It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevlar Tires Now Required to Traverse ‘Spear-Like’ GMO Crops!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to the original article with an audio clip

i.autoblog.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If these crops are spear like and they are so sharp that farmers need to use kevlar tires (which I didnt know existed)
what are these crops doing to the insides of a person after ingesting them??

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xavier85

Originally posted by yourmaker
dumb question I know but why aren't we all growing our own natural foods across our cities and rural areas?

we would all be self-sufficient if thats what they taught us at school.

That is considered a crime here in Chicago. It is a code violation and is frowned upon by local law enforcement. They will go out of their way to fine / harass you.

Hmm, all my relatives in the city have gardens. I live in the burbs, and I have gardens ln both sides of the house and in the backyard.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by Nspekta

If these crops are spear like and they are so sharp that farmers need to use kevlar tires (which I didnt know existed)
what are these crops doing to the insides of a person after ingesting them??

The stalks aren't the edible part, but most likely the GMO crops are leading to autoimmune disorders and genetic damage.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What a surprise. Corn which better withstands wind has stronger stalks.

"Four or five years ago, a 40-mph wind storm would lay over a mature corn crop," says Skip Sagar, sales representative, Titan Tire. "Today, a 40-mph wind doesn't seem to have any effect on the plant. That's good for the producer, but the new hybrid stalks can also do more damage to a tire."

What a surprise. Stalks are being cut shorter now which means it doesn't get flattened as easily.

There's also been a significant change at harvest. Stubble that was once cut nearly a foot high is now cut much lower to the ground. Growers may harvest more crop but they're leaving shorter tire-damaging stubble in the field. "When the stubble was cut higher, a tire would be able to knock it down while it was rolling through the field," Sagar says. "The shorter more durable stubble picks at the tire over and over, causing premature failures."

tractorlife.com...

So, if this corn had been "naturally" bred to have stronger stalks the situation would be exactly the same.

edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

dumb question I know but why aren't we all growing our own natural foods across our cities and rural areas?

That is considered a crime here in Chicago. It is a code violation and is frowned upon by local law enforcement. They will go out of their way to fine / harass you.

You guys should take a pocket full of seeds with you whenever you go out and spread them EVERYWHERE

What a great idea. Spread a little good natured chaos to improve our eating habits.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

very interesting about the tyres, But you made the remarks without actually finding out more information like, what crops the farmer was harvesting, Why had the farmers changed tyres when not changing the type of crop, instead using the GMO version had resulted in them needing to change tyre types.

For the argument about what are they doing to our insides if this is what they do to tyres, again little information given as to crop type, you generally eat the harvested material and not the remains after harvesting, as in you eat the wheat seeds and not the plant, but I still would prefer independent research into the safety of these abominations of nature.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Good thread! I am wondering though,.. Can we please create a thread (I can't yet as Im a noob) that addresses our collective concerns about Frankenfoods/crops and what we might do in order to put a stop to this madness also?

I just read this report on natural news,.. www.nationofchange.org...

If I found out I had tested positive for "BT toxins" I think I would maybe snap,... that's all I'm gonna say here.

Something has to be done, whether through legislation or tactical protests of some kind. This sh%$ is getting ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

The crop in question is BT Corn, as the genetic modification has strengthened the stocks to reduce wind damage among other things.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pagedisciple
reply to post by Nspekta

Good thread! I am wondering though,.. Can we please create a thread (I can't yet as Im a noob) that addresses our collective concerns about Frankenfoods/crops and what we might do

in order to put a stop to this madness also?

I just read this report on natural news,.. www.nationofchange.org...

If I found out I had tested positive for "BT toxins" I think I would maybe snap,... that's all I'm gonna say here.

Something has to be done, whether through legislation or tactical protests of some kind. This sh%$ is getting ridiculous.

Welcome to ATS :-) there already are TONS of threads concerning frankenfood and the evil corporations behind them. Do a quick search and/or click some of the links in my signature to get started! I would almost guarantee that you would test for BT toxins.. I'll try and find it, but i remember reading that upwards of 90% of Americans would test positive as BT corn is 65% if not more of the corn crop growing in the US.. Sad and wrong. They use the population as testing grounds for their products! And as of recently, Monsanto and others have been given legislation that will allow them to bypass the health and environmental checks to continue to grow untested GMO's and put out new ones without any safety or environmental studies! (its one of the links in my signature.. Check them out)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by niceguybob

Good luck with that.

Estimates place the percentage of GMO products in some staple foods to be greater that 80%.

This train is already well out of the station.

And even if you grow non-GMO crops chances are they will be cross pollinated potentially spoiling your crop and any heirloom seeds?
edit on 6-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add/sp

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you. I remember playing barefoot as a kid in a nearby corn field and the stalks were cut to the ground and stepping on a stalk that dug a nice round gash on my foot. I would imagine tires were not designed for this....I know they aren't because I built tires for a time between jobs.

I'm not seeing what the debate is on GMO crops as nearly all food crops (even the heirloom stuff) today started out with random mutation by gamma rays, x-rays, chemical mutagens . I do this at home with colcocine and flowering plants to double chromosomes,/make some plants fertile, better flowering, improve colors....or get something worse than the original plant and start over. Looks to me like the large companies just perfected the process instead waiting on random mutation.

edit on 6/8/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

But your masters don't want you to be self-sufficient... Some people tried to leave "civilization" and got arrested for the stupidest things... Remember even collection rain water is against the law in some places now... A farmer that gave away his extra milk that he didn't need to poor families instead of throwing it away got arrested and beaten near death...

Welcome to the establishment, your not a slave just a good citizen living the dream...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

The crop in question is BT Corn, as the genetic modification has strengthened the stocks to reduce wind damage among other things.

I didn't see corn in either article, the only time I found a reference to corn was the comment sections at the bottom of both articles.
So is one to assume it is about corn because of the comments? someone could have easily made a comment about wheat?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Not that it really matters but the blog (on which the article in the OP is based) makes it clear.

I'll take this opportunity to point out that (contrary to the OP) Kevlar tires are not exactly "Required to Traverse ‘Spear-Like’ GMO Crops!". It's sort of like saying that Kevlar belted radials are required to drive on asphalt. They aren't but you may not suffer as much tire damage if you use them.

So instead of tractor tires lasting the usual five to six years, they're getting chewed up after just one or two years.

www.autoblog.com...

edit on 8/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Originally posted by Nspekta

I didn't see corn in either article, the only time I found a reference to corn was the comment sections at the bottom of both articles.
So is one to assume it is about corn because of the comments? someone could have easily made a comment about wheat?

If you listen to the audio clip, it talks about it being GMO corn crops

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I am old school and I read both articles and didnt listen to the audio and not once was the term GMO corn used, I saw cotton mentioned, I saw corn mentioned, but both where in the comment section.
Whilst I am against GM crops, I prefer a little more fact to my editorials than a few generalizations and assumptions,
My apologies if it is obviously just corn we are talking about,
What I want to know now if it the stumps causing the problems, or shoots sprouting up from under the ground into the furrows

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

people around the world need to demand that gm foods are clearly labelled because right now they don't have to tell you when your eating gm foods so you can not choose to eat or not to eat this crap ,

im happy to see your post has had a better response from the last post ,keep up your good work my friend ,the more people become aware of Monsanto's dirty activity's the better

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

only if you do it as a private citizen. but if you guise it under sustainable development you will find this

Most Recent News (Sustainable Development)
Jul 25, 2012 Financial Measures Would Support Development of Bloomingdale Trail, Comer Youth Garden
Jul 25, 2012 Land Sale Will Support Public Park in Pullman
Jun 27, 2012 Enhancements Approved for Portage and Merrimac Parks
Jun 27, 2012 Land Transfer Will Complete Metamorphosis of Palmisano Park
May 9, 2012 TIF to Create Public Access, Amenities for New North Side Nature Preserve

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Thanks for the welcome & again, thank you for the information Nspekta. I was very sick internally earlier this year. I would wake up & barely have enough energy all day to do anything. My movements had been increasingly irregular over the previous year & building to abysmal right before this episode. I thought it was an internal systemic yeast infection or possibly candida, I later diagnosed an internal parasite possibly from work abroad.

But I've been trying to pay attention to what I eat for years & although out of starving & having it convenient, I HAVE eaten fast food occasionally. But watching what I eat especially more so now has led me to believe that not only is the parasitic thing having to be dealt with (naturally with cream of tartar powder over a few months rather than any liver killing meds I would get from most "doctors") but I've noticed that perhaps my body is not producing the enzymes to properly assimilate certain foods & I may now be sensitive to gluten. All of which sucks because I love a variety of foods.

If I found that my intestines had somehow become an internal factory for BT toxins & it was the major source of my malady,.. well if I could document it & find a great lawyer I would love to make a stink about it.

I remember when a chips-ahoy cookie just tasted great & it didn't give me heartburn, same for a coke or a number of things. Proponents of HFC will say there is no difference. I say horsepucky, the difference is easily taste-able & no contest as far as how one feels after consuming them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join