It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by uberangel

Over?
The presents haven't been unwrapped yet!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan

I totally understand, I just can't believe the amount of friends I have that don't know the Olympics started.

You too huh? I can understand if they didn't care... but just don't know. I don't think they pay attention. But this is like majorly wow... and everytime I've mentioned Curiosity to someone they have no idea too. But if you mention something bad like a murder... oh they know about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Over?
The presents haven't been unwrapped yet!

I like the attitude.... maybe we'll get some great footage! I'd love to be on the team watching it... analyzing it...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just got an email that Curiosity's cam is supposed to go live in 60 mins on ustream.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Simply Awesome!!!
This is sweet...been waiting a while for this one

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Oh I know I know lol. Odd, but I think a lot of people are to afraid to watch the news anymore.
Strange though how everyone uses social media, yet no one posts stuff as interesting as this.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
Very patriotic speech, it's all about the super power of America, no one else. Not a feat for humanity, just America.

m'kay.

Yeah, how dare America expose itself being at the forefront of science and engineering. This could be a setback to anti-Americanism and the agenda you've been suckered into believing.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
My thoughts:

With this mission they will eventually announce they found microbial life in a sample. Bringing to light the idea of life out there.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Possible, but Curiosity isn't really set up to find microbial life as such. It's looking for much more basic aspects of life and the conditions which may have supported it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece
My thoughts:

With this mission they will eventually announce they found microbial life in a sample. Bringing to light the idea of life out there.

I hope so... I shall check again when I awake in the morning
Good Night all ats friends

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Dust covers should be off, next set of photos should be much clearer.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Yipppieeee more data is on its way!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Thanks for the heads up on that - Watching the stream again... It's great to watch them in their mission environment while they await the second downlink.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Oh its awesome to see them all so excited! Im trying to look at the screens to see if anything is loading lol

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm watching the UStream feed, and I SWEAR I heard someone in the background a few minutes ago say something about an "artifact" while they were standing around waiting (a few moments before the marble tradition)

anyone else hear that?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
lol well now im annoyed, I don't know how the cam is supposed to be up if the pass is going to be so low its only going to be limited data.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by themajesticm00se

I did hear that but I didn't know if they were referring to an image artifact, like when you upload a photo and only a little shows up at first.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Geeez how long does it take to upload 512x512 to NASA's website??

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
That white dot in the air of the elongated photo...Everybody was excited about the picture.

what was that? It caught my eye right away.

And get this, they're not going to do that downlink again. THat was the one and only time. Dammit I should have screen shotted that.

They're all say the image was awesome. Somebody better be recording this.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

I didnt see the dot, but the clearer images should be available soon on curiositys website. I think they are waiting till psd morning time to download anything else.

Raw photos

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join