It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

it may be the same book, however the old testament was the old covenant with God and the new testament was the new covenant. the old testament laws have no bearing in today's life because Jesus has died for our sins. the old testament was necessary because God still wanted us to be able to come to heaven thus there are allot of strange rules, mostly pagan like rituals to follow Gods original laws such as the blood rite of circumcision. however divorce is still a sin, and it always will be. if your at the crossroads of divorce you should have never married in the first place.

Jumping up and attacking something you obviously know nothing about merely makes you ignorant. if you are going to go about this sort of random attack on a belief system then you might as well read and understand what your talking about.

good day sir.

p.s. (sorry if someone else already posted this i saw the op's post and had to say what i had to say.)

edit on 8/6/2012 by theinsolentfish because: added p.s.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

You can't honestly say that "NO CHRISTIAN" follows the rules set forth in the bible, save for if you knew every single Christian in the world and have observed their every action from birth on...otherwise you're making a sweeping generalization that you can't possibly prove.

edit on 6-8-2012 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Just an average ignorant atheist rant.

The sad and stupid thing is the question is relevant and real to most of the worlds population, sad that Christians havnt explained the truth to the world. The Gospel is lost to foolish people who claim Christianity but dont know how to teach it.
Typical atheists though, no idea what they are talking about, you would think understanding the issue would be beneficial to commenting on Christianity.
This post reflects the corrupt nature of those who judge Christianity without any knowledge of it..

Christians are not Jews. How hard is that to research or understand?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Constantly pointing out to Christians that they are wrong, is exactly the same as Christians saying homosexuals are wrong. By continually referring to Christians as "silly Christians" are you any better than those who refer to gay and lesbians by using homophobic slurs? Now granted the word silly doesn't carry quite the same stigma, it's still rude and entirely unnecessary.

At some point people have to realize that we have one life, one shot to make something of ourselves and to better the world around us. Spending all our time and energy always pointing out what is wrong with the world is nonsensical...take that time and do something to make the world a better place.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by groingrinder

Churches have operating costs just like everyone else on the planet. Its hard to hold a sermon when you don't have a building or electricity. Christians are supposed to want to help with the costs of that, and they are asked by God to tithe to his church. However, its all voluntary, and none of it is mandatory. You can certainly go to church every week, and never become an actual member, or never pay them a dime.

Jesus did not need a church... and he was the Son of God. God did not ask for tithes for the church. He asked for tithes to himself. The church came along and usurped what belonged to God for themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I really hate to step in at this point but the day we call Sunday is really not the Sabbath. If you go back and read genesis God plainly explains the definition of a "Day" and we have always had a 7 day week as lined out by God Almighty and when I learned to read it was left to right stating at the first word not presented on the left.

The Dark and The Light are the First Day. etc etc etc on to the Seventh Day Saturday Sabbath which begins at Friday at sun down..

The prince of darkness of this world loves it when the "Sunday Christians" continue to believe the lies he has so cleverly drawn you into.

Peace unto you all. He who has ears to hear let him hear what the spirit sayeth unto the churches.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Hi Shane, see my post here, it should answer most of your questions.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theinsolentfish

The New Testament is just a mirror of the Old Testament come to life and visa versa. People will neglect to view it in this was because the churches of man have brain washed "The Sheeple" into believing as such.

Jesus said it Himself in this passage here:
Mathew ch 5 vs 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

The Law is not just for the Jews but for all Gentiles who wish to convert sand follow the one true God and His Christ.God is spirit and must be worshiped in spirit and in truth because our flesh is weak.

Peace unto you all. Let him who have wars heareth what the spirit sayeth unto the churches.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

In the same book that silly Christians often use to condemn Homosexuals where it says a man should not lie with another man is a whole host of rules. Many of which are on the same page as the one they love to quote so much!

I know folks are going to criticize you for using things from the Bible to call out Christians - but they draw from that book even when the New Testament pretty much says they should be following their hears and promoting love and good works.

The REASON the Old Testament is still in use -- is because that's the best place to get crazy, racist, slave supporting propaganda. The New Testament is really lousy as a source to subjugate other people, justify a war, or basically take from others in a systemic way.

Maybe YOUR preacher is good, and looks out for people -- but chances are, he works for power hungry old codgers who are using whatever religion is at hand to get more power and wealth. The best way to do that is to support the establishment that requires ignorance, hate and fear to turn a profit.

If you and your fellow church goers have a whole bunch of anti gay rhetoric memorized to support some theory that the God of the Universe is on your side, chances are, that's making a buck and distracting you from making the world a better place.

The banks have manipulated the LIBOR market to line their pockets with billions. The US invaded two more countries (just like we've done in Latin America) for someone to make a buck. The attack on the US on 9/11, whoever did it justified new laws that spied on Americans and did not make us safer -- in fact, they were already spying on Americans when the attack too place, but they wanted to make it legal.

So carry on hating Muslims, or Gays, or whatever. Find whatever damn passage you want. You are serving worldly crooks, who want you to Hope for change, and have Faith that everything is great in Heaven so they can rule your children on earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

..the old testament...hmm.. never mind good job pumpkin! You tell those Christians!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Please check my posts since my O.P and please see also that the point I was making is that many Christians use the leviticus line against homosexuals and just take whatever interpretation they want.
I was not saying I believe in any of these rules and have stated since that I believe them to be taken out of historical context.

I agree with you, SeekerofTruth. And as a matter of fact, anyone who actually READS the Bible eventually comes to the Book of Laws, Leviticus. I find it very hypocritical that Christians use one rule from Leviticus to damn to Hell all Gay people, but then do not follow the same Laws their own selves. While I'm at this, I'm not too keen on Exodus 22:18, either. The OP, IMHO, is simply pointing something out, a thing I do all the time with Christians. Too bad they get all mad when you ask them questions, or criticize them, or joke about them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Thanks Shane - no offense taken as this is exactly what we're supposed to do amongst one another. I'm of mixed opinions on this topic, honestly.

I understand the context of Peter's vision, but I can imagine it being confusing to Peter with the (apparent) statement in his vision that god had made the creatures shown clean. Coupling that with Yahushua's teachings to the pharisees, etc., that it's not what goes into a man that makes him unclean but rather what comes out (as well as a few other things in the epistles), I'm fairly much up in the air about it - so I generally come down on the side of the rest of the new testament as regards matters of the faith applying to the heart & intent as compared to the acts of the flesh (Paul's discussion on circumcision as regards being a true jew and so forth).

Granted - I also still recognize the very practical reasons for the dietary restrictions and consider them still generally applicable (about the only violation I make personally is the occasional bacon and catfish). It's one of those points of my faith I'll have to keep analyzing, but as mentioned at this point I still fall down on it being a matter of christian liberty with intent and our personal output being the greater focus - barring cases where I'm with other believers who are offended in some way by such, so as to prevent myself being a stumbling block.

Thanks again, and take care.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I often wondered why abstaining from homosexual behavior isn't one of the Ten Commandments since it's obviously so important. It really would make this subject less debatable. Most of The Bible is pretty open to interpretation but the big 10 are pretty cut and dry, right?

Most people in authority will go easy on their subordinates if they also break the same rules and are stricter if the subordinates are breaking rules that the authority follows. Why would the Church be any different?

Well, now that I think about it maybe it's covered in the "You shall not commit adultery" commandment...it was interpreted having to do with about man and wife somewhere I think. But still - not specified in the actual list of ten.

I hope I just didn't give the bible thumpers more ammo...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Leviticus NEVER applied to all Jew much less modern Xtians as it is in the Old Testament.

Curious. I have had many bible thumpers tell me that the Bible is to be taken literally, to not take one sentence out, or add one either. Literal Truth, take it or leave it, believe it or go to Hell. Well, sorry, but you cannot have it both ways. Either follow it all, or follow it not.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theinsolentfish

it may be the same book, however the old testament was the old covenant with God and the new testament was the new covenant. the old testament laws have no bearing in today's life because Jesus has died for our sins. the old testament was necessary because God still wanted us to be able to come to heaven thus there are allot of strange rules, mostly pagan like rituals to follow Gods original laws such as the blood rite of circumcision. however divorce is still a sin, and it always will be. if your at the crossroads of divorce you should have never married in the first place.

Jumping up and attacking something you obviously know nothing about merely makes you ignorant. if you are going to go about this sort of random attack on a belief system then you might as well read and understand what your talking about.

good day sir.

p.s. (sorry if someone else already posted this i saw the op's post and had to say what i had to say.)

edit on 8/6/2012 by theinsolentfish because: added p.s.

Nope, you are the ignorant one. If you had read my other posts you will see I am specifically questioning why many of the more vocal Christians use the line from Leviticus in the Old Testament to condemn homosexuals.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

You clearly haven't read my other posts and the rest of the thread.
I've never been on such a forum where people read a couple of lines, don't look at or get involved in the discussion but think they know all of the reasons and questions.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by murphy22

I would like to add. All though we are all created by god (in Christian belief) That the jews are his chosen people. We gentiles are "grafted" in to his "kingdom" only through his mercy.
We have all sinned and have fallen short of his grace and mercy.
I am no better than anyone out there. I look and ask for mercy everyday. I need forgivness more than most. But I know what is true. That leaves me with no excuse on that day.

The jews are "god's chosen people"? And what kind of people make up the majority of people in power (banking, finance and media) who are largely responsible for the mess the world is in?

That's right, jews. If these are "god's chosen people" then I submit they are in fact devil worshippers.
That is, if I believed in fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

you eat snails and crocodiles, I am ignoring everything you post

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinthia

Your ignorance of Christianity is astonishing.

But the question I want you to answer is What has your anger at Christians got to do with conspiracies? Fair enough, you want to make a fool of yourself by highlighting your misunderstanding of freedom in Christ, but where does that fit in with conspiracy theory?

I'll field that one, if the intended target doesn't mind? First of all, personal insults are not allowed in ATS. How do you know that b14warrior did not research the Bible?
That being said, Christianity IS a conspiracy, the biggest, most sinister conspiracy of all time. How the Church Fathers, and their Hidden Hand, whatever that is, conspired to create a religion and brainwash the masses into joining and giving the Priests money in return for salvation. Many empty promises were made, many lies were told. Then the Church conspired to take over the known world, and they almost did just that. Putting to the sword, or burning at the stake took care of other religions, and those who opposed the Church. Today the Church has it's hooks in World Leaders, and uses it's power to make war on Nations that are not Christian.

There is your conspiracy, friend. Look no further that your Church.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join