It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree That Remembered [APWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I still remember that day so long ago when the chilled wing sang its' song of welcome.
You were so small then, so helpless and innocent and beautiful. I remember all the passsing
seasons when you would play so joyfully beneath my aging branches. You had such a creative
imagination back then. You were so vibrant and full of life. Oh how we both enjoyed the scurrying,
comical squirrels that raced around scolding the cats beneath, the bright sunlight that shone
through my dappled leaves, all the moments of serenity spent here.

I remember so many years of life, love, laughter, tears and philosophies that you shared.
I wondered if you knew how truly insightful you were, even at a young age. You really were an
inspiring and wise soul.

I remember too, when you aged, how you fought like a warrior against all the changes and
challenges that were ever present. It was such a struggle of frustration and determination.
After a while, after the losses of the life of loved ones and special creatures that you shared
your life and home with, after the struggle of a body that had lost its' beauty and youth,
the sadness overwhelmed and changed you.

I didn't blame you then. I always wished you well. I always wished you could have my
strength and courage to carry on, but you couldn't hear me. You didn't know.

One day, they brought you to me, your ashes, what was left of you. I knew then that the real
you was somewhere else, somewhere better. Your pain and suffering were gone. I reached
high into the open sky and waved my branches. Thousands of waving leaves wishing
you love on your new journey. I remember. I remember you.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I was just browsing around... And came across this gem.

Absolutely beautiful my friend. It touched my heart....

Thank you for this.

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
beautiful

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Night Star, Yes, so very beautiful, what you have shared/created. I have a "thing" about trees.I can remember how every tree and root and blade of grass looked on every country property we owned. Nearby woods became ravaged by fracking companys and loggers...but, I still had my lil piece of Heaven for a while, at least. I miss it. I built a medicine wheel under a tree once and danced under the full moon and it was magical.
It's all gone now as we had to leave there. I miss my trees. As I wrote in a poem and posted here somewhere..."The willow tree will weep for me and softly whisper my name to the wind". I'll be glad when I can be a part of nature, the soil, the trees. Thanx for writing/sharing about the trees.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Very nice. I enjoyed this poetic story.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I'll be.

This has been here all this time, and I never saw it.

Beautiful Night. Just Beautiful.

Thank you for bring this up.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Night that is beautiful!!!!! I cried so hard knowing that they might tear it down.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Aww...that was beautiful.

I love how you did the spacing...the flow...a pleasure to read!

S&F&*hugs*
jacy

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I realized I never replied to everyone back when I first wrote this. I figured no one else was reading it. I apologize for that!

To my dear friends who popped in this year...

Tom, thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

Kat, thank you so much!

Martin, Thank you! Not sure if they will take that tree down, but surely the flowering ones in the front of the house which makes me very sad. It's the tall ancient tree in my yard that inspired the writing. I say ancient because it's big and towers over the house and looks like it's been there forever.

Awww, thanks Jacy! Actually after reading it I thought I could have done the spacing thing better. Think I was still going through chemo or maybe just finishing up treatments back then so my mind was foggy. Good to see you as always!!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So very nice! Thank you for sharing!

Star and flag
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Thank you so much!

new topics

top topics

join