Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Billion dollars was spent and i find it funny they couldn't get a better camera manufactured.

I find it sad that you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. That you haven't bothered to understand what was expected and is expected from Curiosity. That you have no idea what it will be doing.

I know what i'm talking about , you're not sure what i'm talking about.

Decipher what i've meant.

edit on 6-8-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have a better idea.
Tell me what cameras are on Curiosity and what their capabilities are.
edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Maybe we could stop stuffing our fat faces and give some money to NASA?

I believe someone in the control room said last night that the money spent amounted to $7 per person in the US.

For those of us unable to work that $7 is a LOT of money...

Really? C'mon now. The U.S. defense budget for 2011 was $1.19 TRILLION - so roughly $3,800 per person. The U.S. outspent China by almost 6 to 1 and they are #2 on the list. Are you really going to make an argument that this $7 was a lot?

Sorry if i'm getting off topic, I don't mean to derail the thread. I just think space exploration is so vital and we choose to spend excessively on things that do not benefit us as a global society yet the majority don't seem to mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

that first picture you posted what do you think of it?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Learning if life existed on Mars might be an interesting fact but given the course of our world, there isn't enough time to make space anything more then a hobby. We are on a destruction course.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

uh....that's from a years old satellite. Why are you convinced NASA is lying?

To put it blatantly, if they were lying, they'd land a man, not a Ford Pinto.

Oh, and

xkcd.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

all the more reason to have an exit strategy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nice time to find an alien artefact as

1. It is 2012.
2. Everyone is expecting something to happen at the time of the Olympics.
3. The media have trained the sheeple to accept that aliens exist over the past few years i.e. epidemic of alien films.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Sending a couple of people off to survive while 6 or more billion die? The universe should kill them quickly because the life form is a failure.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If the insanity of the 6 billion cannot be stopped I would happily send 600 off to another world to live.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

If the insanity of the 6 billion cannot be stopped I would happily send 600 off to another world to live.

Those billion's could have been applied to re-building are infrastructure...Pride first, then the fall.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Those billion's could have been applied to re-building are infrastructure...Pride first, then the fall.

Yup six billion people (what he was talking about) could do a lot of work on infrastructure.
edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Not if they're dead. As with just 600 survivors, I honestly doubt infrastructure will be a thing. We're talking about essentially restarting from scratch. 12,000 years of history erased.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yes probably so.
It is a good way to keep people in fear and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I don't see why. It mentions aliens in most religious texts. Maybe the translators changed the wording, but even then it's sort of hard to fathom how saying a group of people came to Earth and then left could mean anything but aliens.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Only if it's managed poorly.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

How? That truth has always been readily visible. Even the ancient Egyptians knew the world was round. Jesus probably was born into an era where they taught it in schools.

What you call religion is just the byproduct of survivors of the last Apocalypse trying to fathom what was understood by their fathers. Most of the common scientific facts we take for granted were pretty obviously noted in most ancient religions.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks all for contributing to this thread..

I really appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Only if it's managed poorly.

Or managed well. It depends on what side one is.
Management or the managed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
...3. The media have trained the sheeple to accept that aliens exist over the past few years i.e. epidemic of alien films.

What do you mean by "over the past few years". Aliens have been in popular culture for a very long time now. One of the first films ever made, A Trip to the Moon, made in 1902, featured "moon-men". 1930s movie serials such as Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers usually included aliens. Aliens were a huge part of 1950s science fiction films.

Pulp fiction stories written in the 1930s often involved aliens. There were aliens in novels from the 1800s. The popular idea that other intelligent life lived elsewhere in the universe is a very old idea. Some of the intellectuals of the American Revolution believed that life could exist elsewhere.

...So if references of aliens in popular culture is an attempt by TPTB to desensitize us, then they seem to be taking their own sweet time doing so. What makes references to aliens in movies today any different?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join