It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians cant eat lobster, wear polyester, wear gold, eat rabbit, have tattoos, get divrced, have

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is the kind of person I was trying question and debate over.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-8-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
By the way, going into the gnostic gospels a bit, there are some very good clues given us, apparently the new testament is coded. Luke he gives the account of Paul converting a few times, a different version each time, and that is a clue that perhaps he didnt convert, and perhaps his real purpose was to transmute Christ's message, into Rome's purpose, control, and inequality and all that.

www.thenazareneway.com...

Luke, however, filled in many of the blanks Paul failed to mention in any of his letters to the churches. The problem is, Luke told three versions of Paul’s claimed conversion, and none of the three agree on the details:...

Acts 20:4-6: "[Paul] was accompanied by Sopater, son of Pyrrhus of Beroea…these went ahead and were waiting for us at Troas…where we stayed for seven days."

One of the early translators did a strange thing with the name, Pyrrhus: He omitted it! And the King James Version did the same.

Who was Pyrrhus to the Greeks? Pyrrhus, The Fool of Hope, was a story Plutarch wrote and titled at about the same time Luke's gospel was being penned. It includes the following:...

Pyrrhus was one of the soldiers who participated in the Trojan horse saga. And that is the best-known legacy from the legend of Troy. It's what everyone thinks of when Troy and the Trojan War are mentioned. The name Pyrrhus was inserted here in Luke's gospel in the same sentence as Troas to direct the reader to the legend of the Trojan Horse.

There are many other codes in the bible.

I see Christ's story as hijacked and let Goodness and the Spirit of Peace and Love guide me when I read anything.

Don't like the old testament, though a few jewels stand out.

Genesis 32 30: The passage where Jacob tells us he named the city he met God in 'penial".
edit on 5-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by b14warrior

I am not a Christian, but I can tell you that your logic and insecurity of someones elses religion is extremely flawed!
Leviticus was from the old testament, (Torah) which was a set of laws for the Jews! NOT CHRISTIANS!
The New Testament is for the Christians!

Not sure why you have to post against someones religious beliefs if you don't yourself agree with them, and if you do, you might want to make sure that your posting is accurate!

Just so I understand....the Old Testament means nothing, and the New Testament does? Do you know the history of the New Testament?
Here is a scan of the famous "Q Document," the basis of the New Testament.

The Gospel of Q; All sides to the controversy

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Friend, you are a man after my own heart. I pretty much think the same way.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

How about Jude, often referred to as the "brother of Christ":

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

You can try and deny it seven ways to Sunday, but its still in there under various other topics. As I said, it was not a big issue for Christ as he was only to preach to the Jews, and Jews were normally married according to family prearrangement. So this was not an issue among the Jews, if it was going on at all, it was going on in secret for fear of begin put to death.

The gnostic stuff you quote is rife with Greek dogma, which is why it mentions things relating back to Greek history, and why its not included in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

No, Biblicaly you are incorrect.

That's what I said

My quote.

In the Biblical language it is not --->as in not a judgement in this framework

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Actually, the New Testament is a tale as old as time. Its all about that pineal. If thine eye be single then your body is filled with light, and specifically the ministry it takes to be of Good Spirit, and Love to dial home on the only number that reaches Goodness and Family, the Love number, service to others. Dialing home on the elitist number gets only a larger bully answering the phone. A predator meets a predator, though he might pretend to be a god. Its a frequency match.

Christ is that example and we are called to do the same. And to the ends of the universe, this tale is told in many ways.

But not so with the old testament. History has been rewritten, and some of it is rather new and has some surprisng authors.

www.apologeticspress.org...

I for one don't like the old testament, though some talk of the value in the codes in it, to personal growth and the seekers, but.........at such elitism. First they grind the average persn into the mudpile of harming others, while they learn such lofty things.

Well more average people have love in their litttle fingers than most of these elitists have in their whole bodies and that is quite a difference. They look down their nose on humanity, but, HOOK and Robin Williams playing Peter Pan comes to mind.

All that happy thoughts, positivity, that makes one fly.

And he said, "I remember you being so much bigger."
"Well to a 10 year old Im huge!"

We're alot bigger than they are. They've shrunk in consciousness and are more machine than man, more of Darth Vader types. Transhumanism, maybe its their future, don't know. But I hope they wake up and come to down to the grass roots of life, and turn the pyramid upside down.

The old testament is all about wars, smiting, obey, harm, and their annanuki overlords.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Again, this is another English word that is being conveniently stretched to cover other concepts.. Hrmn..

Exactly. It seems commonplace. And we are at a standstill because they get to use our words but pick either or definition depending on the conversation

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by seeker1963

So why do Christians ALWAYS bring up the famous quote from Leviticus concerning homosexuality?
And I see nothing wrong with having a discussion about the views of a religious group if it effect me and others around me. If their views didn't effect people then I wouldn't talk of them.
I also know that many Churches and Christians follow new and old testament.

Because they are just as ignorant about Christianity as the OP. Oh wait...you're the OP.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yet they are Christians. Going to Christian churches, and reading from a Christian Bible.

Being ignorant doesn't change that. Thus it doesn't change the argument of the thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm an ex Christian but now live a Spiritual Life. I once read a quote a member said that said "We don't need religion. We just have to be Spiritual" & it's true. But you are pretty ignorant. Christians live according to the way Jesus lived (in the new testament). Those passages you just gave are from the New Testament. That was before Jesus and where they're were only prophets. When Jesus was on Earth, he then gave new laws to the followers. If you like reading the bible, I suggest you start reading the book of Mathew. I'm not saying nothing offend you, just to correct you.
Peace & One Love
Stay Spiritual

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ignorance is a subjective term.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Again. We have to agree to disagree. I am only willing to use the English definition inherit as it would require faith in the Bible which I do not have to use the word otherwise.

You cannot judge what the Bible says unless you have read it, understand it, and understand its nuances.

The term and understanding of orientation was was developed much later with the advance in the study of psychology.

That is still a hotly debated topic, and I'm not sure if either side of it has not been influenced as to their results by various interest groups from either side.

I saw you mention this before but decided to not comment on it. It's non sequitur. How does homosexuality relate to adultery?

Look are you willing to break this down fairly? Surely you know gay couples have the means to 'multiply' with technology and medicine (surely technology and medicine was forseen by an omnipotent and omniscient God).

It has to do with marriage out of wedlock, and that Biblically only heterosexual marriages were considered to meet the criteria of being a true marriage that could be “fruitful and multiply”.
Its pretty clear what Christ consituted as a marriage:

mark 10:
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Right from the rest of the passage quoted by the OP...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Ignorance is a subjective term.

Ignorance is measured by ones distance from truth. Truth is objective.

That's a very strange stance to take my friend. The belief in Christianity is the belief in objective truth... (regardless of being right)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is always funny to see atheists obsess over religion, it very much looks like a cultist attempting to convert.
Perhaps it is grown out of insecurity, and the belief that science can explain our purpose gives a person a sense of superiority which the individual then tries to reinforce, much like religion does to many immature souls who have not yet grasped its true meaning. It is good to see people express their insecurities and try to search for answers. I hope you all good luck in your search, I hope we all find our answers and learn to respect others.

Yours truly,
an agnostic

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You cannot judge what the Bible says unless you have read it, understand it, and understand its nuances.

I am certain at this point I have read and studied it. As far as understanding it and appreciating the nuances. Of course that's up to anyones belief. Can't really argue that aspect now can I?

That is still a hotly debated topic

And I would hotly debate it.

It has to do with marriage out of wedlock, and that Biblically only heterosexual marriages were considered to meet the criteria of being a true marriage

Okay I see.

It is sinful for homosexuals to have sex out of wedlock but they are not allowed to be wed. If you cannot appreciate the bitter irony there... not sure what I can say in one thread to persuade.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Nope! Jesus said "I am truth....

Because one chooses to ignore the truth does not make the believer ignorant.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

I am certain at this point I have read and studied it. As far as understanding it and appreciating the nuances. Of course that's up to anyones belief. Can't really argue that aspect now can I?

That is still a hotly debated topic

And I would hotly debate it.

It has to do with marriage out of wedlock, and that Biblically only heterosexual marriages were considered to meet the criteria of being a true marriage

Okay I see.

It is sinful for homosexuals to have sex out of wedlock but they are not allowed to be wed. If you cannot appreciate the bitter irony there... not sure what I can say in one thread to persuade.

Hey! Your on to something! You may understand more than you let on.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
S&F OP!

If somebody's gonna demand that certain parts be followed, they have to follow ALL the parts in that group!!

They keep forgetting that by what measure we judge, we will be judged. If they wanna nitpick a translation of a translation of a translation of Leviticus, they have to live up to each and every little detail of Leviticus and that's what they'll be judged by!

edit on 5-8-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well it could be that's what makes it not acceptable from the Biblical Christian stance on the subject...

You're debating from the presumption that somewhere, somehow, you are going to argue, “rule lawyer”, or outsmart the bible that this should be acceptable from a scriptural perspective, I assure you it's not. Its not really an Irony at all, it was simply unacceptable from that perspective whether stated directly or implied. It was also unacceptable from the Jewish perspective that Christianity sprang from.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join