It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Are we going to see colour pictures soon?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Least I caught it so now it can be brought up for discussion.

Thankfully there is a photo. A photo that NASA may not want us to have.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Geez, settle down. I mean, are you on your period or something? Look up how much it costs to colonize Mars and get back to me. However, I was looking at it purely from the current technology and colonization standpoint, and have not considered the possibility of technological improvements and being UFOs ourselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Just got done watching the interviews again.

This is the quote.
" the money 2.4 billion dollars, we don't put it in the rover and send it to mars, we spend it here on earth and Charles mentioned at the beginning, that this whole enterprise, if you divided it be every woman child and man in this country comes out to be the cost of a movie. I know I speak on behalf of all my colleges in science, that's a movie I want to see.

"we spend it here on earth" (meaning the justification of spending that amount of money is that we can learn from it)
" comes out to be the cost of a movie" (about 10 dollars these days)
"Thats a movie I want to see" (meaning to go on and explore with the rover is something they are interested in)

There are plenty of posts and forums dedicated to investigating images. But I think the OP was more interested in celebrating the joy and accomplishment that was overcome by NASA.

NP6888 this was not in response to your current post.

edit on 6-8-2012 by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

The recorded stream from the second downlink is now posted on UStream. www.ustream.tv...

At 1:13:15 you hear someone talking about an "artifact" in one of the photos (although it's likely they're just discussing artifacts from the haz cam resolution)

around the 1:32:00 mark is the image you were talking about. Interesting how he keeps maneuvering the picture up on the big screen until you cant see the dots anymore...

I'd say it's highly unlikely that any pictures showing any type of legitimate anomalies would ever make it onto the broadcast, but it's definitely worth another look.

Also... where is the second picture from the front-facing haz cam after removal of the dust covers? Did I miss something or did they not show it?
edit on 6-8-2012 by themajesticm00se because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan

Either way there is no way to know what it is.

Its most likely the cursor from the mouse they were using.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

Either way there is no way to know what it is.

Its most likely the cursor from the mouse they were using.

Pretty sure this cap is from around the 1:32:30 mark in the UStream here:

Looks like the cursor to me www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but where are the high resolution colour images? these pictures are no better than the ones they took in the 70s ,i really hope these are just preliminary images and they are able to take better photos,i guess they have to tint all the photos correctly first..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

These pictures were taken with Curiosity's on-board hazard cameras. Shooting only in black & white, their purpose is to detect any nearby objects on the ground that could potentially damage the rover.

It could take up to a week for them to deploy the full color higher-res camera

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

these images were basic shots to make sure they were in the right place and oriented correctly ( didn't land upside down and to satisfy the press and people interested in this)
Color images will be later this week after the more important systems are tested first. I don't believe there will be any tinting to the photos that Curiosity takes as it has new "true color" cameras on board. Supposedly the colors are what your eye would see if you were standing on mars.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faitheliza

Apparently this is one of the first pictures the rover took... has anyone seen this? Is it real or fake?

Nice one!
I wish it was true. Unless, well, it is a tad to much alike the incubator critters in the Alien movies....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am rather amused by how much NASA are commenting that the pictures are low-res.
Yes, thank you NASA I can see that.
As I have been able to do with all pictures from NASA so far in my life.
Moon or Mars, no matter, the pictures will still be low-res (and black/grey/white)...
Easier to handle for the communications link, understood, but still...
edit on 6-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Yea it does suck for now, just gotta wait a few days hopefully.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by themajesticm00se

"Adjusted the contrast to eliminate the foreground so that you can´t see the gravel now, and in front of us it just looks dark".

Above was said regarding the picture maneuvering you mentioned.
Well how nice of him to do that for us, I did for sure not want to see any of that d**n gravel, such a nuisance that gravel is...
Could it have anything to do with the bright dots in the picture.

edit on 6-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

Originally posted by Faitheliza

Apparently this is one of the first pictures the rover took... has anyone seen this? Is it real or fake?

Nice one!
I wish it was true. Unless, well, it is a tad to much alike the incubator critters in the Alien movies....

Nailed it

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245
Excuse my ignorance but where are the high resolution colour images? these pictures are no better than the ones they took in the 70s ,i really hope these are just preliminary images and they are able to take better photos,i guess they have to tint all the photos correctly first..

Makes sense that the first official pictures are low-res, since it would be easier to deny any strange and unexpected findings in the pictures as noise, lens-dirt or other things.
Perhaps they are prepared for something out of the ordinary to happen.
Imagine a crisp high-res picture showing something they do not want. Ops! Hard to deny that

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Yea it does suck for now, just gotta wait a few days hopefully.

Indeed. Enough time for them to scan the area and make sure we do not get to see anything we should not.
Sorry but this is a conspiracy website, I have to bring a little bit of that into this

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Poor guy.
He was just sitting there awkwardly for the longest time but he kept his smile and optimism.
Makes me happy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
As much as I would love for them to find flying saucers hovering above mars wondering what this machine with 6 wheels is doing on their planet. I think the dots are nothing, possibly stars during the sunset. The hazcams are equipped with near IR flilters Engineering cameras page 1
This means the cameras will detect and image infrared wavelengths of light, sometimes not captured by the human eye. I really think they are setting stars, and in the one screenshot posted by another user the lower dot is actually a crosshair from a mouse pointer.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Agreed, I do not think it will be anything especially crazy. Perhaps some bacterias if we are lucky.
It is just fun to speculate

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join