It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 planecrashes in just 3 days - reasons unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
While surfing the daily german news (since I live in germany, for those who might wonder) I found a article about how a 17-year-old girl had started from a glider airfield with no problems, but then came down, clipping several houses before smashing into one seemingly head-on. No-one on the ground was hurt, but the pilot was killed. This happened on Saturday, 4. August 2012.
The newsarticle then blended in 3 new plane crash events over germany that all supposedly happened during the weekend, taking 5 more lives.
Here a quick summary I put together and translated from all 4 events:

Six people were killed after several plane crashes in Germany over the weekend:

-On Friday evening an 18-year-old pilot of an ultralight aircraft in Rhineland-Palatinate, Idar-Oberstein, was killed, his passenger (23) was critically injured. The cause of the crash is still unclear. Experts from the Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accidents Investigation (BFU) are working on the case, a police spokesman said on Saturday in Trier.

- A glider crash in Quakenbrück (district of Osnabrück), killed the 17-year-old pilot on Saturday . The police in Osnabrück state that the young woman started alone from a local airfield. The cause of the crash remains unclear.

-Sunday: a small airplane missed a group of campers by a hair's width. The single-engine four-seater started to spin shortly after takeoff in the evening. The plane fell crashing to the ground and caught a tent of the group with one wing. Firefighters say it's likely that a pilot error was what led to the accident. According to police, the cause of the crash is still unclear.

-Four people have died on Sunday during a small airplane crash near Coburg. Shortly after takeoff from the airport Steinrücken the airplane crashed at the edge of a forest and bursted into flames. Whether the aircraft crashed due to a technical malfunction or a pilot error is still unclear.

Source:

Morgenpost.de

Since you don't hear a lot about planecrashes in Germany I wondered how in the world it could have come to such disasters? It seems very odd to me that after weeks of no avaition accidents in germany you get 4 in a weekend, of which none are fully explained yet. Could this be coincidence or is there something going on? I dont mean to put a conspiracy theory into this but something might be up with our airspace here in germany, wether it be magnetic or atmospheric related. Like sudden drops in pressure, loss of flightcontrolls ect. (Bermuda Triangle style). I'm really looking foreward to hearing more about these accidents, hope they come up with something more valueable then blaming it on a pilot error. (I mean if thats what happened, ok, afterall there were two teenagers involved who might not had the needed flight expirience they should have had, but you know how investigation bureau's like to bend reality so I keep my mind open)
I'll keep looking into this and will surely update once there is information data availabe.

I uploaded a map so you can exactly see where it happened. Maybe you guys can make something out of this:

The order of the events are represented alphabeticly from A (earliest) to D (latest).

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am not sure what you are implying here but..

If you are looking for a conspiracy angle, perhaps it has something to do with Greece bailout and the attempt at stablizing the Euro.

Germany has been at the forefront of the economic issue. Perhaps someone does not like Germany taking the lead

Did the occupants of the downed crafts have any connection to the German government and any central banks?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Pilots where probably drunk

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Pilots where probably drunk

Yeah, because Germany is full of drunken pilots?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I cannot believe the responses so far! Disgusting and idiotic...if u have nothing of value to offer...why bother junking up this post!!!

I find it intriguing and say....let's keep following it. Hopefully it isn't anything messing w/ instruments...magnetic field...ect...and hopefully...no others go down.

I wonder how surrounding areas are doing?

When you go to the EOIS.. They don't put up plane crashes as they happen...they tend to put them all up at once. I remember before I realized that I went and was checking disasters and seen 100's of planes that again I thought went down at once...the only thing that kept me from posting it on ATS...someone beat me to it....hahahahahahahahaha embarrassing. lol

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
While surfing the daily german news (since I live in germany, for those who might wonder) I found a article about how a 17-year-old girl had started from a glider airfield with no problems, but then came down, clipping several houses before smashing into one seemingly head-on. No-one on the ground was hurt, but the pilot was killed. This happened on Saturday, 4. August 2012.
The newsarticle then blended in 3 new plane crash events over germany that all supposedly happened during the weekend, taking 5 more lives.
Here a quick summary I put together and translated from all 4 events:

Six people were killed after several plane crashes in Germany over the weekend:

-On Friday evening an 18-year-old pilot of an ultralight aircraft in Rhineland-Palatinate, Idar-Oberstein, was killed, his passenger (23) was critically injured. The cause of the crash is still unclear. Experts from the Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accidents Investigation (BFU) are working on the case, a police spokesman said on Saturday in Trier.

- A glider crash in Quakenbrück (district of Osnabrück), killed the 17-year-old pilot on Saturday . The police in Osnabrück state that the young woman started alone from a local airfield. The cause of the crash remains unclear.

-Sunday: a small airplane missed a group of campers by a hair's width. The single-engine four-seater started to spin shortly after takeoff in the evening. The plane fell crashing to the ground and caught a tent of the group with one wing. Firefighters say it's likely that a pilot error was what led to the accident. According to police, the cause of the crash is still unclear.

-Four people have died on Sunday during a small airplane crash near Coburg. Shortly after takeoff from the airport Steinrücken the airplane crashed at the edge of a forest and bursted into flames. Whether the aircraft crashed due to a technical malfunction or a pilot error is still unclear.

Source:

Morgenpost.de

Since you don't hear a lot about planecrashes in Germany I wondered how in the world it could have come to such disasters? It seems very odd to me that after weeks of no avaition accidents in germany you get 4 in a weekend, of which none are fully explained yet. Could this be coincidence or is there something going on? I dont mean to put a conspiracy theory into this but something might be up with our airspace here in germany, wether it be magnetic or atmospheric related. Like sudden drops in pressure, loss of flightcontrolls ect. (Bermuda Triangle style). I'm really looking foreward to hearing more about these accidents, hope they come up with something more valueable then blaming it on a pilot error. (I mean if thats what happened, ok, afterall there were two teenagers involved who might not had the needed flight expirience they should have had, but you know how investigation bureau's like to bend reality so I keep my mind open)
I'll keep looking into this and will surely update once there is information data availabe.

I uploaded a map so you can exactly see where it happened. Maybe you guys can make something out of this:

The order of the events are represented alphabeticly from A (earliest) to D (latest).

Just off the top of my head, the first two listed, inexperienced teen-aged pilots = a higher probability of an accident.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
well ultra-lights and smaller planes can be susceptible to the more violent thermals, could simply have been abnormal flying conditions being flown by inexperienced pilots. Just my guess though.

new topics

top topics

join