It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor jailed for home bible study

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

No, my point was building codes change like the weather. 99% of the houses are not up to the latest codes. And back in the day as you say men had liberty to do as they pleased with their privately owned property. We don't even have that anymore.

Building codes change when there is reason to change them.

I think you are very juvenile in your concept of Liberty.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The neighbors should have taken care of the pastor Salaman in the manner of Raul Rodreguiz with the old "stand your ground" defense.

oops didn't work out to well for Sr. Raul....he got 40yrs

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think it is time to have occupy Washington. I doubt that will happen though since most of congress is part of that group and they are known for passing the buck. Nothing will happen. The people it affects will sit at home or talk to friends on Sunday and complain about Democrats and Obama.

The people who should be mad and doing something about this are just going to sit around and watch it happen. They would rather complain about everything than do something constructive. Don't forget that Homeland Obscurity has already deemed Christians a terrorist group within America. These same people supported the government takeover of their own liberty joyfully while we bombed the people they hate.

What kills me is that these people will never admit their fault. They are proud to admit they will never apologize for their actions. They feel righteous in their judgement to bomb Iraq and most of the other countries in oil countries that are up for grabs by the biggest guns. Our government has used this group to initiate their own takeover of the world. This statement would be stuff of comic books 20 years ago, but now it is reality.

I can't stress enough that now is the time to get your stuff in order. Be prepared to become self sufficient and have a plan ready for your survival in a hostile environment led by authorities capable of thought policing. They will put any descent down before it is a problem. as long as you play their game and don't get out of line you will live until they deem you a liability. They have no health plan nor retirement plan and forget social security. They believe there are too many of you using their stuff.

So is religion part of the overall problem here or is it just too many people? We have Globalists trying to take over the entire world and remove 3/4 of the population. They play sides against each other, cause financial meltdowns, global conflicts, weather modifications/earthquakes? and who knows what else they have used without our knowledge.

Part of the problem is that people get caught up in their issues and miss the big picture. Christians are pissed at everyone, but they would love to see Jerusalem destroyed because that means they are right and Jesus will take them to heaven. Praise Jesus! Muslims think differently as do every other religion other that Christians. All religions believe they are right. They all have different bibles which are said to be written by God and flawless.

So while all the religions fight amongst themselves over trivial BS the globalist steal their countries and enslave them and they go willingly bickering the whole time with their apparent enemy. One day they wake up in a strange building with 200 people in it. There are fences outside at the edge of an enormous parking lot bordered by train tracks and empty rail cars. Muslims are imprisoned with Christians, Blacks, Greys, Gays, Methodists, Scientologists etc etc. None of them saw it coming though.

Why can't we just grow up and accept each other for who we are? Why all the hatred? Would it help if we eliminated one group? Two? What if we only had one group? Would that group split into subgroups that hate each other in a few years? Are we destined to hate each other forever>?

Probably.
edit on 5-8-2012 by onecraftydude because: spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I honestly think I am in some kind of Twilight Zone with some of these responses.

I swear - - you can be having an incredibly intelligent conversation with someone - - mention God - - they lose their brain. They lose all sense of logic reality.

This guy was a sneaky opportunist criminal.

God does not give anyone rights to break the law.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
wow

this is it, here it is people the persecution begins.

good find op

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0pinMind0o
wow

this is it, here it is people the persecution begins.

good find op

No one cries persecution more then Christians.

They seriously need to do some mirror work.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Right or wrong, we now have a family where a child is asking, "Why is daddy in jail?"

And the reply is, "He wanted to pray."

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Right or wrong, we now have a family where a child is asking, "Why is daddy in jail?"

No - - the answer is he's a criminal.

He was given every chance to do things right - - - and refused to.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Keep up the hate, Annee.

In the eyes of his children, he's in jail because he prayed.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Then whoever is replying to that kid is lying.
Thou shalt not bear false witness and all...
Do you approve of Christians lying to their children about what their daddy did to get himself arrested?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Keep up the hate, Annee.

Where is there hate in what I said?

I sure see delusion in yours.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Pages and Pages make for solid links lost. If everyone backing this nutcase is fully aware of the ongoing war he's been having with his neighbors since 2007 and his history of lawsuits back and forth during that period of time, I'm wondering why the support is there. If not, this site has dozens and dozens of sourced and cited pieces of information on the whole sorted mess.

All the background and solid data one could ask for

I am totally shocked about Fox. I don't even recognize the story by the way they tell it right now and I literally did check addresses and names carefully earlier to be SURE there weren't two of these guys because Fox is portraying someone so totally different than the FACTS and the stories which have been coming out of Phoenix for years about this, have supported.

I don't know why this story and why right now...Media finally decide to back a Religious guy running a church (80 people 2-3 times a week isn't a casual prayer meeting...it's a small church). Maybe the fact he IS causing so much trouble with everyone living around him is why.... It's odd.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Don't you guys know why building codes were started in the first place? Because a bunch of people were burnt alive in a clothing factory fire.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But he is not in jail because he wanted to pray..........

Someone inform the children plz

Why bring children into this? Oh yeahhh...to appeal to emotion.

Citing the interests of children can be used to justify why something should, or should not, be done. When used as a plea for pity, this appeal to emotion constitutes a potential logical fallacy.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

One person's rights end where another person's rights begin. That's liberty. I should not have a sayso what you do on your property anymore than you should have a sayso what goes on on mine.

For one thing, I live in a residential neighborhood which automatically guarantees me the right to not have commercial businesses entertaining large crowds on OUR STREET.

You can do whatever you want on your property as far as I care as soon as you figure out how to teleport them there. You keep forgetting that the RESIDENTIAL STREET all these people are driving up and down is my RESIDENTIAL STREET too. We have to share it. I am holding up my end. He is not holding up his end.

....and he is not paying property tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 6-8-2012 by nunyadammm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Pretty damn good thing this did not happen in the house next door on my nice quiet residential street. The damage would have been far greater and extended to people that pay property taxes that are higher in order to live away from such things in the first place

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Keep up the hate, Annee.

Actually you're the one spewing all the hate. Think we can't see it?

Try abusing my rights in my neighbor hood that I pay taxes to keep nice and you will see some real hate.
Don't tread on me applies here!!

"In jail because he prayed" what a crock.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

"In jail because he prayed" what a crock.

Thanks.

Hey - at least no one's thrown the: "He's not really Christian because he didn't act Christian" - - into the mix yet.

Unless I missed it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's a pity that there is nothing in the Constitution about the rights to peacefully assemble. . . . wait, what?

I'm so glad the government can now get the support of people to help them determine where, when and how people can worship.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yep...support of the people and their hate...oh wait it's not hate...where's the hate? You want to see hate? Move into their neighborhood and piss them off and they'll show you the hate...but there's no hate...where's the hate?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join