Was the shooting in Oak Creek a Tea Party inspired terrorist attack.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Or was he indoctrinated by the media and political groups and/or religion to act out violently?

Or his cheese simply slid completely off the cracker.

More than likely, but was he also indoctrinated by the hate preached on a daily basis? This is really the point of this thread, what role did the media, politics and religion play in this mass attack, and can we expect more to come?

You can't fix stupid, if this indeed was a revenge attack because of 9/11 against the Sikh and hell is a real place they will have fun with this guy for a eternity.

The bit that I have enboldeded is the bit that many of the dumb players seem to ignore. The right of freedom of speech is great and completely where we are all at but it must also be used responsibly so as not to incite the unstable from slaughtering people. This is exactly what I have been pointing out but my detractors in this thread appeared to have great difficulty in understanding!

It served the Tea party Leadership very well to allow every single hater to speak unchecked (as it fitted their pro-freedom image) hence there is a likelihood that this nut job was influenced by the Tea Party.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

It serve the Tea party Leadership very well to allow every single hater to speak unchecked hence there is a likelihood that this nut job was influenced by the Tea Party.

Mindless speculation to fuel your hatred of a political movement you despise.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It serve the Tea party Leadership very well to allow every single hater to speak unchecked hence there is a likelihood that this nut job was influenced by the Tea Party.

Actually do not assume, as it makes and A** out of you and me (Benny Hill from back in the day).

I do not like big governemnt but I am not slave to any movement unlike some here.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
well, I can't speak for anyone else of course...but if someone is too damned stupid to know a Hindu from a Muslim on sight and for meaning, I wouldn't have then around me or be in any group they were in. That level of pure, Grade A ignorance is contagious and real dangerous.

The Hindus I have known in life have been among the nicer and more generous folks I've called friends. This was a tragedy. I hate to think politics is what came to mind first.... heck, my first concern was Pakistani...as in Kashmir, and what Hindus and Muslims are still very much fighting over. It hadn't ever crossed my mind that an American would have done it for political reasons...let alone that bad a misunderstanding of who is who.

Your post about ignorance is a little ironic.
What have Hindus got to do with any of this?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
How about some people actually do some reading instead of just making crap up

www.nytimes.com...

They have known what Page was all about for a decade long before the TPM long for 9-11 so please how bout sitcking to the fact instead of political dogma.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
How about some people actually do some reading instead of just making crap up

www.nytimes.com...

They have known what Page was all about for a decade long before the TPM long for 9-11 so please how bout sitcking to the fact instead of political dogma.

So what made him flip now? As opposed top ten years ago? Why now to go on a rampage against people who may share a country with a significant levlel of moslems originally. Do you get my drift?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

How the hell does anyone know?

Ask Page oh that's right the solution to the psycho is to call 9-11 and get the guys with guns to take care it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
well, I can't speak for anyone else of course...but if someone is too damned stupid to know a Hindu from a Muslim on sight and for meaning, I wouldn't have then around me or be in any group they were in. That level of pure, Grade A ignorance is contagious and real dangerous.

The Hindus I have known in life have been among the nicer and more generous folks I've called friends. This was a tragedy. I hate to think politics is what came to mind first.... heck, my first concern was Pakistani...as in Kashmir, and what Hindus and Muslims are still very much fighting over. It hadn't ever crossed my mind that an American would have done it for political reasons...let alone that bad a misunderstanding of who is who.

Your post about ignorance is a little ironic.
What have Hindus got to do with any of this?

I was thinking the same thing...

Sikhs aren't Hindus anymore than they're Muslims.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Inge Marler, Arkansas Tea Party Leader, Makes Racist Joke At Event

www.democraticunderground.com...
edit on 6-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I do not like big governemnt but I am not slave to any movement unlike some here.

Well flailing about while groping in the dark trying to find a nonexistent connection to feed ones own agenda isn't helping things either.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Unless its true.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well that settles it right there! This whole shooting was because of the tea party. And every other shooting in the past 10 years too.

Time to root out the tea party and string em up like animals!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So Obama is accused of being influenced by Bill Ayers and Rev Wright just to name two, this influence according to the right defines what Obama is all about, but the tea party and other right wings supporters are not influenced by media, political movements and religion?
edit on 6-8-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You should look at what I was replying to before you start assuming things

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well goddamn, do any of you guys ever look in a mirror? While I agree with you (you know who are) that the TPM isn't responsible for this and it borders silly to try and link it... look at yourselves. We've got one dude outraged at the accusation and calling it exactly what it is, propganda then flips the script and does it to the left. Then you guys... man... what a world you guys live in where it's only wrong and propaganda when it happens to your team. On a positive note though, I have finally just learned how useless it is to appeal to your rationale.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Remember how the GWB administration ignored threats of Islamic terrorist using hijacked planes as missiles?

Well this was also ignored, after it was attacked by our law makers:

Remember the DHS report about Veterans being recruited to Right-Wing terrorist groups which was leaked and led newly appointed Homeland Secretary Janet Napolitano to initially defending the report but later having to apologize and withdrawing the report after she was thrown under the bus by her own party (Bennie Thompson, Congressman from MS) & severely criticized by Republicans.

April 2009

The Washington Times released a story on April 14, 2009, that said, "The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in 'rightwing extremist activity,' saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias."

This report was bashed from one end of the political spectrum to the other. Now we have this:

From Think Progress, July 27th 2011, Ben Armbruster writes in an article headlined - After Right-Wing pressure, DHS now has 'just one person' dealing with Domestic Terrorism. The greatest threat of large-scale attacks come from individuals and small groups of extremists who subscribe to radical Islamic or far right-wing ideologies, said Gary LaFree, director of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, or START. Gary Ackerman, Research Director at START, said nationally, law enforcement has been focused since the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon in 2001 on the threat of Islamic terrorism, even as the threat from domestic anti-government groups has been growing. “Some people believe we have taken our eye off the ball when it comes to domestic right-wing extremists,” he said.

It has now been confirmed that the Oak Creek, WI Gurudwara (temple) mass murderer Wade Michael Page was indeed a veteran, White Supremacist, Neo-Nazi and leader of a white power music (?) band called End Apathy. I wish the Obama folks would pull out the DHS report and send it to Boehner and the other Repubs and demand an apology but but that would be politicizing a tragedy right?

link
edit on 6-8-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Tea Party has engaged in a heavy amount of Islamophobia. Tea Party leaders like Plain and Bachmann have made vicious attacks against any person of Muslim background, such as the witch hunt against Huma Abedin. Now Tea Party followers have been issuing death threats to a decent American citizen. Does anyone doubt this type of rhetoric has an underlying racist tone, that will (and surely has) result in someone taking it seriously, to the point of going on a murder spree? There are some real whacko's out there, borderline psycho's who only need a nudge to go over the edge, and having a Tea Party politico on the boob-tube shrieking Islamophobic diatribes might be just enough to do it.

Wade Michael Page was clearly a racist, and was certainly a racist all his life. He surely absorbed a great deal of Islamaphobia from the media and certain political parties that engage in hateful rhetoric, but this was not likely his only influence. His friends in those circles he traveled in surely engaged in a large degree of racism and hate-speech, his audience, and his own internal justifications would also be influences. But that doesn't excuse the hate language coming from the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

What does Nidal Hasan, James Holmes, Mark Barton, etc........ Have in common ?

Severe delusions.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Okay, lets just say every mass murderer has been influenced by the Tea Party. We don't need to check first, let's just assume that was a possible motive, and ensure we say it every time we talk about it, and what a horrible hate filled tragedy it is. The Tea Party get's people so fired up, they commit mass murder, we need more gun laws to protect people.
If he's not a Tea Party member, or even knows what the Tea Party is, no big deal, we can just say later that "it is now confirmed that X Y and Z were motives. You heard it hear first". It's a win win, the Tea Party is black eyed, and we reported it first.

Granted, this has never been the case so far, but if we get enough mass murders, we're bound to be right eventually.

The left at work again, and always singing the same tune

edit on 7-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You think this may be why Bachman has such heartburn about Huma? Or maybe this is all just contrived lies? Hmmm.....

www.nationalreview.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join