It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children For Real???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In reference to my daughter who is 22 months and simply amazing, I have heard the phrase "a true indigo child" many times. I have found information online about indigos but would like opinions about this subject. Do you believe in Indigo children? Should I be doing anything special for her in regard to education / instruction? Should I fear for her safety? Any info would be appreciated......
Thank You

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ummm... what's an Indigo child?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
[edit on 10-10-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child (named by those who predicted it).

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

www.indigochild.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
well, if you want to follow the prophecy to a T. Your child would be considered a crystaline or crystal child. The indigo children's generation has already came and gone. The main purpose of the indigo children was to 'pave the way' for the crystal children who are said to bring about peace in the world.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
What timeperiod was these Indigo children born?
Actually some informative links about this would be nice.

I wonder if that kid at the pizzaplace this weekend who answered his mother that he wanted ONLY MUSHROOMS AND MUD on his pizza was a Crystal Kid ?

That was just too funny.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well if that is the only way to tell an Indigo Child, the author of this thread should not be able to tell. At 22 months it would not seem that any of those items could be articulated or rationally expressed by the child, Is there another way that someone would be able to tell they had an Indigo or Crystal child other than waiting for their child to develop to an age where they can communicate this understanding?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Indigo child is a BS made up by lunatic New Age persons who brainwash sheeple moms.

But however, there is a little bit of truth in all that. There are children that are born different. Science labels them as children with Asperger's syndrome, New Age lunatics totally misguide people who now all with to think they have some amazing Indigo children. Yet they got all information from some creature called "Kryon". As I said, lunatics. Those parents who have totally normal children and then say they are Indigo are totally wrong and simply want to think they have the greatest children on earth...

They are rare, 1 in 100 and they are not super nice amazing superhumans with some blue diamond eyes as you might imagine...
They have high mental capabilities but they are extremely problematic. Simply they are completely different. There is no way of knowing that with a child which is 22 months old... They usually change at 3 years age and become weird and silent. At age 6 they start talking about aliens and space travel.
Many of them don't make it through school system or commit suicide.

But as I said, many of those Indigo and Asperger's children/people are not real, but simply misdiagnosed. I am one of those real people and it is my opinion that this is much deeper phenomena that has not been truly explained or researched at all.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dawnaj
What timeperiod was these Indigo children born?
Actually some informative links about this would be nice.

Its my understanding that Indigo children were born around the 60's and crystal children are their children or children born the generation after indigo children. Please correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
well, if you want to follow the prophecy to a T. Your child would be considered a crystaline or crystal child. The indigo children's generation has already came and gone. The main purpose of the indigo children was to 'pave the way' for the crystal children who are said to bring about peace in the world.

You seem to be at least somewhat knowlageable on this subject. Mind filling us in a bit???

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My only problem is that you get people that say. "I am, I'm an Indigo Child" I have problems when people just pop up with, in enssence, something that most, if real would not do......like I said in another thread, look around this site and see witch members you honestly feel are experienced in Metaphysics or the Paranormal...NOT just those that are always posting on the topic but those that seem to have more experience............you'll find they are not the ones that always in the paranormal forum, usually with good reason...there's a lot of drivel in there that I for one, just shake my head at. It's kinda the same with the Indigo Child rhetoric, most that are true....keep to themselves....

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Well if that is the only way to tell an Indigo Child, the author of this thread should not be able to tell. At 22 months it would not seem that any of those items could be articulated or rationally expressed by the child, Is there another way that someone would be able to tell they had an Indigo or Crystal child other than waiting for their child to develop to an age where they can communicate this understanding?

I started this thread because in another thread that I can no longer find someone was pointing out things we could expect to see in the future. The author of that thread said something along the lines of the predictions about super babies "is crap". I posted the story of my daughter's birth. And someone posted a reply stating my child sounded like a true indigo. I wanted more info. I will gladly tell you some of the extraordinary things she has done in her first 22 months if you would like to know up to and including healing people, telling my family about the birth of my granddaughter before we knew she had even be concieved and more. Obviously in normal children, it would be difficult to identify some of the charachteristics mentioned in the list above. However, I can identify them in Gaia (my daughter). I am the mother of 5 children, all special of course because I am predjuidiced. But none like Gaia (a name she chose herself). I don't know if she is a "crystal/indigo child", that is why I asked for information. As a responsible parent, I would like to do all I can to encourage her on her path and keep her safe and healthy. I can do that better if I am informed.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Indigo child is a BS made up by lunatic New Age persons who brainwash sheeple moms.

But however, there is a little bit of truth in all that. There are children that are born different. Science labels them as children with Asperger's syndrome, New Age lunatics totally misguide people who now all with to think they have some amazing Indigo children. Yet they got all information from some creature called "Kryon". As I said, lunatics. Those parents who have totally normal children and then say they are Indigo are totally wrong and simply want to think they have the greatest children on earth...

They are rare, 1 in 100 and they are not super nice amazing superhumans with some blue diamond eyes as you might imagine...
They have high mental capabilities but they are extremely problematic. Simply they are completely different. There is no way of knowing that with a child which is 22 months old... They usually change at 3 years age and become weird and silent. At age 6 they start talking about aliens and space travel.
Many of them don't make it through school system or commit suicide.

But as I said, many of those Indigo and Asperger's children/people are not real, but simply misdiagnosed. I am one of those real people and it is my opinion that this is much deeper phenomena that has not been truly explained or researched at all.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Megaquad]

Now there's some happy news!
I think I would rather believe that my daughter is exceptional than believe that she has an illness that may ruin her life. But I do appreciate the info and will look into it. As I said.... I want to do what's best for her.

[edit on 10/11/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

My only problem is that you get people that say. "I am, I'm an Indigo Child" I have problems when people just pop up with, in enssence, something that most, if real would not do......like I said in another thread, look around this site and see witch members you honestly feel are experienced in Metaphysics or the Paranormal...NOT just those that are always posting on the topic but those that seem to have more experience............you'll find they are not the ones that always in the paranormal forum, usually with good reason...there's a lot of drivel in there that I for one, just shake my head at. It's kinda the same with the Indigo Child rhetoric, most that are true....keep to themselves....

Which is why I talk openly here. No one here knows me or my daughter and probably never will. We are fairly safe here right?

PS Love the "freudian" slip....which = witch. And your avatar is great!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's nonsense. I've seen this kind of child throughout my life, and I'm sure that other older people have as well. They weren't born in some sort of "cosmic wave."

In fact, you'll find all (or almost all) of those traits in almost everyone alive (depending on which culture they were raised in.) Many of those are traits of very intelligent people (geniuses) and they ARE a challenge to raise. This doesn't mean that they're from outer space or have weird genes.

I think (seriously) that the best thing you can do is to NOT "label" her as an indigo/crystal child. If she shows an interest in something, teach her but be aware of how society will treat her. If she toddles off to school and announces she's special because she's an "Inidgo child" and a healer, I can guarantee that she will get shunned, mocked, and tormented and be the subject of extreme abuse by her peers and that these situations may be overlooked by the adults.

That's too high a price to pay for any kid.

My daughter's Wiccan. When she was old enough to know her own interests, we talked about it, and talked about the dangers of it and the responsibility of treading that path (she has a good deal of healing ability... as do I.) I gave her books and suggestions, but I didn't force labels on her and I never tried to fill her with the "Indigo child" nonsense (though she fits the profile to a T) because that would have caused her more harm than good.

The best thing for a child is to help them grow up in ways that they can deal comfortably with society... because that's where they'll spend the rest of their life. Make them too different and you strip the possibility that they can find people to be friends with and people to love.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Harmonious One,
There is a lot of information "out there", I don't judge what is real and what is not I go with instinct and just Knowing, take what resonates and leave the rest. My son is 7 now and demands respect, lives by integrity, does not fit the mold of the other four siblings and I have had to change all the old ways of raising him, thank goodness he's the youngest.

We were standing on our deck one night, he was three, he pointed to the stars and said thats my home. My life has not been the same since he came to live with me.
The answers are inside your heart and your daughters, share your stories but look within for your answers.

www.nibiruancouncil.com...

"This race of beings has incarnated into families on earth, I believe since around 1970 though some may have come earlier. When they enter a family, they unconsciously establish a mental web within the family unit. This mental web allows them to access and feel all the emotions of the other family members.

When everyone in the family is expressing their own emotions, speaking their truth and being honest about their feelings, the mental web is a wonderful experience and allows the Indigo child or Web child to feel the full range of emotions moving into and out of his/her emotional body. This enables them to gently integrate the feelings of the lower chakras in a balanced way. But, when the family is not in its integrity, not expressing their feelings and not speaking their truth, the unexpressed emotions reach a toxic level and when those toxic emotions move into the emotional body of the Web child, he/she reacts and acts them out in order to release them and thus reduce the level of emotions to a safer level.

Their reaction is often incomprehensible to us and our lack of understanding only adds more pain to their already overloaded emotional bodies. We are not used to seeing children who don�t pay attention, demand respect, act out in class, become irrationally angry, are hopelessly bored and choose isolation over interaction. In our bewilderment we turn to drugs and medicate our Web children, thinking that by suppressing their emotional bodies and their pain, we can borrow enough time to find a cure. "

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne

Now there's some happy news!
I think I would rather believe that my daughter is exceptional than believe that she has an illness that may ruin her life. But I do appreciate the info and will look into it. As I said.... I want to do what's best for her.
[edit on 10/11/04 by HarmoniusOne]

Well there are good things in having such a child.. they are somewhat problematic in childhood, but when they grow up, they can change the world, become new Nikola Tesla, Einstein or Bill Gates and be truly great genius individuals.

Problem is not within them but in the environment which expects them to be just like everyone else.
Just keep such children out of reach from other children who hurt them and medications/evil psychiatrists and allow them to explore their potential since they know their talent best.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ibelieve,

Thank you so much for your insight and understanding. I know Gaia is not the only one. She told me so. It is interesting, amazing and sometimes difficult to live with a child that is small on the outside but beyond me on the inside. I look forward to seeing what comes from her next.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Well there are good things in having such a child.. they are somewhat problematic in childhood, but when they grow up, they can change the world, become new Nikola Tesla, Einstein or Bill Gates and be truly great genius individuals.

Problem is not within them but in the environment which expects them to be just like everyone else.
Just keep such children out of reach from other children who hurt them and medications/evil psychiatrists and allow them to explore their potential since they know their talent best.

If Gaia has anything to say about it, she'll be the next Ghandi!! Thank you for the advice. It is appreciated.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I will gladly tell you some of the extraordinary things she has done in her first 22 months if you would like to know up to and including healing people, telling my family about the birth of my granddaughter before we knew she had even be concieved and more.

Thanks for offering, I would love to hear about the things she has done. How did she heal people, how did she tell your family about the borth of your granddaughter (speech, telepathy)?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join