It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA links climate change, extreme weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well this shouldn't be surprising by now. They say the chance of all these extreme weather events happening by chance is tiny. Too bad so many people will suffer from our actions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

NASA scientist links climate change, extreme weather

(CNN) -- What do the 2010 heat wave in Russia, last year's Texas drought, and the 2003 heat wave in Europe have in common?

All are examples of extreme weather caused by climate change, according to a new study from NASA scientist James Hansen.

"This is not a climate model or a prediction but actual observations of weather events and temperatures that have happened," he wrote in a Washington Post opinion piece meant to accompany the study.

"Our analysis shows that it is no longer enough to say that global warming will increase the likelihood of extreme weather and to repeat the caveat that no individual weather event can be directly linked to climate change. To the contrary, our analysis shows that, for the extreme hot weather of the recent past, there is virtually no explanation other than climate change."

The study, which was published by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, looks at the past six decades of global temperatures and finds what Hansen described as a "stunning" rise in the frequency of extremely hot summers.

It compared what is happening now to what was happening between 1951-1980. In those years, extremely hot temperatures covered less than 0.2% of the planet. Now, those temperatures cover about 10% of the land area, the study said.

It dismissed the idea that specific weather patterns are by themselves sufficient to explain today's extreme anomalies. Phenomena like La Nina have always been around, but large areas of extreme warming have only come about with climate change, the study said.

"The odds that natural variability created these extremes are minuscule, vanishingly small. To count on those odds would be like quitting your job and playing the lottery every morning to pay the bills," wrote Hansen.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

....SO ... I suppose every major drought in history can be linked to "climate change" (once known as global warming)?

When ever I hear the weather man or some other idiot say "highest temps since 1901 .. must be climate change aka global warming" I have to think ... why wasn't it global warming back in 1901?

So this drought is considered nearly as a bad as the 'Dustbowl" which .. must mean global warming was to blame for the Dustbowl?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The weather is exactly like its been for my whole life. The only that that's changed is the extreme exaggeration, sycophantic mass media and fear mongering.
edit on 5-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
The weather is exactly like its been for me my whole life. The onl that that's changed is the extreme exaggeration, sycophantic mass media and fear mongering.

I'll repeat that because its true.

The weather is exactly like its been for me my whole life. The only that that's changed is the extreme exaggeration, sycophantic mass media and fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The weather is exactly like its been for me my whole life. The onl that that's changed is the extreme exaggeration, sycophantic mass media and fear mongering.

I'd like to live where you're living! My weather has definitely NOT been the same my whole life. Infact its been at extremes the last 1-2 years that I've never experienced.

Also, I'm not sure how you can say its been the same when there are websites and data all over the net showing thousands of records being broken just last month.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

I'd like to live where you're living! My weather has definitely NOT been the same my whole life. Infact its been at extremes the last 1-2 years that I've never experienced.

Also, I'm not sure how you can say its been the same when there are websites and data all over the net showing thousands of records being broken just last month.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

Every year athletes brake records.
Thats what happens when you start keeping records. We've been keeping records about the weather for such a short time compared to the age of the earth that we'll see lots more being broken, and its nothing to do with the fake global warming conspiracy, its because we're keeping records.

edit on 5-8-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Climate Change=Agenda 21 & Carbon Tax!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Dateline: 2020

...and in other News, NASA has finally established clear links between Earth's past climate cycles and current weather seen today. Further research is still said to be required for connections to the ball of fire seen roughly half the day, world wide.

(busy news room sounds and teletypes)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I believe this is nothing we as a race have witnessed before.
I believe that we are moving into that highly charged cloud in space and this is the reason for all the mountain hidey holes they can't seem to build fast enough with our money.

I believe that we as the public are not and will not be invited to live under tons of rock and emerge to see the light of day again.....
These comments above are strictly my hypothetical beliefs.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

so very true,and here in oz our gov just gave the people the carbon tax, when we dont even produce 1% of the worlds carbon pollution, but no our prime minister (gillard the lizard) had to rape the people once again.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So what are the weather variations between 17560 years ago and 17580 years ago. Maybe it was a little hotter maybe it wasn't.

The earth is all ways in a consistent state of change, With out change all living life forms would have no need to adapt and evolve.

What constitutes as an END to an ice age, Once all the ice has melted..?

Regardless, how do we as humans expect nature to absorb all natural created co2 when we have caused so much devastating damage to the forests and oceans to begin with.

so basic maths
minus all logging "earths lungs"
plus natural Co2
equals planet all ready struggling with absorption due to the impact of logging creating a natural co2 build up.

add to an all ready stressed eco system human co2 outputs. bigger build up of co2. and possible climatic changes

current Climatic changes could be just a part of the earths cycle. and by putting all our eggs in the one basket is making the people at the top blind to all possible other causes and are ready to blame the first ting that they think is right.

Solutions to the co2 build up is extremely simple it is called revegetation on mass scale.

Climatic changes could be just a part of the earths cycle. we really have no idea.

Is what is needed is a global plant a tree day twice a year. 14billion trees planted every year would be a grand start to try and make our environment stable for conditions needed for the continual survival of the human race.

Even if we did somehow manage to plant 14billion trees every year we still have no idea if the current changes would slow down or even change. After all there could be other factors the people at the top are blind to

edit on 5-8-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OMG! they Finally say it.
it must be very bad.

In England the people are turning into mermaids.
So much rain and flooding.
we uset to get it one time a year. and not often.
and other counties with high death tolls.
I am sorry for them.

in hot and dry counties
you should have more salt.
but we are Made to eat as little as possible.
ask a soldier about salt tablets?

sorry that last part is about america and how hot it is.

edit on 5-8-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Don't you own a salt shaker? They can tell you salt is bad for you and take it out of your prepared foods but the salt shaker is still there for those who can see through it

This change in the weather can be found throughout history of the world. All we did with our carbon emissions and neglect was to escalate it a thousand years too early. Don't worry, this should trigger an ice age within five years after it peaks, about the same time we run out of fossil fuels and trees........

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
give me a break..
co2 really? ok..yea..uh-huh..sure..right on..they should buy that...an haarp is in the clear on this one right?
sounds good..raise there taxes on everything and make some more up so we can raise them 2..that'll teach them for looking to close to what we do..those that believe will pay thru the nose..and those that dont..well they wont be around long enough to really effect us anyways right? i mean we are still going to go thru with flase flags and depopulation yea? im sorry did i say that outloud?..

new topics

top topics

join