It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting.........please help

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hope the OP didn't forget us...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos eventually. This whole thing started a little mystery it'd be murder not to hear the end of.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

thank you for the advice, i will keep that info archived i have my little ones this week so free time is less than usaual, i will keep updating this thread i havent forgotten this thread!!!! although there napping right now ill see if i can google any info on this house

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

looks like google aint working for me, i will look into getting newspaper archives i that doesn't work i will see what the policy on getting info from the police department itself

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
go get a cat from a rescue center they seem to pick up on things & dont listen to gossip or believe in jeebus or that the one i had fled the cottage that i stayed in .Both the cat & dog used to react at the same time seconds later i would hear footsteps on the stairs doors used to open & clothes themselves in that cottage if it was not for there reactions i would have thought i was going crazy .are you near water ? both houses i saw this happen in were near streams . .the only thing to fear is fear itself

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

looks like google aint working for me, i will look into getting newspaper archives i that doesn't work i will see what the policy on getting info from the police department itself

Just do what you can ... anything you can find-out will be helpful ... even chat to neighbours that have lived there for some time maybe ... and keep notes about any activity as it happens (or as soon after as possible) if you don't keep notes the mind can sometimes forget important details or alternatively embellish details (even inadvertantly) ... with on the spot notes you know the record is as accurate as it can be.

Woody

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

so last night my when i wasn't there a boom box turned on by itself, it was in the bottom of a moving box while no one was there except my lady, i took it as either stuff shifting in a box to switch on a button an alarm, or it was turned on by an source other than my girl in the shower. it seems at this point if there is an entity in the house its only trying to make itself known at this point, some one mentioned that spirits feed of fear and energy so is this maybe the entity trying to provoke fear?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

so last night my when i wasn't there a boom box turned on by itself, it was in the bottom of a moving box while no one was there except my lady, i took it as either stuff shifting in a box to switch on a button an alarm, or it was turned on by an source other than my girl in the shower. it seems at this point if there is an entity in the house its only trying to make itself known at this point, some one mentioned that spirits feed of fear and energy so is this maybe the entity trying to provoke fear?

We only really fear the 'unknown' it's a primal instinct within us all.

However, a thought crossed my mind ... maybe the entity that has been responsible for some minor signs of activity since your girl moved into the house is a 'victim' ... not the 'murderer' ... this would certainly seem more logical because we don't know the outcome of the murderer (he may still be alive) this is another reason for the importance of research.

If the entity is the victim then she may be trying to draw attention to herself so that someone can unlock her earthbound spirit so that she can move-on and not be trapped in the house 'reliving' the crime over and over on a loop.

But that said you and your lady should remain vigilant and not let your guards down because this is only a theory and if it's actually a darker energy then they may just be trying to lull you into a false sense of security.

I actually had an entity activate a childs toy that was in a toybox to draw attention to itself on one investigation so it does happen ... they will use any means possible to try and let you know they're there if they have a message to get across ... and not all paranormal activity is negative (far from it) ... the task is to determine the need / intention of the entity and act accordingly.

Keep us posted and keep it recorded in as much detail as possible.

Woody

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Don't do what the idiots in the movies always do and get out a outja board unless you plan on making matters worse. And you should probably wear a garlic necklace and use silver bullets if you try to shoot the ghost.

Keep a baseball bat handy that has been coated in holly water. I think you're supposed to urinate in corners to mark you're territory in case the ghost is territorial.
Now with all joking aside, why even stay in a house that you know murders accurd in. You couldn't pay most people to do it. So the rent being low is a poor excuse for attempting to live in a house that may cause more harm that good. Once a possession takes place there's no easy way out.
What if someone is possessed with an angry spirit and tries to reenact the murder? No thanks, your friends best bet is to move out while your friend still can. And like some other posts I read, unless you're stupid keep you're kids out of the home. Nothing good can come from a haunted house.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
maybe you need to cut back on the smokeing ?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If that were only true.

Eg. I have a fear of poisonous, triangle-headed jungle snakes. Certainly I know what they are, what they look like, how they attack, where they live and much much more. Yet knowing them, I still fear them.

I don't fear parasitical entities. Yet I know little in fact about them, they are rarely the same (unknown appearances, if any), etc. etc.

You get my point I am sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers

If that were only true.

Eg. I have a fear of poisonous, triangle-headed jungle snakes. Certainly I know what they are, what they look like, how they attack, where they live and much much more. Yet knowing them, I still fear them.

I don't fear parasitical entities. Yet I know little in fact about them, they are rarely the same (unknown appearances, if any), etc. etc.

Hey there ... I understand the point you are trying to make here but even in your example it is a fear of the unknown ... the 'unknown' factor in your case is that you don't know/understand why you have the fear.

I can fully relate to this because I actually have a full-blown phobia of moths and butterflies ... I know they can't hurt me ... and I'm not too bad if I see one outside anymore ... but if one comes in my house I freak and go into serious meltdown ... I know as a phobia it's completely irrational and illogical ... and like you I do not know why I have this phobia (eg; fear of the unknown).

I would just like to say to all those people out there who say 'I don't like moths but butterflies are beautiful' ... no ... no they are not ... with their freaky fat hairy bodies and fluttering (even typing that makes my stomache turn)

So yes ... 'fear of the unknown' takes many forms and doesn't just relate to the paranormal.

Woody

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

If that were only true.

Hey there ... I understand the point you are trying to make here but even in your example it is a fear of the unknown ... the 'unknown' factor in your case is that you don't know/understand why you have the fear.

I can fully relate to this because I actually have a full-blown phobia of moths and butterflies ... I know they can't hurt me ... and I'm not too bad if I see one outside anymore ... but if one comes in my house I freak and go into serious meltdown ... I know as a phobia it's completely irrational and illogical ... and like you I do not know why I have this phobia (eg; fear of the unknown).

I fear poisonous snakes because I know they can seriously harm and even kill me. This is not a phobia, it is a fact of jungle life.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

If that were only true.

I fear poisonous snakes because I know they can seriously harm and even kill me. This is not a phobia, it is a fact of jungle life.

Fair enough ... I must be a bit slow today I hadn't realized you'd posted with pedantic intentions
and yes ... still I can see your point but I'm not sure what this has specifically to do with the topic of this thread ... that said it's an interesting subject in it's own right and would make for a very interesting discussion ... maybe you should think about starting a thread of your own (so that this thread doesn't get derailed).

Woody

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So I've been following this thread for a little while and was wondering if there were any new developments with the house. Did you ever make it upstairs or see what is upstairs?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
nothing new yet, only i was over there again and sleep is not impossible but difficult, so appently the murder(s) happend in the kitchen,as a experiment i was thinking of getting some alphabet magnets for the fridge to se if there is any attempted communication, but since i don't have much experience i thought that my just be a myth u see in movies, and also would it possibly rile up whatever may be there, whats ur opinion? reply to post by woodwytch

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

i enjoy it so much though it has been my friend through many adventures

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Have you tried investing in a cheap digital audio recorder? Try getting an EVP or two. I wouldn't antagonize it or anything, but maybe ask it a few questions like, "Who are you?" and such. Not much of an expert on haunted houses, but I do have an audio recorder and whenever someone tries to tell me a location is haunted I like trying to go to them and get EVPs.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

yip me too btw how close are you to running water ie a stream ?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

whats urdefinition of close?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

ihave an iphone with adigital recoder app

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join