It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity bets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok, time to make a bet on the success of the curiosity landing. Choose a scenario.

1) perfect landing.

2) crash landing

3) won't work after landing because of inferior parts(excuse). They will have to send a repair team to the desert here in America where they make the mars videos.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ok.
Number 2
I don't trust 'em a bit

edit on 5-8-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Im going with number 1.

Although it would be funny to see 2.5Billion go down the drain. So to speak

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
1 imagine it will go off without a hitch.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It'll crash on Marvin's house and he won't be happy!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
as its heading towards mars all the signals will show that the chute wont deploy,,,, then the first video feed will be an alien craft gently placing the rover on the mars surface via "beam"..... this will then be broadcast on all tv stations over the olympics and will closely coincide with "august 4th" theory dates...... noone will suspect this entire scenario will be performed and filmed by Steven spielberg in the deserts of america.... the ushering in of the new world order.................

in all honesty i think it will work out fine,,, havent we sent craft to mars before?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Curiosity will land as planned; safely and secured.

In about 5-10 years, there will be several manned-missions to the red planet and permanent base will be established. This will be the beginning of the Mars Colonization Project.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Number 1 with a side of technical difficulties with the mast.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
(As posted from another thread) I am so excited!!!

Am I alone in thinking that a successful 'Curiosity' landing will spark more interest and funding for the Volunteer Manned Mission to Mars?

400+ Volunteer for one-way manned mission to Mars, to start colonization

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You never can tell, but they seem to be getting better at Mars landings as the go along; NASA is four out of the last four in landings and two out of the last two in orbiters (although NASA lost two craft before that -- one lander and one orbiter, and ESA lost one lander).

So, considering their recent track record, I;ll say they land successfully. Although, like I said, you never know.

I'm going to predict they have some sort of signal/communications issue, but that may be due to a problem with the 11-year old Mars Odyssey Orbiter (which is used to relay data from Curiosity back to Earth, but that communications issue would be just an inconvenience rather than a "deal-breaker" (i.e. a problem they will be able to work through). However, that's just wild speculation on my part.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I never even voted, I vote the rover is damaged from a bad landing but still somewhat operational.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The stakes are on the $$ future funding, so of
course no matter it will be a 'successful' triumph, even
if they have to fake it

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think there's a possibility that the whole delay gives them time to edit footage or they've already made a video of mars like people think they did for the moon.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
None of the above.

4. It won't land properly, but still work fine after.

it's going to be like the other mars rovers. Won't go as plan, but since it's built like a tank, it just keeps working anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i'm going to go with 1, no reasoning; just assuming that billions of dollars buys some good pilots.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by badconduct
None of the above.

4. It won't land properly, but still work fine after.

it's going to be like the other mars rovers. Won't go as plan, but since it's built like a tank, it just keeps working anyway.

I thought the other Mars rovers' landings all went according to plan, and were successful landings.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Called it! I'm a true prophet! Now pay me >

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Gave you and others a star

edit on 7-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join