It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is the longer 11 minute version of the Curiosity Rover Animation video:

The detail and sound effects are pretty amazing... (recommend watching it in full screen)

This 11-minute animation depicts key events of NASA's Mars Science Laboratory mission, which will launch in late 2011 and land a rover, Curiosity, on Mars in August 2012. A shorter 4-minute version of this animation, with narration, is also available on our youtube page.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by ButterCookie

It's all about getting public sentiment on their side. They want future funding for their missions as you said. Does this mission even really exist? How would we know if we were conned? Even their own scientists wouldn't know. If it crashes there is another rover somewhere in the desert to link to. Nobody will know until some lizard decides to climb on the rover. Did they need to spend a couple of billion on this program, question the whole thing and not just the inflated costs?

start a thread about any fake landing or conspiracy related subjects. this thread is for the actual landing of curiostiy.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
O.K. log in people..'

getting really cool in here...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by elitegamer23
the sad thing about america is not one person i work with out of 120 will even have a clue we just landed a kick butt robot on the surface of mars over night.

I can't agree with you more. Quite depressing when all that people care about is "You see Tony Stewart hit the wall yesterday?" or "I had to crawl under the house this weekend and fix a water leak."

People are so mundane.

that is what would have made living during the actual moon landing so awesome.
the whole world gave a crap!

i would have cried to witness that live.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The rover is in the vicinity of the outer moon..

so far so good..

sweet

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
The rover is in the vicinity of the outer moon..

so far so good..

sweet

its going perfect really. they had a chance a couple hours ago to make any last second adjustments for its trajectory but its on such a perfect course they just let it be.

its all up to curiosity now!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Only 66 minutes to go. I'm getting really excited now.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Only 66 minutes to go. I'm getting really excited now.

me too.

just imagine the nerves and excitement at nasa right now. would be magical to be there when they know it has landed.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
o.k..

looking good so far..

stay with me guy and gals..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Man what I wouldn't give to be standing there in the Gaile crater when this comes blasting in.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Nearly as nervous as I was last night waiting for Bolt to win the 100 meters!
Let's hope this goes as well to plan.
Fingers and all else crossed.
Go Curiosity
edit on 5-8-2012 by EcoMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by EcoMan because: Spelling typo

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
41mins..
woooo

countdown link
L ink

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Apparently its going to be a few days before we see the video of the landing , maybe a few weeks before the first high res picture and maybe a few months before they drive it anywhere to do some experiments.

If that is true..

then what the heck are we supposed to be watching the live link for????

tonight isnt about seeing all the amazing pictures right away. its about seeing that one picture that shows its on the ground. mostly its about knowing we just landed a sweet robot on mars.

its a two year mission we will see tons of amazing video and pictures over time.

i cant wait to see the cheers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Bobak Ferdowsi has the perfect hair for landing night. (two-tone mohawk)
Best Haircut of the JPL Mission Control Team

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
woo hooo..

gonna ge t hot in there...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
For the dutch viewers.....

Expected touchdown at 7:31 am (dutch-time) monday morning.

source: here
edit on 5/8/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

So that means 0630, Monday morning here in the UK then......awesome................cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah. What did they say, there's only 500 kilobits (or was it bytes? Can't remember) of bandwidth, and essentially all of it is going to be devoted to thermal info during descent?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i'm in the uk, and woke up naturally at 5am to get up and watch this, i hope it's the groundbreaking affair that it should be.

i can't help wondering what would happen if it were our planet that something from another planet is about to land on, whether there would be people there to watch it touch down and see what it does.

i truly hope we get the genuine pics, undoctored in ANY way, and that we finally get some proper answers about mars and its history.

33 odd mins to go!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hope there's no peanut allergies in that room!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
i'm in the uk, and woke up naturally at 5am to get up and watch this, i hope it's the groundbreaking affair that it should be.

i can't help wondering what would happen if it were our planet that something from another planet is about to land on, whether there would be people there to watch it touch down and see what it does.

i truly hope we get the genuine pics, undoctored in ANY way, and that we finally get some proper answers about mars and its history.

33 odd mins to go!

Interesting thought, I like that.................BRILL................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join