It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After defeat of Senate cybersecurity bill, Obama weighs executive-order option

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just another right-wing fear mongering article spreading lies.

I love the "What Obama might do" game the right wingers love to play

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's pretty unnerving when you think about it.

Looking at the broad picture, if Obama and Bush have hundreds of EO's between them, it just shows our system of checks and balances is eroding.

It's like- 'Let's try to pass it by congress. Oh, they reject it? Well let's pass it anyways!'

It's turning the presidency into a mini-dictatorship.

That's wrong- I don't care what your political affiliation is.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Obama & Co. may very well be in "set up" mode.

Another Member beezzer has a theory about the power grid being taken down and martial law declared.

This is a perfect opportunity.

Obama's "we can't wait" thinking will lead into a hastily drawn (on purpose) EO.

Then ......

Wham !! Bam !!

He will be able to cast blame on anybody and everybody but Himself

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Why is it, every time someone has anything negative to say about Obama, they are automatically labeled right wing fear mongers?

I assure you, I dislike Romney just as much as I dislike Obama. I will vote for my brother's dog before I vote for either one of them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
It's pretty unnerving when you think about it.

Looking at the broad picture, if Obama and Bush have hundreds of EO's between them, it just shows our system of checks and balances is eroding.

It's like- 'Let's try to pass it by congress. Oh, they reject it? Well let's pass it anyways!'

It's turning the presidency into a mini-dictatorship.

That's wrong- I don't care what your political affiliation is.

Thank you, for making that more clear than I was able too.

No matter what side of the aisle people choose to affiliate with, things are not looking good.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

You are not allowed to talk bad about our current President, because EVERYTHING this man does, is great, in his eyes, and his supporters eyes. Hes the "do nothing wrong" President......

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
With the increase of Obama's inappropriate use of Executive Orders (bypassing the legislative branch of government) the Senate should weigh the impeachment option.

You seem to forget that Obamma owns the senate. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi they are all Obamatards. They will do whatever Obama wants them to do. Everyone cries about congress , but the senate is our real problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

It is not what Obama might do that scares me. It is the things that he has already done.
When will people see this man for who he truely is. Or should I say that I HOPE people will open their eyes cuz we could use a major CHANGE......

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

With the increase of Obama's inappropriate use of Executive Orders (bypassing the legislative branch of government) the Senate should weigh the impeachment option.

He isn't using it any more or any less than past presidents.

www.archives.gov...

Obama - 131 EOs (3.5 years)

Bush II - 290 EOs (2 terms)

Clinton - 363 EOs (2 terms)

Bush I - 165 EOs (1 term)

Reagan - 380 EOs (2 terms)

Carter - 319 EOs (1 term
)

Ford - 168 EOs (3 years)

Nixon - 345 EOs (5 years)

So...as you can see...this is pure propaganda.

Obama has not "abused" the Executive Order any more or any less than past Presidents.
edit on 5-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

I think it's all of them, Congress, the Senate, The Executive branch, all of the appointees. All the way down to the State Legislatures.

They are all a bunch of corrupt career politicians playing musical chairs. And everyone keeps reelecting them, expecting a different outcome. Because "That's the way it's always been."

One day people will start to figure it out, but this is not that day.

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Be patient, if he gets another term I'm sure he can do better.
edit on 5-8-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

He isn't using it any more or any less than past presidents.

www.archives.gov...

Obama - 131 EOs (3.5 years)

Bush II - 290 EOs (2 terms)

Clinton - 363 EOs (2 terms)

It is not the number of EO's it is what is written in them.
Scarey direction for this country... What is he truly up to?

Bush I - 165 EOs (1 term)

Reagan - 380 EOs (2 terms)

Carter - 319 EOs (1 term
)

Ford - 168 EOs (3 years)

Nixon - 345 EOs (5 years)

So...as you can see...this is pure propaganda.

Obama has not "abused" the Executive Order any more or any less than past Presidents.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Be patient, if he gets another term I'm sure he can do better.

Oh...I see...you are criticizing him for what you "think" he is going to do in the future.

Just like this thread...Obama has said nothing about using an Executive Order...but you are already condemning him for doing so.

Yeah...not partisan at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Quite a list you have there. This subject just became even more disturbing to me.

Surely you can acknowledge that this truly is a problem instead of just pointing the finger and saying 'Well, everyone else is doing it!'

Obama, Bush, Regan, Clinton, etc. This is wrong. I don't have a problem with one in a true emergency situation. But thousands between them all? There is no excuse.

Thanks for posting that info, though. EO's should not be exceedingly used to bypass due process- especially if the proposition was already canned by congress.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

This is how our government has always been run...hey...if anything we should be glad that the use has decreased from the past.

Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945) - 3,466 Executive Orders.

Don't you think it is curious that this has only become an issue since Obama has been President????

Don't you find that just a bit odd that people are "outraged" about this even though Obama isn't using these as much as others???

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Maybe people are just learning about how big the problem has been and are speaking out. Obama just happens to be president.

Not everything is personal and we need to quit making excuses that the other guys did it.

No I'm not curious that it's starting under Obama. Lots of people are just waking up and learning.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Tell you what.

If Romney gets elected I'll make a thread in 2016 for the sole purpose of pointing out how many EOs he issued, and how they are contributing to corruption and stealing freedoms. Because I am sure they would.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm criticizing him because he is a corrupt politician, who says one thing and does another. Because he is perpetuating an apparently long tradition of Presidents who choose to bypass the constitutional process.

He is just as bad as Bush was. I don't understand why anyone would defend him.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Maybe people are just learning about how big the problem has been and are speaking out. Obama just happens to be president.

Not everything is personal and we need to quit making excuses that the other guys did it.

No I'm not curious that it's starting under Obama. Lots of people are just waking up and learning.

Absolutely. I agree.
I also think more people are watching world events. 2012 is so much in the world's consciousness now that everybody is paying closer attention to the who, what, where, when, and hows of Our Times since the popularization of the last days.
edit on 5-8-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I find the whole issue of the EO's disturbing at the level they have come to be used. BO isn't the first but I don't recall ever getting out of something I did wrong by saying everyone else does it too...and he gets no pass either. Bad behavior is just as bad whether he's following a parade or the one who invented it. Having said that, there are things about this President that cause him to stand out, more than just a bit. I do love this about Obama. He says what he's going to do and then he does just what he said. Too many people still just don't take him at his word. Well.. I certainly do. Lets see his words on EO's lately.

From Nevada, in 2011:

President Barack Obama told an audience in Nevada on Monday that he will be regularly announcing “executive actions” his administration will take to “heal the economy” without the “dysfunctional” Congress.

“I’m here to say to all of you and to say to the people of Nevada and the people of Las Vegas, we can’t wait for an increasingly dysfunctional Congress to do its job. Where they won’t act, I will,” Obama said.

“I’ve told my administration to keep looking every single day for actions we can take without Congress, steps that can save consumers money, make government more efficient and responsive, and help heal the economy. And we’re going to be announcing these executive actions on a regular basis,” the president said.

Source

and in Colorado, 2011:

"We can't wait for Congress to do its job. So where they won't act, I will," Obama told students at the University of Colorado-Denver. "We're going to look every single day to figure out what we can do without Congress."

On all three initiatives, Obama used his executive authority rather than seeking legislation. That limited the scope of his actions, but it enabled him to blow by his Republican critics.

Obama has used executive orders to set ethics rules, clarify labor laws, promote diversity in the workplace and discourage texting while driving. He's also frozen foreign assets invested in the U.S. from Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia and Syria.

This week's actions came in areas controlled largely by Congress, such as housing and education. As a result, their impact will be more limited. The veterans employment initiative, for instance, amounts largely to challenging community health centers to hire them.
Source

Now if we totally remove all references to what other Presidents have done which may somehow mitigate the damage this man is doing, then I have a hard time seeing where his attitude isn't downright disturbing and his actions, increasingly scary. If he loses, I can only imagine the blur of his pen for the rest of November and December. Merry Xmas indeed....but he can slow down on the Royal Decrees anytime now.

If Congress is letting the executive branch walk on them, that is their disgrace and more reason to vote them all out. Both parties. For the record though, I don't believe Obama could do half what he has without Bush laying the foundation. It took both of them, one from each party, to bring us to the mess we're in now.

....and he's still at it ...writing more of them,

edit on 5-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You are not allowed to talk bad about our current President, because EVERYTHING this man does, is great, in his eyes, and his supporters eyes. Hes the "do nothing wrong" President......

YOU might be the first one I'll add to my ATS foe list....

Never mind

<< 1    3 >>

join