It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Jets Attack Gunmens Car in Shooting on Sinai Border. 15 dead.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

CAIRO (Reuters) - Islamist gunmen killed at least 15 Egyptian policemen and seized an army tank in an assault on a Sinai police station near the border with Israel on Sunday, the deadliest attack in the region in at least two decades.

The attack, which saw Israeli aircraft destroy a vehicle used by the gunmen to try to storm the fortified border, was the first major security emergency for Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi, who summoned his military council.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Looks like most all border regions around Israel are showing increasing violence.

I didn't know where else to post this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Egypt's stability has be increasingly tenuous as the disconnect between the military caste and the elected officials widens. They seem to be losing control of who comes in and goes out of the country

Israel may find itself in the middle of a bees nest, and these "swats" of military force to kill some bees may land them in trouble. The situation is getting tense for all parties

Someone must have forgot the keys in the tank

edit on 5-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Way to go Egypt. You are on the verge of setting yourself 30 years backwards.
Islam sure is a sure ticket to happiness. *Looks around only to find out nearly all Islamic countries slaughtering each other*... Whoops, guess not.

Oh wait wait this is ATS so someone must soon appear and claim this is yet another CIA/Mossad secret op.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Islam sure is a sure ticket to happiness. *Looks around only to find out nearly all Islamic countries slaughtering each other*... Whoops, guess not.

Oh wait wait this is ATS so someone must soon appear and claim this is yet another CIA/Mossad secret op.

There is a reason there is mayhem and war in the Middle-East, it's for the creation of the "Great Israel", I'm sure you heard of it.

Or maybe you can't understand because of the blinders you wear.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Thanks for warning me, think ill cancel my holiday to the Maldives, didnt realise there was so much slaughter over there. Hmmm maybe ill go to Turkey instead, oh wait, damnit!, more slaughter there too. Oh wait I know I know!, Malaysia!!! that tropical paradise, thats surely going to be......godamnit, whats with all this slaughter in these major tourist destinations????

Screw it ill just go to Cyprus

ah **** its full of muslims too!!! , no doubt plenty of slaughter in that place.

Maybe ill just to go Detroit, seems safe enough.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
There is a reason there is mayhem and war in the Middle-East, it's for the creation of the "Great Israel", I'm sure you heard of it.

Yeah, and I'm sure you can provide me some decent citing for this thorough research of yours that will come from reliable sources and not from 10 viewers blogs. Right?

Originally posted by Murad
Thanks for warning me, think ill cancel my holiday to the Maldives, didnt realise there was so much slaughter over there. Hmmm maybe ill go to Turkey instead, oh wait, damnit!, more slaughter there too. Oh wait I know I know!, Malaysia!!! that tropical paradise, thats surely going to be......godamnit, whats with all this slaughter in these major tourist destinations????

Screw it ill just go to Cyprus

ah **** its full of muslims too!!! , no doubt plenty of slaughter in that place.

Maybe ill just to go Detroit, seems safe enough.

Ain't that a smartarse post if I ever saw one. Well you named the key phrase - major tourist destination.
Egypt once was a major tourist destination as well, and look what has become of it now. Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan.. Should I go on? Should I mention Africa? Or the Xxxxx-stan crap infested countries?..... Or will we agree that the crushing majority of manslaughter happens in Islamic countries, to the point of making it seem like the Islamic world is on the verge of destruction. Oh, wait, there's still Malasya.

edit on 5-8-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

All I see is a map with lines drawn on it really. If you want to convince me you'll have to provide more than conjecture.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Ain't that a smartarse post if I ever saw one

Well when you say really dumb stuff, and I do mean dumb, like the kinda stuff a not very clever child would say, then what do you honestly expect?

Did you realise that over a quarter of the countries on our planet have majorly islamic populations?, thats more than 50 out of the 190 countries there actualy is and there spread out all over the planet. And thats countries with majorities, so im being fairly liberal with my assessment of what constitutes a muslim country. How about 48 percent population countries?, any slaughter in those countries?, 46 percent countries comprised of muslims?, what about any slaughter in those?

See the thing is, your taking one geographical area and attributing the violence that exists in that specific region, which is pretty big to be honest, and totaly ignoring the multitude of historical, economical and political complexities that have created such tensions and instead choose to blame it on a religion, as if thats the reason. Not only is that completely moronic and utterly laughable by anyone who has a shred of common sense, or basicaly a brain, but it is one of the single most racist remarks ive seen so far here as it truly shows how ignorant you truly are not just of your fellow man, but also the world as a whole.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
LOL!!!! Look at that map. Are you serious? 2nd dumbest post ive seen on ATS and THAT is saying something.

Originally posted by samsamm9

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Or maybe you can't understand because of the blinders you wear.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

not agreeing with Israel doesn't mean your an anti-semite first off, but you are kind of right. To defend calgarian, it doesn't actually say Israelis killed 15 in the title, it just says 15 dead.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well I can't see anything wrong with Israel's actions (apart from murder which is normal for them), they took out the bad guys in, or near, their border.
It just made Egypt look foolish and defenseless.
Ehud Barak told Mursi "Perhaps it will also be a proper wake-up call to the Egyptians to take matters in hand on their side in a firmer way,"
In other words "learn to wipe your own backside".

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Nile to Euphrates?

Really?

Is that why Israel gave the West Bank and Gaza Strip back to the Palestinians to try and make peace? is that why Israel gave back the Sinai (including completely built up Red Sea holiday resorts including the popular Sharm El Sheikh, where 7,000 Israeli's had made their home and were forced out to make peace). Land that Israel won fairly in war!

All given back, so how does that equate to trying to build a 'greater' Israel??????

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, you are absolutely right, I already did. Why else would the Israeli govt have issued a warning to all Israeli citizens to leave Sinai, just days earlier. Coincidence ? Yes sure, like everything else.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

My only hope and DESIRE is for Israel to ERASE Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Jordan, kill tens of milions of muslims (who are also jew-haters) and in the process make people like you have heart attacks because Israel wins big time.

What a lovely comment.

Is it a sudden hope and desire because of this thread or you had this wish of witnessing tens of Millions of Muslims getting killed for a long time ?

Just curious

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They are getting better these israeli pilots. Wasnt that long ago they were hitting wheel chairs. Was it a disabled or invalids car?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Israel may find itself in the middle of a bees nest, and these "swats" of military force to kill some bees may land them in trouble.

it was born there

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
VIDEO:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Big bad boogie man Israel is at it again! Perhaps, the OP could have made the title that? The title of this thread is highly editorialized, and could imply that Israel exhibited some kind of bold aggression. Which is the furthest thing from what I read in the article. Apparently, Israel made a defensive maneuver after the Islamists murdered Egyptian police officers and tried to storm the border with Israel with a tank. From the article:

Islamists kill 15 Egyptians, Israel strikes attackers

Islamist gunmen killed at least 15 Egyptian policemen and seized an army tank in an assault on a Sinai police station near the border with Israel on Sunday, the deadliest attack in the region in at least two decades.

The attack, which saw Israeli aircraft destroy a vehicle used by the gunmen to try to storm the fortified border, was the first major security emergency for Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi, who summoned his military council.

They commandeered a tank! I have no problem with air support disabling it. It is not some Arab teenagers taking Mommy and Daddy's car out for a joyride. I am sorry OP, but the way that the title was worded could be misconstrued by somebody that has not read the article in its entirety. Israel's strike is a mere footnote, and the crux of the story is about scores of Egyptian policemen getting killed and a devastating piece of military hardware getting hijack by Islamist insurgents. Somebody was looking for some knee-jerk responses . . .
edit on 6-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join