It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Wow another anti Christian/Religeon thread, who woulda thought well i made it through the first line.you need to do your homework a little more before you post ANOTHER ANTI RELIGEOUS THREAD..lol

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Anyone, ANYONE who takes the writings of the bible literally has to have a serious word (or hundreds!) with themselves.
It's a guide on how to live, not a mandate.

Oh and btw, I'm not religious in any way, shape or form.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
From the New Testament

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

The important part of the about the above scripture is "Such were some of you." It doesn't matter the sin, a person can turn their life around and become a Christian.

This verse also acknowledges that among the unrighteous were some homosexuals. These people where also saved from their sin.

Most people have a pet sin that they like to attack and say those people are just so horrible and I am a much greater person than them since I don't do____________.

But the fact of the matter is, we have all fallen short, we have all sinned. There is still hope and salvation available to anyone.

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
ISLAM IS PEACE?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

You are assuming I learnt this from a Google search? Well, not so. In part I learnt it from the Christians that preyed on me whilst I was homeless, vulnerable and going through some mental health issues away from my home town, partly from a good documentary (that does in fact end up supporting Christians that don't take the scriptures out of context of history) and from being involved in human rights groups as wee as human rights groups specifically dealing with LGBT issues as my Mother is gay.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by StumpDrummer

Wow another anti Christian/Religeon thread, who woulda thought well i made it through the first line.you need to do your homework a little more before you post ANOTHER ANTI RELIGEOUS THREAD..lol

And perhaps if you had read the thread you would have realised that this is not an 'anti-religious' thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by sinthia

Your ignorance of Christianity is astonishing.

But the question I want you to answer is What has your anger at Christians got to do with conspiracies? Fair enough, you want to make a fool of yourself by highlighting your misunderstanding of freedom in Christ, but where does that fit in with conspiracy theory?

I'll field that one, if the intended target doesn't mind? First of all, personal insults are not allowed in ATS. How do you know that b14warrior did not research the Bible?
That being said, Christianity IS a conspiracy, the biggest, most sinister conspiracy of all time. How the Church Fathers, and their Hidden Hand, whatever that is, conspired to create a religion and brainwash the masses into joining and giving the Priests money in return for salvation. Many empty promises were made, many lies were told. Then the Church conspired to take over the known world, and they almost did just that. Putting to the sword, or burning at the stake took care of other religions, and those who opposed the Church. Today the Church has it's hooks in World Leaders, and uses it's power to make war on Nations that are not Christian.

There is your conspiracy, friend. Look no further that your Church.

Wow. Some peoples ignorance never ceases to amaze me. He didn't even call a name and you're already bitching, but yet this entire thread is just insulting Christians or anyone who believes in God.

So now the elites and world leaders are all Christians and/or run by Christians? Last time I checked there is a war against Christianity throughout almost the entire world and our politicians are on the front line, leading this war against Christianity!! How can you somebody spout so much bull# without being called out? Seriously. This thread is RIDICULOUS.

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by manna2

You are assuming I learnt this from a Google search? Well, not so. In part I learnt it from the Christians that preyed on me whilst I was homeless, vulnerable and going through some mental health issues away from my home town, partly from a good documentary (that does in fact end up supporting Christians that don't take the scriptures out of context of history) and from being involved in human rights groups as wee as human rights groups specifically dealing with LGBT issues as my Mother is gay.

This pretty much explains everything. Nothing more to see here, folks, carry on!
edit on 6-8-2012 by DriCo04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

This was already discussed several pages back. Page 3 I think.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's simple:

The only places in the Bible where Homosexuality is even alluded to is in the old testament, and I am not a Jew, so they don't apply to me any more than a book of Babylonian Goddess poetry applies to me.

Much later in the NT, a man who claimed to be the apostle Paul, and who lived decades after Christ, said some mean things about women, gays, and Jews. I am pretty sure he was a bully before his stroke on the road to Damascus. It is obvious he was one after.

Now -- in reading the Bible, specifically for the words of Jesus, I find no mention of any of it. Jesus was very concerned with hypocrites, useless people who pray in public and communicating his message that we should serve the poor and love each other more than we love ourselves. All good stuff, no disagreements.

But the OT and later NT? They mean nothing to me if I am trying to honor the words of Christ.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

We should all be careful of passing judgement or criticizing another mans beliefs.

Live,love,learn and let live.

I understand that some of us feel the need to shine the light on others, as to avoid that same spotlight!

But rather than look at the differences in others, look for the similarities, realize that we are all one.

This attitude just perpetuates division. Look inside yourself, what is wrong with you (inside)!

It's OK not to believe the same thing your neighbor does, but show him respect, and just maybe, you will learn something from him. Maybe he will respect you and your family's beliefs, and not ridicule you for your ideas and opinions!

Strange concept i know.....

But imagine a world that abides by these simple rules.

This is the world i want our children to live in.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by seeker1963

I am not a Christian, but I can tell you that your logic and insecurity of someones elses religion is extremely flawed!
Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!
The New Testament is for the Christians!

Not sure why you have to post against someones religious beliefs if you don't yourself agree with them, and if you do, you might want to make sure that your posting is accurate!
edit on 5-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: wording

Doesn't matter if it's old or new testament God's words are absolute. If only the new testament mattered then why is the old included in the bible?

As if the bible was gods words. It is inspired of spiritual knowledge but so are many other books that go to the core of understanding more directly. They are written by people who want to shape what god is in the mind of others. The only one that I read about is Jesus and there I even do not read all the books since some of the authors can not get over their own egos and are clearly not good spiritual teachers even if they have gone thru gnosis (and I do not think all of them where on an equeal level of understanding). Would you read a 2000 year old book about geography and think it was better than a geography book that could give you more detail and not so much what the author wanted to be reality?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You know, one needs to read and so understand the whole book. You can't pick & choose certain passages which suits you so you can call Christians "silly"

As The Creator started to create, He saw that flesh has flaws. In anger He destroyed flesh (not the spirits) and gave us another chance. But, as we know, we don't learn. Through the 1000's of years it went on & on & on, chance after chance & then He decided "You know what, I am gonna give part of Myself in flesh, so I may set all free for once and all from all oppression and sin" (Read some Apocrypha)

Now, if people will read and follow "the story" things will become simpler, but, no! Fine, you will still get stuck on many issues of The Word even if you follow and study it & that is where prayer/meditation comes in. To build your faith. Not 5 or 10 minutes of prayer, but deep meditation, where one can have and so experience a personal relationship with The Creator.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A few things wrong with this post.

1) Unnecessary personal commentary removed - Mod
2) The (health) laws referred to only apply to the Jews of that day
3) The New Testament also condemns homosexuality.
edit on 6-8-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!

Remember that Jesus was a Jew, and the Old Testament helped shape Jesus and the beliefs of his followers. Without an Old Testament, there would be no New Testament

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
[COLOR=GOLD]

The GREAT BOOK the BIBLE has been hijacked along with the other great books by power-seeking dictators YES.... --OP YOU KNOW THIS yet you assist the dark by linking misunderstood data to TRUTH in order to VALIDATE personal activities??-- STILL the POWER of the WORD makes it thru the IGNORANCE which is an important factor related to the teachings within the GREAT BOOKS. Common sense is requested and or needed to filter out the IMPOSTER FAKERS OF all TIME that have disrespected these great books which would of prevented IGNORANCE somewhat displayed within the agenda behind the OP and in possible global WARS today. Its observed this is an attack on a religion to VALIDATE somes SEXUAL PREFERENCES and activities. That will be an issue to be taken up with THE JUDGE over ALL.. That IS if the OP is taking a sneak move at religious ignorance/data to verify said sexual activities.. With that the FINAL EMBEDDED SIGNAL WITHIN THIS COMMENTER WILL BE:

1 WILL CAUSE A BACKFIRE IN SPECIES DEVELOPMENT OVERALL many of the other mentioned misunderstood quotes from WITHIN the VARIOUS GREAT BOOKS taken out of context posted within this thread are SCAPE GOATS FOR PERSONAL ACTIVITY.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
[/COLOR]

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
-No need for feelings to be upset and or caught it is what it is and I am not taking shots at anyones sexual preferences for what you do is only to be judged by the LORD over us ALL* not me or any.-

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I don't think he is attacking Christians, he is making a point to those Christians who like to attack others, quoting the bible as the abolute law and moral guide. A lot of what the OP quoted is in the Old Testamen but not all. A lot of of these same Christians who "bible beat" say, "Oh, well that is the old testament not the new testament and we follow the new testament."

1. Why is the old testament coupled with the old if itsn't relevent. I thought the bible was God's word? Isn't that the argument when reminded that the bible was written by man? "But it's God inspired." How convenient. Pick and choose your beliefs - these type of believers are the worst and most bigoted.

2. The new testament is also not kept at all by these type of people except for when it used to fuel their hatred. It does say in the book of Matthew that if a man looks at another woman and DESIRES after her, then he has already committed adultry in his heart. Jesus condemns that!

3. When the deciples ask Jesus what the most important commandment to follow, Jesus says: To love God above all others AND to love your neighbor as yourself --> THE GOLDEN RULE. It doesn't say love your neighbor as yourself accept for gays.

4. Where it does say about a man lying with a man, etc. That was a letter written by Peter not Jesus.

5. ALL of these things are recounted hundreds of years later!

My point: there is a reason why so many non-Christians get pissed off at Christians. It's because of those Christians (I know not all are this way) constantly JUDGE and CONDEMN other people, believing that (even though they can be the most hateful people in the world) will go to "heaven" because the say they are Christians. The OP didn’t even sound angry, just wanted to a make point. A point the we all, except for the blind, see. There is nothing about the OP that is illogical.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The bible was written by people in power to control the masses. Religion has always been political whether people want to believe it or not. All someone has to do is do a little research, a little reading and they would begin to see why they have been misled. I would bet most haven’t even read the bible itself.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I didn't understand a single word you posted. Can you tone down the accusation and dilute the self-righteousness a tad? Then resubmit and see if it's coherent?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Tiger5

Leviticus NEVER applied to all Jew much less modern Xtians as it is in the Old Testament.

Curious. I have had many bible thumpers tell me that the Bible is to be taken literally, to not take one sentence out, or add one either. Literal Truth, take it or leave it, believe it or go to Hell. Well, sorry, but you cannot have it both ways. Either follow it all, or follow it not.

Sir I would not call myself a Xtian. I just happen to know a lot more than the average bible thumper. I consider most Xtians to be "Churchians" and therefore completely ignorant of the Bible in terms of content and history!

If you wish to engage with me plese quote the previous and relevant sentence where I deliberately explained what a Levite was. perhap you could check wikipedia.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join