It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by b14warrior

I am not a Christian, but I can tell you that your logic and insecurity of someones elses religion is extremely flawed!
Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!
The New Testament is for the Christians!

Not sure why you have to post against someones religious beliefs if you don't yourself agree with them, and if you do, you might want to make sure that your posting is accurate!
edit on 5-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: wording

I thought Christians thing is following Jesus? That's what most reasonable Christians talk about, following and acting on Jesus example.

Well Jesus followed Jewish laws and encouraged others to, did he not?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by seeker1963

So why do Christians ALWAYS bring up the famous quote from Leviticus concerning homosexuality?
And I see nothing wrong with having a discussion about the views of a religious group if it effect me and others around me. If their views didn't effect people then I wouldn't talk of them.
I also know that many Churches and Christians follow new and old testament.

they don't mate.

I'm a Christian and I think you can have as much cock as you want.

stop worrying about it and go and be whatever it is you want to be.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Shane

Go back a few pages and this is explained.
Christ fulfilled the covenant laws, making them no longer applicable even for Jews. Covenant or Mosaic Laws NEVER applied to gentiles or Christians.

Finally got here my Friend.

And still, we will not agree on this. That's your position, I have mine. One of us are right, so that's batting 500, isn't it?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Ha ha, I just brought this up the other day in another thread. Are you ripping me off? (Just kidding)

Nice thread.
edit on 6-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Spewed eh?

The Bible has so clearly been mistranslated from original meaning it's simply ridiculous to refute it. That is, of course, if you have looked into it objectively.

The Greek word 'arsenokoitai' is now translated in some instances as 'homosexual.

That's a modern translation, the original manuscripts that these translations came from still exist, and can be referred back to in making other modern translations. Modern translations can be compared and contrasted to each other, even including Luther's Bible, to crosscheck what the meanings are. There is also nothing stopping you to going back to the original language manuscripts, if you know how to read them.

Obviously if you know that the original text states: “ arsenokoitai”, then you have gotten that from one of the original manuscripts.

Most folks don't want to bother with that level of study, so they pick a translation that they find easiest to read. There are translations for all levels of understanding, though the wording may change, the basic concept usually remains fairly constant among all the good, accepted translations. Its not like the church has taken the originals and hid them, or destroyed them, or something...

As I said before, the RCC would have loved nothing more then to change the scripture to fit their agenda throughout the dark ages. Unfortunately for them, even over a thousand years before they even canonized their Bible, they could not effect what was written. They had to use Papal Rulings to alter the Catholic understanding of the word, as they could not alter the word itself.

Believe me, if it had been possible, when Martin Luther called them to task at the Diet of Worms, the RCC would have simply called his arguments against their abuses invalid, because he was not going off their “translation”. They could not do that because they could not change the word itself.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
I thought Christians thing is following Jesus? That's what most reasonable Christians talk about, following and acting on Jesus example.

Well Jesus followed Jewish laws and encouraged others to, did he not?

No, not all of them, and many are not intended for Christians.
Again... God made a deal with only the Jewish people, this was called a covenant. There were special rules levied against the Jewish people as their part of the covenant between them and God. Those rules only apply to Jews. God fulfilled his covenant with the Jewish people through Christ, which is why Christ says he came to “Fulfill the law”. He was fulfilling Gods part of the covenant with the Jewish people. So some of those rules no longer even apply to the Jews, some never applied to any but the Jews, and there is a New Covenant with the Christians.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Yet not a single christian lives according to these rules. But I guess it is okay since they can just ask Jesus for forgivance... Does not matter if you murder someone or just lie to someone as you are still accepted into heaven as long as you ask for forgivance...

Unless you are a woman who has attempted to grab your neighbours genitals ,apparently

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Apparently women should sacrifice, then burn a pigin on the east side of the altar when they are menstrating. The reason why they don't is because it is as stupid as denying homosexuals the right to love whoever they want.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It was a bad attempt at humor. Obviously bad, since you appear to have been one of the "brighter" contributors here.

Getting stoned....... Hahahaha

Levity gets no where in this topic.

Sorry, in the future, I'll refrain from attempting funnies.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shimri

This was foretold (Dan 9, Hos 3).

It is also foretold that that the temple and sacrifice would be reinstated upon the return of the Messiah (Eze 44-48)

Exactly. Thank's for the assistance in respects to this, my Friend.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I am not a Christian, but I can tell you that your logic and insecurity of someones elses religion is extremely flawed!
Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!
The New Testament is for the Christians!

Not sure why you have to post against someones religious beliefs if you don't yourself agree with them, and if you do, you might want to make sure that your posting is accurate!
edit on 5-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: wording

Do you live according to the Ten Commandments? Care to say which testament they're found in?

You can't accept some "truths" in the bible and discount others, it's not a multiple choice book. Unless of course you're intellectually and morally lazy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'll bite...

As for food everything is okay:

"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") Mark 7:18

As for all the rest of the old testiment quotes you offered. Well that's why there's a new testiment. Jesus came to offer mankind a new covenent with God. Because the old ways are done away with, and the new ways were offered by Jesus.

But you seem to have it all figured out don't you. You should try to align yourself with the powers that control everything not resist them. It will cost you heavy in the end.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shimri

This was foretold (Dan 9, Hos 3).

It is also foretold that that the temple and sacrifice would be reinstated upon the return of the Messiah (Eze 44-48)

Hosea 3, Daniel 9, and other chapters do not say that the temple will be rebuilt. Hosea actually says the opposite, and so Does Luke 21:24. The idea that the temple will be rebuilt is based on Roman Catholic Jesuit Futurism, which was part of the protestant counter reformation propaganda they used to deflect prophecy away from the Papacy.

Francisco Ribera
Apocalypse commentary
In order to remove the papacy of the Catholic Church from consideration as the Antichrist (as an act of countering the Protestant Reformation), Ribera began writing a lengthy (500 page) commentary in 1585 on the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, proposing that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse apply to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3½ literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy because of the Reformation cry stating that "the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist." (Martin Luther, Aug. 18, 1520). Then, he proposed, the Antichrist, a single individual, would:
Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God.
Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.
Abolish the Christian religion.
Deny Jesus Christ.
Be received by the Jews.
Pretend to be God.
Kill the two witnesses of God.
Conquer the world.

To accomplish this, Ribera proposed that the 1260 days and 42 months and 3½ times of prophecy were not 1260 years as based on the year-day principle (Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6), but a literal 3½ years, hence preventing the arrival of the deduction of (i) the 1260 years to be related to the Dark Ages (according to the Historicism (Christianity) interpretation of eschatology from 538 A.D. when the papal power was fully established in Rome until its political blow in 1798 A.D., when Louis-Alexandre Berthier the general of Napoleon captured pope Pius VI as prisoner to Valence, France) and (ii) the Antichrist to be related to papacy.

Not a big deal though, most Christians have been deceived by this, and never bothered to look into where that translation came from. Personally, I think that this is the “Great deception”.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
Do you live according to the Ten Commandments? Care to say which testament they're found in?

You can't accept some "truths" in the bible and discount others, it's not a multiple choice book. Unless of course you're intellectually and morally lazy.

Yes, Gentiles and Christians can discount many of the rules in the Old Testament, as they were intended only for Jews, or Jews pre-Messiah. The Ten Commandments apply to everyone though, even Christ stated this.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Not that it matters, since my signiture applies to most people on this site, but no Christian is under the old Mosaic covenant. That deal was established between the former Eygptian captive Jews and God. It was a "If you follow this I will bless you, and if not I will smite you" deals. History show that both occured. The laws were established to distinguish the nation of Israel from the rest of the Pagan world. They were to be a holy/set apart people who were responsible for preserving God's written Word, as well as sharing a lineage with the Savior of the world.

Once the new covenant was established, the old no longer applied. God's standard is moral perfection, so we all fail miserbaly, and rightly so, deserve to be cast into hell. Jesus Christ on the other hand kept all the laws to the T. He died on whomever accepts behalf. As a Christian we keep the 10 commandments out of greatfulness for what was done on our behalf. The law can't save you, as I have said earlier, you have already broken it... but again, no one cares. It is so much easier to bash a book you've never actually read. Seriously though, most people would be uncomfortable even participating in a book club having never read the book. A lot of you on the other hand are Bible scholars having read only a commentary on an athiests website. Repent will you still can

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Uh..... Christians aren't supposed to kill either -- remember that Commandment thingy, "Thou Shall Not Kill"? -- but did that ever stop them? Nope.

Christians better hope their god doesn't exist, otherwise most of them are going to Hell.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"Is that how your preacher talks?"

I had something similar happen- although in my case... I had to make a split second decision to pull into a church parking lot, or go headlong into a sewage ditch being dug (this city didnt believe in putting up signs). I also ended up NOT in the bank parking lot, thanks to this nonsense- came back out to some guy who sees me, and starts searing at me. I ask him who he is- get "I am the @!#(*$(&!!!! pastor!", to which I replied " Do you *preach* with that mouth??"- the swearing went up to 11!

There are many other stories of christians acting worse than animals. They do not even care what is in their own holy book- as long as they have permission to act as rotten as they want to be, but then scream like a spoiled child when their crimes are pointed out to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Wow, get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

You have a HUGE problem with Christians. There was a group 2000 years ago who did too, much for the same reasons. They rounded them up and glorified in having them die in a bloody arena or being torn limb from limb by wild animals along with others.

Those that did that, mocked Christians and Jews just as you are.

If this was 1943 in Germany you'd be right in there pushing Jews into gas chambers wouldn't you! Now go and get some counselling before you're seething internal anger causes you to lash out at some innocent person on the street.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Not faith hater at all. In fact the film which I recommended at the end shows Christians in some good light at the end of the film. My point was that parts of the old testament if taken literally and not in a modern context can be at most dangerous and at least hurtful and polorising. Plus it is just a discussion, no hate here.

"No hate here"; yet in your OP you use the word "silly" in describing the religious practices of BILLIONS of people on this planet. How many times, for emphasis, do you use the word "silly" to describe Christian men, women and children?; twice! Am I a "silly" fundamentalist Christian to you? Your post is so misdirected, It would be better aimed at fundamentalist Judaism and Islam, not Christianity.

You "silly" atheist, OP. You seem to know a lot about the OT, but nothing of the NT.

You have completely misrepresented Christianity and The Word of Jesus Christ.

You know that Jesus was murdered by the Sanhedrin for his Revolution of Judaism.

If you care to study the NT, and have the humility to call yourself a novice for a time while you study it, then come back and attack us in perhaps a little more intelligent way.

So, you "silly" atheist, anti Christ, get your facts straight.

I called your OP "silly" twice! Just as you did to us.

The Old Law was there to purify a particular people because The LORD insisted that the people his Messiah Son was born into had to be ritually clean. The High Priests of Judaism had to sacrifice in a gruesome and bloody manner many many animals. There is a real reason for this! Our sin before demanded blood continually. This was the case for the whole world. All other cultures were sacrificing women, men and children. Many cultures throughout the world sacrificed their first born to the fire (which The LORD condemned). Jesus came to free us from that. He bought with his own blood our freedom from that blood letting as the final necessary sacrifice to buy back humanity from sin.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Law and abolished it. He brought the New Law! Do you not remember how Peter was sent a dream about unclean things falling from the sky and Jesus' voice telling him to eat? This clearly revealed that it was no longer necessary to maintain the Old Ways.

Oh yes, I still don't eat pork as I am half Jewish, but as a Christian I see that as my own lack of faith, like Peter.

Be careful, you! Here on ATS you will get away with religious intolerance (though don't push it because even ATS must respect International Law). Don't do it anywhere else, you might get arrested for it. Your post is full of ignorance and you are a man who is in serious need of a decent education, or that is my opinion of you.

Your statement "silly" christian is religious hatred and misunderstanding fuelled with lies and ignorance about Christianity and Judaism. But I take it with a pinch of salt, you are just a "silly" man. Learn my friend from the errors of your reasoning and try not to hate others because they are different to you.

I am Christian. While I don't practise homosexuality myself I would never judge another.

Grow up, friend. I don't dislike you for what you have written, but I would like to see you grow in maturity and develop your reasoning faculties and study skills.

A Prophesy:

As the western world loses its faith in Christianity so will the need for blood letting and sacrifice replace it. You will see more and more murder as morality collapses. Foreigners will invade you and take your power and wealth. In your desperation you will be like a whore before all the nations. As I see it right now, that is the future lot of U.S, Britain and Europe. You want a world without Christ? The LORD is going to give you what you want. It will be like hell on earth for a time!

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: various spelling and punctuation errors

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: clarification

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: more clarification

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join