It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children For Real???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One example.......My best friend Raven had fallen, landed on her elbow and damaged the nerves there. It was quite painful as nerve damage usually is. She had been seeing an occupational therapist but wasn't making progress. She came to visit one day when Gaia was about 10 months old. Gaia wanted her Auntie Raven to play with her. Raven explained to Gaia that her arm was badly injured and if anything even touched her skin it was painful but that she would sit on the floor with her for a few minutes. "Just dont touch!" she said. Gaia walked over to her, said "It's OK", put both hands on Auntie Raven's forearm, then lowered her forehead between her hands til it was also touching her arm. After about 15 seconds Gaia raised her head, looked at me, smiled and said I did it. Auntie Raven has never had even a twinge of nerve pain since.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Her speech is very developed for 10 months, it looks like she had over a year head start in her speech patterns compared to most children that don't use pronouns such as "I" until about 2 years old. It seems you may have a gifted child. Tell us some more of your examples.

I have attached a speech progression table for you to compare her skills with:

www.lpch.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
When Gaia was a little over a year old I took a trip with Raven and Gaia stayed with my oldest daughter who is 20. I was over 1000 miles away from her when I had a dream about her. In my dream she was crying and wanted me to come home. I asked her if it was just that she missed me and she said no. She opened her mouth and showed me that her gums were bleeding. She was getting more teeth quite quickly. The dream woke me up and I called my daughter to make sure Gaia was ok. She told me that Gaia was asleep so I sent her to check on her. When she came back to the phone she told me that Gaia was whinning and saying "Mima" which is what she calls me. She said "Don't worry Mom. I'm sure she is fine but there is blood on her cheek." I think Gaia put the pictures in my head. She's done things like that since she was born.

PS Thank you for the information.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Sounds like one arrogant prick.

Deep

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Actually, Gaia is quite sweet and incredibly loving. She can be difficult at times but that's fairly normal for any child. I suppose she could become an "arrogant prick" when she grows up if she is not raised in an appropriate manor, which is why I was hoping to get some insight from my fellow ATS members. ~really wishing she had come with instruction booklet~

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Even if she is 22 months, how in the world do you assume she is an indigo child ?

The origins of such children are found in Vedic teachings; Many teachings extol such children before the Golden Age, this is something of which i studied years ago, and sadly, cannot recite it now. We do have members in this site of Vedic teachings, you may want to contact them.

WorldWatcher, and Surfup, are two that come to mind.

Deep

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm not assuming anything. I was told by a couple members that they thought she may be an indigo child. I am only trying to find out if its a possibility and if so is there anything special I should be doing for her. I really would rather not put a lable on her but I do want to make sure her needs are met. Since I have no experience with this, I am hoping that someone here will and wont mind sharing their insight.

If you have info to share but would rather do that privately feel free to U2U me or contact me on Yahoo Messenger. My ID is wutevrmayxuhape.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Every child should be raised with a conclusions that they are special, the contexual definition of what special is may differ from parent to parent, but the child should be regarded as such.

I would recomend not jumping onto the Indigo bandwagon yet, but, more so, have the child examined by a child pyschologist who can determine wether or not the child is a cut above the rest.

Also* Make sure she learns more than one language, and the ability to play a musical instrument is always warrants a higher intelect..

Deep

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sounds like great advice! Thank you. She already plays a recorder and is exploring the different sounds it makes when she covers the holes. She loves music. She has a nice set of tingsha bells too. I have to pass on the psychologist though. If they found out I believed Gaia could put pictures in my head we'd both be heavily medicated!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know much about it, but random people have told me my daughter is an Indigo child. I'm not so sure about the term.

I am very over-protective in terms of who is able to spend time with her because she has no boundries in terms of who she will approach and engage in conversation with. She also has a special connection to animals. Crows have followed her around and animals that do not usually approach humans immediately take to her. My friend has a farm of 28 animals that I house sat for this summer, there are 2 goats that never approach anyone, but took to my daughter and everyday for 4 weeks they nuzzled near her.

She is a magnet to the most abstract people too. It throws me off because they seem to communicate with her without words.

I don't know either way but my daughter is without a doubt special. People are quick to label things, I am not so sold on the term Indigo child. I just think that different people have different abilities and talents.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thats awesome! How old is your daughter? When Gaia was about 3 months old a bird flew into my shop and landed near her. She looked at it and it flew over and landed on her chest. She cooed and giggled and he wee little birdie sang to her. It was amazing and beautiful!! A few months after that we were out on the balcony at home and the same thing happened. I've never seen anything like it. She seems to just talk to them and they love her. Horses, rabbits, dogs, cats, birds and once a deer. It didnt come all the way over to her but I suspect it would have had I not been there. I'd love to hear more about your daughter.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Narnia, had you ever heard of indigo children before people told you your daughter was one?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow, now i know that i'm not an Indigo Child; one of my birds flew away, and the other bites me everytime i try to pet it. I'm only 21, maybe it will kick in afterwards. I tend to believe that we all have a special and integral part to play in the world.

Deep

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Narnia, had you ever heard of indigo children before people told you your daughter was one?

Actually no, and I still don't know anything about them, I have just randomly heard it on several occasions from complete strangers. The people that have mentioned it all had a creepy(not in a bad way) vibe to them.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Deep, I totally agree. We all have a special place / purpose. And just cuz your bird bites you doesn't change that.
But I believe, because I live with the proof, that some are more special than others. I wonder if those individuals will also have more responsibilities than the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Thats awesome! How old is your daughter?

Mine is 3 and a half. The first time I heard that term was when she was 8 months old at this woman's birthday party. All the people there were the metaphysical type. Again, I think people are quick to put labels on each other. Perhaps it is just her personal skill in life as others have different talents.

She is also really good with insects, like spiders and such. There is an orb spider and its' web outside our front door. Every morning she talks to it and I swear it is listening to her. It doesn't scurry off or anything she named it Charlotte. I have many animal and insect stories of her and her interactions with them.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia
Actually no, and I still don't know anything about them, I have just randomly heard it on several occasions from complete strangers. The people that have mentioned it all had a creepy(not in a bad way) vibe to them.

Me neither. Couldn't think of a better place to find someone who might know either.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Narnia, I have so many questions for you. I need to slow my brain down.
Do you ever feel like she puts pictures in your head? Are you in anyway psychic? What's her sign? And your's? I wonder if there are similarities between you and I. Do you have other children? There's more but if I don't get to bed she will be awake long before I am ready to get up.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicdawg
As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child (named by those who predicted it).

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

www.indigochild.com...

Wow, that makes me feel like an indigo child, when did they start appearing? in the past two decades?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help you but I consider myself an Indigo Child but have a different view than a lot of people. I think "Indigo Children" are simply the incarnation of evolving humans. With the advent of micro-technology and unified information, humans have massively greater access to knowledge and gain a wider view of the world around them than previous generations ever have. In turn they are simply 'different' than any generation before. They generally are smarter, wiser, and more compassionate.

I could link this to the studies that humans potential 12 strand DNA is starting to reactivate. For milennia humans have used only 2 strands of their DNA as the rest is dormant. Slowly humanity is using more and more of their potential; their DNA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join