It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super powers or incredible coincidences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

wonderfully written

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It does not happen as intensely for me as you seem to describe, but I have been living beside the underlying layers of the Genetic, Collective, and Universal Unconscious for sometime and am more used to it, I suppose. The way it mainly surfaces for me is through conversations with others in real life. I tend to voice what people are thinking of saying to me in response or point out something to me before they even form the words. It's more or less a more conscious awareness of the submersed unconscious centers of mind. From what I can ascertain, every person lives with five layers of the mind. First is the General Consciousness, then the General Unconscious, which is what you constitute as "yourself." The rest are like a silent wireless networking system, which starts at the Genetic Unconscious, which is mainly genetic history of yourself and countless other species that led up to you being who you are (it was when I contacted this portion of the mind and experienced the "Archive" firsthand that I realized the truth of evolution --- as a warning DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO TO THE "ARCHIVE" IT WILL LEAVE YOU PERMANENTLY DAMAGED, especially if you are not prepared to be washed in the RAW information concerning how our species has lived and survived for thousands of years, including fantasy, and THERE IS NO FICTION OR NON-FICTION SECTION TO THIS MASSIVE "LIBRARY." That is to say, you cannot distinguish what was a factual event and what was just the imagination of a collective society, such as much of what religion is, that assisted in its survival.) Anyhow, after the Genetic Unconscious, you touch on where this wireless system actually connects to everything we consider "alive" or the Collective Unconscious (not Jung's Collective Unconscious -- that is the Genetic Unconscious, the portion of the mind that is inherited, including the manifestation of the archetypes and the cruel and carnal Primal Mind.) Then further on, we touch the Universal Unconscious -- very peaceful and dwelling in utter awe and fascination for itself, which is the collective consciousness of the totality of the universe, every particle, etc. into one thing. All this is my personal analysis of how the mind operates, and I do not know much about psychology really. I did want to do a video about it. I have the transcript nearly finished -- I just need to record it and stuff. Right now I am backed up with about 10 video ideas that need to be done. I just suffer from desire and motivation issues is all...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A glitch in the matrix!

There's cracks appearing I tell ya.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Spiritual Gifts are Real in people. Either from God, or Satanic. Has to be one or the other.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

You're post made me smile, specifically the part about the street lights. A few years ago before I had my drivers license my best friend and I would walk around town and freak ourselves out with all the streetlights that would go out right when we were underneath. We would joke that there was an invisible man following us and turning them out. At the time I was never brave enough to admit that for the amount of lights that did this, it couldn't possibly be a coincidence.
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

I think I may have accessed this "archive". It was in Feb. 2012. What had happened was my younger sister and I were outside having a smoke, casually talking about the state of the world. When seemingly out of no where it was like a dam broke in my mind, suddenly my head was full of more information than I thought possible. Unfortunately my brain was not discriminatory during this and I had no choice of what was coming in or going out. I would say it only lasted for 15-20 seconds but if felt like a lifetime. When I finally came back from wherever I had gone I looked at my sister and could see that she was shaking just like I was. From the look on her face I knew that she just experienced the same so I said "You Felt That Too Didn't You?", she just nodded. In spite of my fear and panic I wanted to talk to her about what had just happened to us, you know talk it out and maybe get some answers. Unfortunately it freaked her out to bad and still to this day she refuses to talk about it with me. I am very very close to my sister and we talk and share everything, I know it's hard to explain but it surprises and scares me that she won't talk to me about this. So much flashed through my head those few fleeting moments, I find it hard to pick specific images or events. What stuck with me most was the 'feel' of the whole event.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can only say that what the OP is describing is 100% true and happens to me aswell.

Debating over if it is actually occuring or just coincidences is perhaps something Jung could answer.

For me, the real question is

What does it mean??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

It is very possible. While I had a prolonged exposure of nearly an entire night wasted immersed in the "Archive" a few seconds of brushing through its contents can be fairly damaging too. It's just too much to handle. I didn't go there purposely, but had held some fascination on the subject so it may have happened subconsciously, due to some people claiming they were "old souls" saying they could go to some "Archive" and back with no problems at all. I am skeptical of their claims. Whether an "old soul" or not, the first encounter is terrifying in any incarnation, and if these people are going to a literal "Library" that they envision as books and whatnot they are just going somewhere unrelated. The "Archive" is not like a library full of books, but a well brimming with experiences.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Will you not mention the millions of times you've been wondering something and people didn't answer? Not likely.

Will you mention the times you went to the store and had to pay full price for cigs? Not likely.

What about the time you wished for burgers and got macaroni? I would probably not hear about it.

The traffic lights work out in your favour one time. What about the others?

It's a romantic idea to think one could have super powers. Obviously everyone wants them. But to think this is actually the case is not only wishful thinking, but delusion. If there's no consistency in your fortune, how could it not be coincidence?

edit on 7-8-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Those things happen to me as well, and have my entire life. It's not an every day thing though, but it does happen frequently. When it does, and it's possible, I immediately go and purchase a lottery ticket hoping that I am still riding whatever the wave of conciousness is. Call me crazy but I am serious, I really do that. Maybe one day I will get lucky. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The best and worst thing of all of this, if you aren't experiencing or wanting to believe then nothing anyone says about their experiences, thoughts or feelings will hold any stock with you. I wish there was a better phrase than "non-believer" because that's not what anyone who doesn't agree with this is. All I do when I see the replies to the OP that are flaming, condescending or what have you is sigh and think that eventually the connections will be made and everyone will "understand'. I believe that everyone on the planet is going through the same changes that everyone here who was brave enough to talk about it. Some people see, some people don't. It's not my position to judge anyone for their beliefs. Everyone is right, and everyone is wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Personally, I'm not claiming that events do go in my favor -- in fact most things seem to be working AGAINST me most of the time... but I understand considering who my visions tell me I am and my history... However, I can voice people's responses and thoughts before they mention it, and it freaks them out. Some people think its cool. But I cannot forcibly "read" anyone because it all comes natural -- and if I can do a "reading" for you, it's because I can actually feel you in some way or I feel some connection to your spirit -- and I can't do it over phones or over the internet, it has to be LIVE. My abilities are mainly subconscious and they flow naturally.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Out of curiosity, why do you feel safe in being so nasty and condescending to another human being just because your identity is hidden by a computer? Would you have said the exact same thing to this guy if you were speaking face to face? I don't think so. Are you so bored with your own life you take it out on people you don't even know? Do you know how to feel shame for the superior tone you use?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by lacrimosa

Out of curiosity, why do you feel safe in being so nasty and condescending to another human being just because your identity is hidden by a computer? Would you have said the exact same thing to this guy if you were speaking face to face? I don't think so. Are you so bored with your own life you take it out on people you don't even know? Do you know how to feel shame for the superior tone you use?

I hope you realize you're doing the same thing. No one is anyone's moral superior.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I made no statement of facts about the individual who did make statements of fact about the OP.

Another major difference is: in a room filled with real human beings I would have still said this to that person face to face.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Here's a post I just made with highly relevant subject matter:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Fair enough. As long as you know how to feel shame for the superior tone you use.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is trippy stuff when it's new. However, pay it no new or special attention. Just understand it as part of the package of information arising along with scents, sights, sounds etc.

Have you noticed that your thoughts are more noticed by you? Like they are automatic and not spawned by you?
Observing your own inner thoughts from an objective/third-person-like perspective?

If so, pretty soon you won't notice coincidences as you grow your awareness well beyond them.
Give them no power, just appreciate them or the "heads up" from your higher awareness. It's a spiritual poke on the shoulder.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
This is trippy stuff when it's new. However, pay it no new or special attention. Just understand it as part of the package of information arising along with scents, sights, sounds etc.

Have you noticed that your thoughts are more noticed by you? Like they are automatic and not spawned by you?
Observing your own inner thoughts from an objective/third-person-like perspective?

If so, pretty soon you won't notice coincidences as you grow your awareness well beyond them.
Give them no power, just appreciate them or the "heads up" from your higher awareness. It's a spiritual poke on the shoulder.

After reading Eckhart Tolle's books, I truely have a different outlook on life. And one of the things it has shown me is how to observe myself. But in more exact words the books have shown me how to objectivly view my ego. It's pretty wild stuff when you really start implementing it into your own life.

And yes, it has started to just become "me". Like I said before, its happened all my life but recently I have given notice to the rise in frequency of the events. I almost smile right before it happens because I know its about to happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Fair enough. As long as you know how to feel shame for the superior tone you use.

Fear is that little dark room where negativity is developed. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I said in an earlier post, that I in no way think Im special or have super powers. And your right. You wont see me making a thread about all the times I wanted something to go my way and it didnt. Thats what the 'rant' forum is for.

Seeing as you felt strongly enough about it to post a lengthy reply pointing out how it all HAS to be coiencidence, then i guess you didn't get what my first sentence of the thread meant. If you think what Im talking about is just coiencidence then you havn't experienced what myself and many others have. I know you havn't, because if you have, then you would be right along side all the others, telling of your expeiences of "knowing'

~peace~

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join