It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by murphy22

Ah, I see you posted some answers to this before my last post. So Jews are god's chosen people. He does play favorites. Now I see where you are coming from.

CJ

Here, we still see silly concepts being spewed

The Jew's only make up 1/12 of GODS Inheritance. They are not his people.

In reality, EGYPT is GOD's People and Assyria is the Work of GOD's Hand. Israel is as noted above. They secured the Holy Land from GOD. Their Inheritance.

Isaiah 19:25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
There's also the part where they say that if you break God's law by working on the Sabbath the punishment is death...DEATH!

So, don't mow your lawn on Sunday and don't have a bar-b-que because cooking is work, too. Otherwise you might be smited.
edit on 8/5/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

In actual fact the first day of the week was always Sunday, and the seventh day (sabbath) was Saturday but I think it was the Catholic Church that changed it back in the middle ages. So really we shouldn't work on a Saturday. Sundays are fine.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

there are modern translations, but they come from older documents. There is nothing preventing you form reading any of the translations, or all of them for that matter, and comparing the differences. Most are simply written in modern language to make it simpler for folks to understand. That is a big difference form re-writing the bible to obscure its meaning.

To make it more simple for us simple people to understand. Of course!
It's not re-written, it's not a re-translation, it's merely to help us modern folk to understand it better.

No meaning obscured. Phew that was close....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by paxnatus
The New Testament is speaking to the Christians it is all about Jesus' coming. Jesus came to fulfill the law, not abolish it. The jews do not believe in the New Testament because they do not believe Jesus is the Messiah.

You bring up another good point that I missed pointing out...
God had a covenant between himself and the Jewish people, those are the rules of that covenant.

So I have gotten this far, and Hi.

GOD had a Covenant with Abraham. Abraham was not a JEW. HIS Covenant "covered" Israel, as well as Ishmael and his Descendants. Moses was given the LAW for Israel, and Leviticus expands on many previously practiced observations from the Beginning, which were no longer were being observed. Most relative to simple common sense, yet needing to be reaffirmed.

I do not recall anywhere, where Judea was promised anything alone outside of the Prophesies of the 12 Tribes, and Judea becoming the Lion's whelp, so to speak.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. I am speak about the simple laws. The Laws which revolve around Judges, and became a more Judean oriented practice, since it was the "Capital" and as 600 BC approached, most of the Balance of Israel had departed. So nearing this period I get the Jewish aspect, but the discussion is dealing with a period around 1500 BC (approximately).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Wow!!!....what a nice blend of ignorance and hate. I also see you got 34 flags now, ATS should require an I. Q. test in order to be a member.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Fact is though just about everyone walking today would have been stoned at one point or another in there life if it was applied today. Thank god for grace.

Hey, I thank GOD, for the Blessing of getting Stoned most days.

And GOD bless Bob Marley and Cheech and Chong.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Please add to an argument of some sort.

That was just a personal attack.

I am sure you have intelligent thought to contribute.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Now it's time for Jesus to come back and make a New New Covenant that abolishes both the sin and the ritual of the OT.
Its already been done.
We live under the New Covenant. That is why we ask Christ for forgiveness, rather then sacrifice a goat. Christ has already defeated sin, now its up to each individual to seek repentance through Christ. The “Harrowing of Hell” was all about Christs victory over sin and death.

You see, Your time was coming

We CAN NOT perform a Sacrifice. There is no Temple! That's the reason Christ came the First Time.

The Second time, and everything you note, IS likely to occur. Until then, I respectfully disagree.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Well I have no toelrance towards bigotry. My Issue with you is that in some ways your have taken a shotgun to bigotry and the pelets have spread far too widely. I have learned to like the bible as it is one of the greatest repoisitories of jewish and pagan history (if read closely). Sure people will abuse it to follow their own Agenda but the same can be said of the stonewall riots!!

T

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I don't know what that post meant sorry. I think you misunderstood and thought that quote you referenced was mine... it wasn't. But yeah I am confused. Did you have a point?
edit on 6-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Well not sure what religion you are but you are wrong. I'm an atheist and even I know that every single CHRISTIAN bible ever printed in whatever language has included the old testament. So what is the point of that if it is not applicable ? The old testament applies to jews and christians. The new testament applies to christians only.

Where the hell do you think the 10 commandments are ? Are you seriously telling me that becasue they are in the old testament that they don't apply to christians?!?!?!?

Adam and eve are in the old testament but this means nothing to christians ?!?!?!?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

so you are saying "stamp out Homosexuals before they breed?"

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Now it's time for Jesus to come back and make a New New Covenant that abolishes both the sin and the ritual of the OT.
Its already been done.
We live under the New Covenant. That is why we ask Christ for forgiveness, rather then sacrifice a goat. Christ has already defeated sin, now its up to each individual to seek repentance through Christ. The “Harrowing of Hell” was all about Christs victory over sin and death.

You see, Your time was coming

We CAN NOT perform a Sacrifice. There is no Temple! That's the reason Christ came the First Time.

The Second time, and everything you note, IS likely to occur. Until then, I respectfully disagree.

Ciao

Shane

This was foretold (Dan 9, Hos 3).

It is also foretold that that the temple and sacrifice would be reinstated upon the return of the Messiah (Eze 44-48)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The op called "silly" a whole religion and you talk about a personal attack? Surely one of those flags was yours. Respect all religions first.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

None of those flags were mine. Sorry you're wrong. I didn't flag. I starred some posts.

I don't respect religion. I won't respect them all.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
No matter how you slice it, it is incredibly silly that followers choose to ignore some rules while jumping on others. In regards to condemning gays whats make it worse is that Christ was notorious for accepting and welcoming people who were treated as outcasts by society . Seeing as how the whole point of Christianity is to follow in his way and be "Christ like" it would be an error to conduct oneself with prejudice towards a group like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Why are you holding Christians to the Torah? (Old Testament) Christians live under the New Testament, not the Hebrew laws passed down from Moses for the Jews. Christians believe the old testament is there to point towards our (humans) need for salvation from the original sin (Adam & Eve and the apple incident) Christians live under grace , not the law of the old testament.. Which is why they are Christians and not jews... Christians believe all sins are able to be wiped clean through their messiah Jesus.. The jews are still bound by strict laws and regulations awaiting the messiah, seeing that they don't believe Jesus was the right guy for the job.

Also, there is a scripture in the new testament.. Where it says "All things are permissible, not all things are edifying ... " (Paraphrased a bit)

I use to be involved heavily in Ministry.. And was at one time a very devout spiritual Christian, as opposed to the dry religious type. I consider myself more of an occultist these days, just to let you know where Im coming from.

I find your argument very misunderstanding of Christians (Not that I really care to defend them) but you have to realize Christians do not consider themselves under the law of Moses.. As Jesus paid the price to be set free from all those regulations and brought about a NEW and better way... Grace.

Also.. wanted to add that the 10 commandments are in Jesus's words summed up in "Love......" Love the Lord God... Love your neighbor, so on... Which is why Christians are not all hung up on "The Law" given in the old testament. If you truly love your neighbor, then you will never have to worry about breaking any of those ten commandments.. Such as Stealing, Killing, Coveting your neighbors wife, and possessions etc.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Startruth144 because: Spelling and needed to add more thoughts.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

How about Jude, often referred to as the "brother of Christ":

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

You have been doing quite well lately. You seem well versed.

Here, Yes "STRANGE FLESH" is the implied Homosexual activity.

It is also noted as something about the Price of Dog.

Deut 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.
18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodiebug
Again someone quoting bible verse's that do not apply to christian's. The old testament was for Isreal. We follow the new testament. I think if you study the new testament. You will find your conclusion's are all wrong.

Congratulations. You are the FIRST person to get this right, in ATS in YEARS. Yes the Old Testament was for Israel.

Now, who is Israel?

Denmark
Netherlands
Basque Spain
Ireland
Scotland
Some of the American Native Tribes
Some Peoples within the Caucus Mountains
Some found in Nepal
Ethiopia

and I could extend their offshoots to include

The USA
Canada
Australia

These Countries have Israel within them. So who is the Old Testament for?

Those 10 Tribes that are presumed Lost and just ignorant of who they are.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
there are modern translations, but they come from older documents. There is nothing preventing you form reading any of the translations, or all of them for that matter, and comparing the differences. Most are simply written in modern language to make it simpler for folks to understand. That is a big difference form re-writing the bible to obscure its meaning.

Two Things.

First, The English King James 1611 Bible isn't a great translation but what can we do.

Second, The rest that have followed have gotten progressively worse and harder to verify.

So, try and muck it out with the 1611 King James Version and get a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

Every single word translated into English is traced back into the Chaldean, Hebrew or Greek, and the actual meanings of those words are addressed.

You can verify by yourself, what actually was meant.

Example. Those 7 Days in Genesis. A Day. What is it?

3117 yowm yome from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb):--age, + always, + chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), + elder, X end, + evening, + (for) ever(-lasting, -more), X full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, + old, + outlived, + perpetually, presently, + remaineth, X required, season, X since, space, then, (process of) time, + as at other times, + in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), X whole (+ age), (full) year(-ly), + younger.

Yowm was the word in the Original Language. What was implied by the Books of Moses? 24 Hours, Sun Up to Sun Down, A Season, An Age?

In the Context of the balance of the Original Terms, it is clear we are speaking of an extended time frame past 24 hours. The problem is, the term was translated into Greek and Latin and the Dogmas, Doctrines and Theologies where already inplace. It was toooooooooo late to commit heresy, especially while translating a Bible for Mason, King James.

I trust you get the Idea.

And for your reference, here's a link to your own King James 1611 Bible for your use.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join