Was the shooting in Oak Creek a Tea Party inspired terrorist attack.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It wouldn't surprise me if the shooter was a member of the tea party/ or was a registered Republican.

He must of thought he was shooting at "evil muslims" when in fact he was shooting at a completely different group of people.

Sadly this is what you get when you get a riled up pissed off, conservative that was probably hooked on prescription meds.

Yep, because ALL the latest shootings have been Tea Party related, right?

Just stupid.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It is still a little bit early for such speculation. We really need to stay focused on the things we do know. This isn't even one of the first questions that come to my mind. Because ultimately the mans political affiliations have nothing to do with him being a sick individual that decided he could kill people to make his life all better.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

wade michael page, an army vet who belonged to skin head groups.

too much violence in our world!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
well, I can't speak for anyone else of course...but if someone is too damned stupid to know a Hindu from a Muslim on sight and for meaning, I wouldn't have then around me or be in any group they were in. That level of pure, Grade A ignorance is contagious and real dangerous.

The Hindus I have known in life have been among the nicer and more generous folks I've called friends. This was a tragedy. I hate to think politics is what came to mind first.... heck, my first concern was Pakistani...as in Kashmir, and what Hindus and Muslims are still very much fighting over. It hadn't ever crossed my mind that an American would have done it for political reasons...let alone that bad a misunderstanding of who is who.

There were no Hindus as far as we know at this Sikh Temple.
But if you in fact meant Sikhs then I agree with you. I was homeless on the streets of a city I didn't know with mental health issues and the local Sikh temple fed me healthy home cooked food twice a day and not once did they try and push any religious or spiritual ideals on me. They just wanted to make me smile and fill my empty belly.
They truly saved my life.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Tea partiers have been very silent on race hate. They have therefore contributed to the climate of racial hate in the country. I do not know the level of contributions fox news has made but what needs to be done is that all the decent people (right and left) must make a stand against intolerance be it brown people, sexual groups, etc.

I am on record here fo not wanting a racewar!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by bl4ke360

Have you noticed liberal/democrats protesting Muslim mosque construction? Or the right wing protesting mosque construction? This is part of the point of the thread, how much negative so called reporting by political driven news media happen till there followers start acting out hate?

Except a temple isn't a mosque, and Hindus/sikhs aren't Muslims.
edit on 8/5/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

Can we just get it clear that Hindus and Sikhs are not the same, they just originally sort of come from the same part of the world. In fact they have not had the best of histories together.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Race haters tend to come from the Right as marxist thpught is allembracing under the banner workers of the world unite. Before anyone argues with me go and read Marx, lenin and trotsky. This does not immediately purge anyone from being racist just by reading marx. neither does reading Forbes automatically make the reader a millionaire.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Tea partiers have been very silent on race hate. They have therefore contributed to the climate of racial hate in the country. I do not know the level of contributions fox news has made but what needs to be done is that all the decent people (right and left) must make a stand against intolerance be it brown people, sexual groups, etc.

No, not really.

AS most Tea Party MEMBERS are of the mindset that you are free to think and believe whatever you want. So long as you don't act on it.

I don't care what skinheads think. That is there right to hate whomever they want.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Did you see the youtube clip where a black man was attacked in a Tea party demonstration? Have you seen the Tea party supporters here spouting racist drivel? The people have right ring ethos and do not speak out about racism. Have you done so? Have you deliberately missed the point?
edit on 6-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The teaparty is a broad church and they certinly have not spoken out about any form of hate. this deafening silence does have implications. Disliking big government is one thing but other boundaries must be established to keep undesireable elements out of it. There has been infiltration by various other Ultra-rightwing groups. Was their ignorance deliberate or was it on purpose eitherway the ommission has prevented many sane black people from joining.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is there any evidence to connect this to the tea party?

Or, are you just so opposed to the tea party that you are using the actions of an unbalanced person to slam the tea party?

I'm a democrat, but I've never seen anything from the tea party that would suggest that people go on a killing rampage.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree with you here in so much as the Tea Party voter holds these ideas. The problem comes in with the people the Tea Party allows to speak for them. Face it electing people like Bachmann and others like her have tarnished those ideas. Those same leaders not disavowing the craziness and instead embracing it further damage the brand. So now instead of representatives of the actual movement you have candidates that bend over backwards to capture the extreme fringe vote to get in and stay in office.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So now people who chose not to make a big deal about someones race, and further the divide by putting the spotlight on race and continuing the tension............are now racist and contributing to racist issues?

That is the most ridiculous thing Ive read in a long time........

This particular line of thought you have just displayed, is glaring insight into the flawed thinking that contributes to the situation were in..........NOT people who choose NOT participate in it........
edit on 6-8-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So there are no racists in the teaparty? Not even one? I can tell that your are a clever person . How about bying a bridge from me?

Think about the Tea party and go back and look at the Youtube video.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I personally don't like the linking of some lunatic to a group that on the whole isn't extremist. Yes there are extremists in the Tea Party and there are racists in there as well that doesn't mean blame should be placed on the whole organization. Much the same as it is to label all Occupiers as extreme left, hippies, druggies etc... some are, not all.

It would be difficult for me to surround myself with tea partiers but I believe very much in their right to exist free of labeling. Let's stop slinging mud and let's stop making it easier for the fascist authoritarians to have their way. Stop letting propaganda be so effective.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Did you see the youtube clip where a black man was attacked in a Tea party demonstration?

Nope, guess not. Please provide.

Have you seen the Tea party supporters here spouting racist drivel?

Please provide.

The people have right ring ethos and do not speak out about racism.

I don't care what others think and say. They allowed to speak their mind.

Have you done so? Have you deliberately missed the point?

Speak out why?
Neo Nazis, Skin Heads, Anti Semites are all allowed to express their views.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So there are no racists in the teaparty? Not even one? I can tell that your are a clever person . How about bying a bridge from me?

Think about the Tea party and go back and look at the Youtube video.

Um, I'm a BIG Tea Party person/supporter and I'm not white.

*watching Tiger5 slowly deflate*

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I do not think that you realise that the Tea party is not a Political Party. It is a movement. Claiming freedom of speach to spout racist nonsense is one thing and is all well and good but when fellow travellers of even members decide to go on a shooting spree accept the consequences of your actions. That is the sad thing you should consider.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I do not think that you realise that the Tea party is not a Political Party. It is a movement. Claiming freedom of speach to spout racist nonsense is one thing and is all well and good but when fellow travellers of even members decide to go on a shooting spree accept the consequences of your actions. That is the sad thing you should consider.

Could you at least prove the racial hate before vomiting filth please?

Thanks

beez

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
if hate is being preached by political parties and media that supports them and things like this happens, don't you think we have some sort of problems?

Indeed.

If the shooter joined the army in 1992, it was right after the first Gulf War, when the military fought the "ragheads".
From ‘Gook’ To ‘Raghead’

After 9/11, the association made between headware and terrorism escalated...

Since 9/11, much of our work as a community has been to educate our fellow citizens that, despite what they see on the news or on the internet, in reality, people who wear turbans are not terrorists and we are not the enemy.

Americanturban

if he's a neo nazi, he probably ran across Pam Geller's rants or the drawing of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban..

The bottom line: Geller is friends with them because they hate Muslims. Period. That’s the only thing that matters to her.

source

Then we recently have Congressional Tea Party supporters Bachmann, Trent Franks, Louie Gohmert, Thomas Rooney and Lynn Westmoreland writing a letter adding more suspicions about Muslims infiltrating America.

What is someone like Wade Page going to do to defend his country and Constitution against Muslim terrorists? Just what he did.
edit on 6-8-2012 by desert because: forgot link

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join