It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor jailed for home bible study

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks for the "JAB" Annee! I already fixed my error in contribution to the thread, said carry on and stuff... you can back off now. It's past midnight... it's too hot out for me to sleep & I'm grouchy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The guy used the law to his benefit (tax-exempt status) yet ignored the law when it wasn't to his benefit (building codes).

If he'd have NOT filed for tax exempt status, I'd have still supported him.

But now?

The guy acts and sounds like a politician.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by article

What does communism have to do with telling people what to think? Last time I checked that was authoritarianism.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Talk about taking away your right to freedom and choice, you people have it hard in the US alright, mind you, it will come to New Zealand soon enough I suspect

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by Annee

After that I reported cracks and raised cement in the sidewalk in front of their house. Told the person who was taking my report that my child was skating and tripped over the raised sidewalk - - which could have resulted in serious injury. Fact is - - I knew they were growing stuff in their greenhouse that was not legal.

So really thats a little underhanded and vindictive. Why not just tell the law about the illegal going's on in the greenhouse instead of trying to heal your wounded pride. 2 wrongs do not make a right. Glad your not my neighbor.

On topic, the so called pastor broke building codes . Seems fair that he goes to jail for breaking the law. Everyone has has to pay the price for non compliance.

Pride? LOL

You're really funny. These people knew I knew what was in their greenhouse. They knew it was a warning.

And we're not talking poor neighborhood. We're talking million dollar homes neighborhood. They had a lot to lose - - besides paying a bill from the city for sidewalk repair.

It was on topic - - in relation to neighbors complaining - - and the city acting on that complaint.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

I find it odd how every time something like this comes up a part of the book is simply ignored, submit
yourself to your chains as you claim to believe or simply do what is always done and ignore the parts that
are not convenient to the lies you must tell breaking yet another law your suppose to follow, here is a
funny one, if you are required to believe by faith as stated in your book, this simple question nullifies
the teachings, is god real? if you answer yes your technically telling a lie, because you dont know for
sure you must take it on faith that he does, if you answer no then you are denying your god and breaking
your rules yet again, why cant people just stop this lunacy, i find it so disheartening to read this complete
ignorance so often.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm curious. Anybody here know what MSM (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, FOX) besides FOX is reporting this?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by article

What does communism have to do with telling people what to think? Last time I checked that was authoritarianism.

Dictionary:

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
   [uh-thawr-i-tair-ee-uhn, uh-thor-] Show IPA

adjective
favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.

of or pertaining to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people.

exercising complete or almost complete control over the will of another or of others: an authoritarian parent.

com·mu·nism
   [kom-yuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

noun
a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.

( often initial capital letter ) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.

btw.. Communism is a form of authoritarian government. An Authoritarian regime will exercise some power over people's private lives, but they do not control everything. Annie, in my opinion, is a commie. She would like to control how others believe based on her own beliefs, much like a very large part of ATS.

edit on 6-8-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

No desert, I don't know.

Fancy meeting you here my friend. It's been a long time!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder from staff... Play nice folks. Debate is awesome. Name calling is not. This is the only warning on this subject we will be providing. Thanks.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Jen, Dahling, you haven't changed a bit! You look mahvelous!

When you get a chance, Lounge Noir is still open for business, and I recently said something there about your beautiful coastline.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join