It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super powers or incredible coincidences

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I said in an earlier post, that I in no way think Im special or have super powers. And your right. You wont see me making a thread about all the times I wanted something to go my way and it didnt. Thats what the 'rant' forum is for.

Seeing as you felt strongly enough about it to post a lengthy reply pointing out how it all HAS to be coiencidence, then i guess you didn't get what my first sentence of the thread meant. If you think what Im talking about is just coiencidence then you havn't experienced what myself and many others have. I know you havn't, because if you have, then you would be right along side all the others, telling of your expeiences of "knowing'

~peace~

I experience weird coincidences all the time. I just refuse to put so much unneeded profundity on something so trivial. The universe doesn't bend to our will. I don't see how anyone can deceive themselves to believe otherwise. Self-centeredness is something I try to stay away from, but you and others seem to experience it quite often.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I would be curious to see what these cycles corespond to. Im not an expert or even a novice in astrology or anything of that nature, but I do wonder if there is a connection. I have noticed that if I have good karma and am doing the right thing, (which I always try to do) it becomes stable and feels alot more controllable and feels very natural. But I gave up trying to control my ....whatever you wanna call it.... awhile ago.

By the way I think im just going to shorten ...whatever you wanna call it... to wywci. So if I use that in future convo you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I said in an earlier post, that I in no way think Im special or have super powers. And your right. You wont see me making a thread about all the times I wanted something to go my way and it didnt. Thats what the 'rant' forum is for.

Seeing as you felt strongly enough about it to post a lengthy reply pointing out how it all HAS to be coiencidence, then i guess you didn't get what my first sentence of the thread meant. If you think what Im talking about is just coiencidence then you havn't experienced what myself and many others have. I know you havn't, because if you have, then you would be right along side all the others, telling of your expeiences of "knowing'

~peace~

I experience weird coincidences all the time. I just refuse to put so much unneeded profundity on something so trivial. The universe doesn't bend to our will. I don't see how anyone can deceive themselves to believe otherwise. Self-centeredness is something I try to stay away from, but you and others seem to experience it quite often.

I wouldn't so much say that it is a deception, as it is largely a choice by individuals to perceive and feel the way they do about certain things, as well as temporary conditions of the mind; no one person is truly right when it comes to this. I believe behavioral dynamism is important to keep in mind, as a lot of people experience changes in the way they feel and think about, well everything. At least those that have managed to keep a plastic mind.

As for self-centeredness, what are the acceptable thresholds of self-centeredness in this modern day, because it seems that most are working jobs that generally benefit people, but it is ultimately for the benefit of themselves, thus to earn money to buy necessities and luxuries. Many of these things, specifically the luxuries, could very well be considered the epitome of selfishness and self-centeredness.

Therein, the idea that perceiving a level of profundity in the wake of something seemingly improbable, and personal, as wrong, and furthermore, as a disrespect to the cosmos, seems a bit foreign to me, but hey, I'm not you....

Or am I?

edit on 7-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
This is trippy stuff when it's new. However, pay it no new or special attention. Just understand it as part of the package of information arising along with scents, sights, sounds etc.

Have you noticed that your thoughts are more noticed by you? Like they are automatic and not spawned by you?
Observing your own inner thoughts from an objective/third-person-like perspective?

If so, pretty soon you won't notice coincidences as you grow your awareness well beyond them.
Give them no power, just appreciate them or the "heads up" from your higher awareness. It's a spiritual poke on the shoulder.

Quoted for importance. This is some good insight to those of you experiencing these things and not letting your 'tree grow'.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I experience weird coincidences all the time. I just refuse to put so much unneeded profundity on something so trivial. The universe doesn't bend to our will. I don't see how anyone can deceive themselves to believe otherwise.

The universe doesn't bend to one's will.
But in a moment of complete self-observation, one is able to see there is no boundary between the inner world and the outer. When one is reminded of this, we call it synchronicity.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro
I wouldn't so much say that it is a deception, as it is largely a choice by individuals to perceive and feel the way they do about certain things, as well as temporary conditions of the mind; no one person is truly right when it comes to this. I believe behavioral dynamism is important to keep in mind, as a lot of people experience changes in the way they feel and think about, well everything. At least those that have managed to keep a plastic mind.

As for self-centeredness, what are the acceptable thresholds of self-centeredness in this modern day, because it seems that most are working jobs that generally benefit people, but it is ultimately for the benefit of themselves, thus to earn money to buy necessities and luxuries. Many of these things, specifically the luxuries, could very well be considered the epitome of selfishness and self-centeredness.

Therein, the idea that perceiving a level of profundity in the wake of something seemingly improbable, and personal, as wrong, and furthermore, as a disrespect to the cosmos, seems a bit foreign to me, but hey, I'm not you....

Or am I?

Good words friend.

In my opinion, when one thinks the world bends to his own will and that he possesses superpowers, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he is dangerously deceiving himself. When he takes it further, and chooses to dogmatically express his convictions by asking for opinions on the matter, then immediately claims that all opposite opinions are held only by those unable to experience what he calls super powers, is to me simple self-centredness. He merely wants people to fall in line behind him and pat him on the back, not to hear anything that may damage his vanity.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrift

I experience weird coincidences all the time. I just refuse to put so much unneeded profundity on something so trivial. The universe doesn't bend to our will. I don't see how anyone can deceive themselves to believe otherwise.

The universe doesn't bend to one's will.
But in a moment of complete self-observation, one is able to see there is no boundary between the inner world and the outer. When one is reminded of this, we call it synchronicity.

I thought it was reality. Why must we give it a fancy name and further mystify it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I thought it was reality. Why must we give it a fancy name and further mystify it?

Very True, Agreed.

Although we don't write the script, we just try read it. The better the language, the easier to explain.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Play the lottery. If you lose then you don't have super powers.
edit on 7-8-2012 by fripw because: oops

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
With all due respect,
I get there are people that don't get it, like the OP stated we aren't trying to get anyone to believe anything. We are just looking for answers and wanting to discuss the new/strange things that are happening.

Can we please try to get this thread back on track?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You are definitely not alone on this one. Others have already shared similar stories and as I have not experienced the same green light situation as you, I have experienced the lights flashing when I pass through them. This is my first comment on ATS and I have finally decided to say something because I experience the same types of things every day as well. With our mind and connection to the earth and universe, we can do so much. Including making it rain or clearing out a cloud cover over your head. It drains out your energy but that's because it's being transferred somewhere else to make some kind of difference. Imagine as a whole how much we could change, with more than one mind......more than one energies. A lot of people are experiencing this type of stuff more recently because of a global change in humanity. It just seems to be moving slow because we are just now realizing it and our concept of time is way off.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey ATS ive been here awhile mainly just creepin and I too sir have been feeling this connection, with people and life around me as well animals especially its very rare to come across an animal that doesn't pee with excitement when i come around. Is this a connection with animals or is this me being conceded thinking all animals like me?

Ok lets jump into this time consists of the past present and future. In terms of time the future does exist, so everything is already planned out as to what will happen, its just how you ride the wave of time with our free will to arrive at our expected destination. I think noticing the inevitable road is what this connection is. because as you know we are all connected.

-I was sitting at a redlight and desided to change the radio station even thought the song that was on was one that I liked. The station I turned it to was playing a song I had never heard before and a line in the song said"and then I hit the curb". And not 5 seconds later a car turning at the intersection was going too fast and slamed into the curb.

What are the chances that that person driving was listening to that song about the curb and coincidentally hit the curb. I bet he was and i bet he said "what a coincidence" and then "F#snip#K" lol and you just so happen to tune into his situation and witnessed a terrible coincidence. oops thats right there or no terrible coincidences. everything happens for a reason and without that perosn hitting the curb this circumstance wouldnt have been able to be used as a reference.

what a coincidence that these sync situation happen to you on the road and especially red lights. personnally i have always tried to perfect this connection by trying to guess or force the light to turn green. Fairly high success rate btw its a fun game to play with yourself cause the plus side is the better you get at it the sooner you get to point B

i want to relate this connection to ATS because i believe the truth that comes from this website aswell as the skepticism is a very powerful emotion that we deal with when trying to understand the topic, and when this topic is introduced to fellow (enlightened minds) a similar emotion is created within that individual. this creates a connection of similar emotions. By creating similar emotions with enlightened souls we are more likely to build a psychic connection, so i think ATS is a great tool for training that (lets call it 6 sense) with similar minds.

You may have noticed some people you dont connect well with, and some people you wonder why they have eluded you for so long. this is that connection just stronger with others. you may not know the person but your minds are in sync.

We are all connected and that connection is to MOST impossible to see and to some its viewed as a coincidence and to a very few its seen as a step towards enlightenment.

Have you ever seen threads on ATS that said "guess what im thinking about". I like those ones and most likely in our life time we will be able to guess what that person is thinking about. why because im hoping that we will evolve. This evolution is more with the development of the mind and machines(internet, iPhone, etc...). i dont know how we will evolve but maybe the transfer of information will be easier for is to recieve and understand. i dont know, all i know is that machines and mankind now coexist and will always coexist so a evolution is inevitable.

Recently there was a thread about the "timewave zero" its beyond me still havent fully grasped the idea. but from what i got it correlates time with the conciousness of mankind with other human beings and how well we are connected. Appearantly we are to flat line on this concious connection on dec 21 2012 ( coincidence?)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Synchronicity is real. To say otherwise is simply to not yet understand. The term was coined by Carl Jung way back in whenever, he called it 'an acausal connecting principle.' Books like 'The Celestine Prophecy, helped to popularize the phenomenon. I consider them akin to a wink from the Universe. My advice for anyone going through heavy doses is to take note of them, consider what it may mean, how you feel at the time, how it relates to your circumstances, etc. and then let them go. Keep one foot on solid ground and don't let it freak you out too much. I haven't been the full way down the rabbit hole, if such a thing is possible, though i have had my share where it almost gets ridiculous like 'Ok! yes, i get it! you want me to see!' They can serve as guideposts of sorts.

I think it is a futile effort to explain it to someone else who has not experienced it, because it sounds kind of absurd for one thing, and if they are not even open to the possibility then why is it your or my job to convince anyone of anything. If however, they are truly open to the possibility, then there is a good likelihood they will begin experiencing it for themselves. I have seen it happen before, in dramatic ways. It's like an awareness of the interconnectivity between everyone, and everything. It also makes you realize that there is some intelligence in the Universe itself, of which we are all apart. Doesn't really sound self centered to me.

"The nature of God is a circle of which the center is everywhere and the circumference is nowhere." -Empedocles.

Call it God, the Universe, the Tao, life, nature, whatever. It's pretty amazing sometimes, whatever it is.

Peace. ~

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow really nice to hear other people experience that kind of stuff, too. I thought I was going a lil crazy here.
Been happening to me since I can remember. The most noteable "coincidences" I had in my life:

- I walked out of my friends house at night I was thinking about alien life forms and UFO's, when all of a sudden I see people coming out of their houses and starring up in the sky. Following thing happened:

CAELESTIA Seven unidentified lights over Rammstein

First I was in some kind of dreamy state not realizing if I'm imagening things. Really weird feeling. True story.

- Driving in the car with my girlfriend, listening to the radio while having a discussion about bikes. I said something like: "...I don't like the tires they make..." and the moment I said the word "tire" the radio announcer said it simultaneous with me while reporting an accident about some car loosing its tire, proving a saftey hazard. My gf and me looked at eachother strangely.

- Once i was shopping groceries I picked up like 10 items and it came out to a total of 9.83€, I wasn't planing on paying with cash (I didn't think I had enough on me) but nonetheless I looked inside my wallet, started counting since there was no line behind me, and had EXACTLY 9.83€ with me. All in coins, up to the very last cent. And that even without me having the slightest clue of the amount inside my wallet nor the bill. Pure coincidence.
Kept the receipe

- When I was a teenager my mom and I had a deja vu moment at the same time in the same place. We we're sitting in a restaurant enjoing a meal when all of a sudden we both stopped, looked at eachother, then looked around like we're expecting something to happen.
My mom: "I just had this weird f..."
Me: "I just had a deja vu"

- Whats also intersting what tends to happen to me a lot is time prediction. It feels like I'm capable of telling a person the exact time before looking at my watch. First it just started with hours. For example a stranger asks me what time it is, I tell him it's past 5, look at my watch and it's 5:12. And I wasn't basing it on information I knew beforehand, I don't pay attention to the time much, it was simple guessing.
Then I got better and could tell a person the exact time to the minute without looking at the clock AT LEAST 2 hours ahead. Of course I didn't get it right everytime, in fact sometimes I totally failed in some cases and people asked me if I'm high when I said its 3:43pm, look at the clock, and its acctualy 5:12pm. So I can't predict it perfect, but 8/10 I get it right. (A friend and me acctualy did an experiment where we wrote down the results)

One excellent example just happened last weekend, when I was on a friends birthdayparty. I wasnt paying attention to time for at least 4-5 hours, dancing, drinking, partying. Then my buddy comes up to me and asks me what time it is, he has to catch a bus. I start lifting my arm to look at my watch, but before I even got a glimpse at it, i said "its around 19:53". I look, and holy hell, I had to look twice! It was exactly 19:53! He left and I just stood there for a moment and asked myself what I just did.

Wonders oh wonders

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I will share one i had on Saturday..? Idk, one day this last weekend anyways.

I was outside with my laptop having a smoke, listening to 'Fake Plastic Trees' by Radiohead. I got up and the *instant* the line 'green plastic watering can' came on, i was pointing my computer at the ground for light to see where i was walking, i saw a green plastic watering can right at my feet. Sure, could be just an unlikely coincidence, but by my math if these 'unlikely coincidences' happen with great regularity, then you have to realize that the mathematical chances of them being simply coincidental begins to become a really unreasonable and untenable hypothesis.

I guess the Universe will get any given person's attention when the time is right. I am ok with people calling me crazy or a liar. Doesn't change the reality of the situation.

I am all for skepticism too btw, for example i saw another green plastic watering can on a table today at work. Perhaps green plastic watering cans are fairly common, thus it is slightly less of a coincidence. However, i rarely listen to Radiohead anymore, and it has been probably years since i've purposefully listened to that particular song.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

This has been happening to me for years and has been getting more frequent and intense in the past year. I even get flashes like just a split second snapshot of things happening right before they happen, insignificant stuff. For instance I saw the lighter I was handing my girlfriend falling from my hand right before I dropped it. Also just thinking of some uncommon object or item then within the following day coming across the item when I hadn't seen one in years. Even with new stuff. I've termed it the universal conversation. Kinda like the universal consciousness having an ongoing conversation with our individual consciousness. I like it, Makes me that much more sure there's more to this existence than we have begun to fathom. I hope it contiues to grow in me and spread amongst others there is no telling what may become possible.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't think is all entirely coincidences or supernatural powers, but more like a state of being "hyper-sensitive" to your subconscious thoughts. Kind of like being a "sponge" that picks-up, well... maybe frequencies?

It has been happening to me for the past couple of years or so.

To give you a somewhat funny example. Recently, I was at the local supermarket with a friend and he took notice of an obese gentleman buying 2 bags of java beans and whispers to me "That's the last thing that guy should be buying, I sure as hell don't want to get stuck in an elevator with him". Feeling bad for the poor guy, I scolded my friend and asked him "Didn't they teach you not to make fun of others? -- maybe the man is trying to improve his nutrition as part of a new diet or maybe that is all he can afford to fill his hunger".

I quickly forgot about the incident and kept shopping. While standing in line to pay, I kinda of felt a bowel movement and discreetly let some gas pass. Well, it turned out to be a "wet" one and it showed right though my light colored pants. You can imagine how embarrassed I felt walking out of the supermarket like a cowboy who just dismounted his horse, not to mention the smell trail I was leaving behind!

Instantly, I though "How come this happened to me and not to my friend who made fun of the obese guy?"

This is where my hyper-sensitivity theory comes into play. Perhaps this was meant to have happened to the poor obese guy, but instead it happened to me as maybe I could deal with it better than the other guy or even my friend. I "sponged" an event off somebody into my subconscious and changed the intended target.

This just happened to be a funny one worth mentioning although many more instances like these have occurred to me. Unfortunately, it's never been for the best of my luck.

Also be aware that when a person is anxious or feeling frustrated in their life, we tend to look for symbols that we can interpret as coming changes for the better in our life. There is probably so much more to understanding the power of our minds than all of the space missions put together by mankind.

I can pretty much attest to the fact that everything is perceived dependent upon your state of mind at the moment.

For good practice, write down how you feel about a problem you are having today and go back to it in a couple of weeks to compare how you now feel about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I wonder what happens when you and your wife end up having a BIG fight, if she's off to her mothers for 3 days, after a 'little' fight

-The other night the wife and I were having a little fight and I went to the hareware store with a friend. I told him, that its probably best if my wife goes to stay with her mother for a few days. I get back to the house and the first thing my wife says is, so do you think it would be best for me to stay at my moms, for a few days? (note: we rarely fight and have NEVER spoke about her ever staying at her mothers house)

edit on 8-8-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonDe
reply to post by LoveisanArt

wonderfully written

Thank you

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Its funny how people keep blabbling on "what this could be" or whatever.. when I gave all of you the true answer that you seek on page 3. People on this site always elude my posts.. when you are spiritually attuned within yourself, with most things around you, and oyu vibrate on a higher frequency, synchronicity becomes first nature to you. Understand WHAT reality is, and you can understand these "synchronicities" within your physical realm, and the other dimensions one might be on.

~ *Copy paste from page 3* ~

Your mind and heart is working in sync. This is the natural way of the human being to operate on. Telepathy is communicating through thought patterns and wavelengths. When one focuses on the mind as way to communicate, which is communcating through wavelengths (thought, sound, radio, light.. are all different wavelengths), one will increase their ability of telepathy which is thoughts in terms of wavelengths.

As beings of a very large and may I say "magical" creation, our minds in the third dimension were made for purpose. Human kind were not ment to speak a language, rather communicate naturually to the outside and inner worlds through telepathy (wavepatterns, thought). Animals and plants, oceans and mountains.. all communicate through telepathy (thought patterns).

The worst thing to happen to human kind in the history of their creation was being taught language, which divided each race, as each races had their own terms of vocal communication, thus losing their natural ability (more like "forgetting) to communicate through thought patterns with eachother and the other races. There are quotes from the Bible that can render what I am saying to you. I am not Christian or religeous man.. I am Spiritual, my knowledge comes from self research, meditation, and inner guidence.
Language was given to man, to seperate and divide human kind.
Thus, not allowing that natural connection to the World and cosmos in which they are always connected too. A simple example of what I mean here; anyone with a cat, if you think to your cat or call your cat in your mind, have you noticed it will come running to you or "pop" up? This is because your thought patterns were picked up by your beloved animal, cats are very intuitive and psychic animals..

Science already shows that thoughts are forms of wavelengths, you can literally mesaure a thought through its frequency.. the entire creation is formed through wavelengths to the smallest sub particles (photons, light waves). There was a beautiful documentary called "the secrets of plants". This documentary showed how plants have awareness and give off a frequency as if they were thinking. If you havent seen it, I deffinately recommend doing so, as your outlook on plants will change, and You will understand that all things have a level of awareness.

So basically OP, you are connecting with your naturual self, increasing your natural communication ability of telepathy, which again, is thought patterns. For example; your focus of thought to the slow lady in the car in front of you, who would not turn... your thought waves were sending out "HURRY TURN"... seconds after she turned and crashed, which truely was your fault as if you would of been more gentle in terms of your thought patterns, she would of turned at the appropiate time.

Humans in this day and age are so lost as to their natural BEING. They look at everything in creation, everything they perceive with they're 5 sense, as dense and solid, liquid or gas... when in fact everything is wavelengths and frequencies!! Even thoughts! The hardest substances on the planet are tiny vibrating particles at a sub atomic level. These particles make up creation, and YES, can be manipulated through wavelengths, thought patterns
..(thats for another thread)

So one can now understand how "reality" works. Everything communicates and operates through wavelengths and different levels of frequencies. Plants, insects, animals, mountains, oceans, fire, air, clouds, grass, humans.. everything in creation has a level of awareness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those interested on understanding SELF and awareness, and reality better, I will post a couple videos which may help the average mind expand a little. This is not a rude comment, I am just bringing truth to you, its your choice to accept it

(Here is the documentary, a rare film, but thank goodness I found it on youtube last month through synchronicity
)
The Secret Life of Plants

(One of my personal favorites, this video influenced me to think outside the wave patterns of society, and expand my consciousness)
Kymatica

Esoteric Agenda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe Ill start my own thread

~ Love is an art

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join