It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting.........please help

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My women friend just moved into a new place. To look at it it old cracked paint two stories. Rent 750. whhaatttt!!!! That's a sweet deal. So she asks why so cheap? She is told that no one has rented it for a long time and the second story is closed off, so in essence its just a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath house. Still a good deal for this area.

She asks why is the second story blocked off. She is told that the floor is weak, I immediately think that doesn't add up, if the second story floor is weak that means the first floor ceiling is also weak and can possibly be dangerous. She takes it and starts moving in. As she is moving her stuff with her roommate one of the neighbors comes over to say hi.

They start talking and the neighbor says something along the lines, that's cool you don't care what happened here. She asked what do you mean? There was a murder here back in the 70s. Now my lady calls her new landlord to confirm and yes there was murder, (stabbing) possibly a multiple after asking other people. Since the 70s the house has been known as a haunted house and has spent most of its time vacant with only a few tenets.

One of the neighbors claimed that one year during Halloween the house was made by the neighbors into a Haunted house for the neighborhood kids to enjoy. At some point during the the festivity(according to the story) the houses two doors slammed shut and jammed with some kids inside, no one got hurt or anything but that was the last time anybody made a haunted house there. So based on the info that i have been told, I believe that the 2nd story floor is fine, it was closed off because that is were the murder(s) took place and someone wanted to keep people away from this haunted second story,(possibly because whatever s up there shows violent tendency). I also believe that blocking off the top didn't completely keep whatever quarantined and that's why there have not been a lot of tenets.

The first night i stayed there with my little ones, my littlest couldn't sleep well and as restless, i chalked it up to being in a new place but these kids sleep hard were-ever they go so it was not normal. I myself have made a bad habit of staying up late anyway but can usually lay down and fall asleep within 3 min. Not on this night, i didn't fall asleep till 5 in the morning.

On three occasions i heard a knocking coming from somewhere inside or outside the house, to make sure there were no intruders or ner do wells i stepped out for a smoke went around the house and at no time did i see anybody or hear anybody or even see signs that anyone was around. So everything Ive heard indicates a haunting and on my first night a strange knocking that i didn't have the evidence to explain one way or the other, im going there tonight without my little ones and if i experience anything else i will post it here.

My question is to people that have experience with this stuff, what can i do if it starts to get dangerous, is there anything i can do to make a peace offering, and if i do make it to the second floor(which i plan on doing) what should i bring, are there any things i should say or not say, i have a 14 megapixel camera i wanted to bring that has audio video capabilities, should i bring a regular camera as well or anything else all advice welcome, nay Sayers feel free to post here but Ive heard it all before "pics or didn't happen" i get it. Also I want to look up the history of the house, I wonder are police reports open to the public if not i figure i should look at old newspapers at the library are there any other routes i can to look up info?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I hate to sound like a 1980's movie, but I'd see about library records of the newspapers so you at least know what happened there. It seems to me that single or multiple leaves quite a range of event for how strong an impression it could have left on the house.

How blocked off is blocked off? Windows from the outside? If it's totally 'sealed'...umm... That wasn't smart for someone. You could have a zoo in there with a family of raccoons playing pinochle at their own table. Who'd know?

If you can get in there...Well, there might be other ways. Purification suggestions I'd make. It sounds interesting.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

My first advice is to check the history before anything else ... at least you will have an idea of what you are dealing with then and can work out the best plan of defence ... and if it proves to be as severe as it is made to sound you will need professional help ... this would not be an advisible place for a novice to start out on their paranormal investigation career ... seriously this kind of stuff can really mess with your head if you don't have enough experience.

Keep us posted with any information you discover.

Woody

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

the stairs have either been taken out or a closet was built in front of them, the closet ceiling is a well placed secured board that can be pushed up with some force, the handyman said through that closet it the only way up and the windows are boarded from the inside i think. From what i also know is there was a Mexican family that lived there family members of a restaurant owner still in town. i dont know if the owner is in town but his restarant is, i am assuming there religious background is catholic since they are from Mexico but that is not confirmed.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It would certainly be worth seeing if any of the Mexican family are still in town and if so get a 'meet' with them asap ... they may have a ery interesting story to tell.

Woody

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

My first advice is to check the history before anything else ... at least you will have an idea of what you are dealing with then and can work out the best plan of defence ... and if it proves to be as severe as it is made to sound you will need professional help ... this would not be an advisable place for a novice to start out on their paranormal investigation career ... seriously this kind of stuff can really mess with your head if you don't have enough experience.

Keep us posted with any information you discover.

Woody

since i don't have means of getting a professional, its up to me, do you have advice on how to go about it, the only stuff ive seen is on fact or faked(my oldests kids favorite show) and a couple other similar programs, i don't have equipment except for a camera with video audio capabilities.
edit on 5-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Seriously man, don't mess with em yourself. Talking to them and trying to make a peace offering might put yourself in danger or cause the activity to increase and possibly hurt your friend.

There are many paranormal groups out there that are frothing at the mouth to experience something like you are describing, do some research and I am sure you will find some locals ready to take it on! Even so, your friend needs to get the hell out!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

If its anything evil use salt. Create a barrier or a safezone, evil spirits and spirits in general cannot cross it. Spread it on the floor, on the windows.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

there just a couple unexplained knocks and stories so far, i hope it stays that way, we will see

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

there just a couple unexplained knocks and stories so far, i hope it stays that way, we will see

Well, considering it is an old house, the second floor is sealed off, then it is a good possiblity that is is just animals that have gotten in and doing their thing! It could just be imaginations running wild because of stories?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Wow... How long has it been since someone has seen inside this closed space? I mean, this isn't merely the dead space of a wall that never sees the light of day. Think of all the mold, mildew and general run down that happens in the areas you live in a place. Then...yikes..no one knows if critters have gotten in or for how long?

Honestly, the haunting is a concern but like TAPS on their show...eliminate the mundane and there is sure a whole 2nd floor of possible surprised behind sealed walls to rule out. Sorry...I just get the shivers thinking about closed in spaces over time like that. It's either dead and empty...or ..Yuk! I HATE bugs and critters to small to shoot if they attack me.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i used to bee keep, i have a bee suit i plan on wearing, gloves and face mask, and i will probably be able to secure my camera in front of my face under my line of sight to the bee suit, not sure how yet bbut i will figure it out, i got over things crawling on me once i started bee keeping so i should be good,

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

thats what im thinking as well(you never know though), i am also going up there on a practical matter, if the floor is bad than the 1st floor ceiling may be bad and could be dangerous its worth it to check it out

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That house sounds dangerous without the haunting. My own place is haunted and my roommate's pet has been attacked by a demon and possessed on several occasions. It's not a pretty sight, but there are immediate dangers in a house. First of all, there will be mold on the second floor and everyone here agrees that animals have gotten in. It would really suck if the place got infested with rats or mice, which would have full access.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If you have a spare $100 and a surefire or high power mini-mag lite, you could probably see quite a bit by drilling a couple holes before getting more ...intrusive... about getting back in there. It would also give you a way of seeing in before opening a way for any critters to come out?

Harbor Freight - Inspection Camera

Did I mention how much I HATE bugs and furry things too small to shoot? lol... It's just what I'd consider doing first, anyway...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that your friend was not informed of the history prior to sale, in Washington State that's illegal (as it should be). You probably aren't going to care for my advice, but here it is::

I grew up in a house where the paranormal was typically a weekly occurrence, nothing violent happened to myself or my family, but there is simply no and I mean *NO* explanation for most of our paranormal hunches. It is real and I believe every word of your post, however, the only way we were able to live semi-normal lives was to relocate. We moved to a new place a couple of cities over and have never had anything even remotely close happen since.

My opinion? Move, because it isn't going to stop and you aren't going to be able to find someone who can. The only thing you're going to do is earn a reputation with the locals of being a weirdo who believes in ghosts.

If you do decide to try something I'd be anxious to hear how it goes! I know you don't know me but I want you to know how serious I am....please do not use a Ouija board.

Goodluck!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sorry -- Double post.
edit on 5-8-2012 by NewWorldDisorder because: Double post.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure about a peace offering, but spirits are supposed to be drawn to water and flowers. Burning white sage around the windows and doors is supposed to repel negative energy...you might want to burn some in whatever room your kids sleep in if they stay over there with you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
im heading over there right no, no internet connection so i will post tommarow let u guys know what happend or didnt happen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join