It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A logical deduction on how to live life (without bias or social constructs)...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Being is constant becoming

When will you be complete?

Time and energy and my will,, will eventually decide the date i reach my end,, that is when my life will be complete,, when its completely over.,.,.., until then, time and energy will force me to move, and flux, and work, and wake, and adapt,,, yes constantly being,,, obviously all things that be,,, are......... but also constantly changing,, and becoming,,,, a second older, a second stronger,, in an hour more full,,, a few more hours empty again,,, gain energy to spend it on work,, to gain money to spend it on energy.... all being,,,, but also becoming,,,completing,,, but also beginning,

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by openlocks

You might appreciate this talk by Nathan Gill which sums up what you say:
youtu.be...

Mind blowing stuff.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Hmmm... Interesting. Thanks.

Reminds me of Tony Parsons.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Becoming is the illusion, all already is. You keep bringing up biological evolution as evidence for a becoming, but that is a conceptual construct that we established from looking back at what appears to be a chain of endless causation, but it is just a single movement, where forms appear and disappear like waves of an ocean. Nothing is becoming anything. All there is, is this, and it is amazing to know that this appears to be so mind boggling diverse and complex. Not two blades of grass, not two grains of sand, on earth are identical. And yet, with all this diversity, it is all just a single movement. What is this becoming when it is all there is?

Get up, go to work/school, become a mother/father or a doctor or a friend... and yet you are still just you.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

Becoming is the illusion, all already is. You keep bringing up biological evolution as evidence for a becoming, but that is a conceptual construct that we established from looking back at what appears to be a chain of endless causation, but it is just a single movement, where forms appear and disappear like waves of an ocean. Nothing is becoming anything. All there is, is this, and it is amazing to know that this appears to be so mind boggling diverse and complex. Not two blades of grass, not two grains of sand, on earth are identical. And yet, with all this diversity, it is all just a single movement. What is this becoming when it is all there is?

Get up, go to work/school, become a mother/father or a doctor or a friend... and yet you are still just you.

The way you are describing the movement sounds still/static, which is the opposite deffiniton of movement,,, think of a musical movement,,. the way youre describing reality is as if reality was a musical piece composed of one single tuba note constantly vibrating,, one wave.,,.,., but really reality is a musical piece more complex then if there were infinite Mozart writing infinite scores over infinite time,,.,.,. reality is energy interacting in time,, as music is sound interacting in time,.,., both of these things have distinguished changes within the whole system,, flux,, growth,, dynamics, order, harmony, measurement, movement,, etc..... im not trying to play semantics with ya anymore,,, i understand everything you have said,,i just dont think the words you muster up to describe reality are completely accurate to the way reality describes reality.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This is Tony Parsons speaking about why there is a belief in 'becoming'.
youtu.be...

The individual believes it has to 'become' to be whole because there is a feeling of loss and lack.
Awakening is where the individual (idea) drops away. When this happens the feeling of loss and lack also drops away and what we long for is found.

The belief in becoming is the belief in more and this belief says 'I can be more'.
What if you realized that you cannot be more? What if you realized completeness, wholeness?

edit on 10-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The way you are describing the movement sounds still/static, which is the opposite deffiniton of movement,,, think of a musical movement,,. the way youre describing reality is as if reality was a musical piece composed of one single tuba note constantly vibrating,, one wave.,,.,., but really reality is a musical piece more complex then if there were infinite Mozart writing infinite scores over infinite time,,.,.,. reality is energy interacting in time,, as music is sound interacting in time,.,., both of these things have distinguished changes within the whole system,, flux,, growth,, dynamics, order, harmony, measurement, movement,, etc..... im not trying to play semantics with ya anymore,,, i understand everything you have said,,i just dont think the words you muster up to describe reality are completely accurate to the way reality describes reality.

No, sir/madam, I am sorry but you have not understood what I am saying. That is clear by your replies to me.

"i just dont think the words you muster up to describe reality are completely accurate to the way reality describes reality."

So then you (being reality) can accurately understand the way "reality describes reality" but I (being reality) cannot? I don't know how that works, so you are more real than me? Listen, I am not giving any description about reality! I am saying all of this (whatever this is) is reality, even someones so-called delusions, and this is all there is. There is no description in that. All is it. So then, there is no becoming, because it is all, and all cannot be other than all. This in no way insinuates a "static universe", I don't even know how you came to that conclusion.

Sorry, I am probably just confusing you more... we'll end the discussion.
edit on 10-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This is Tony Parsons speaking about why there is a belief in 'becoming'.
youtu.be...

The individual believes it has to 'become' to be whole because there is a feeling of loss and lack.
Awakening is where the individual (idea) drops away. When this happens the feeling of loss and lack also drops away and what we long for is found.

The belief in becoming is the belief in more and this belief says 'I can be more'.
What if you realized that you cannot be more? What if you realized completeness, wholeness?

edit on 10-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Well said. The belief in being separate from all makes no logical sense to me. And if all is this "all" already, then how is there any becoming? There is merely the appearance of change.

Thanks for the link also, will listen to it now.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No, sir/madam, I am sorry but you have not understood what I am saying. That is clear by your replies to me.

"i just dont think the words you muster up to describe reality are completely accurate to the way reality describes reality."

So then you (being reality) can accurately understand the way "reality describes reality" but I (being reality) cannot? I don't know how that works, so you are more real than me? Listen, I am not giving any description about reality! I am saying all of this (whatever this is) is reality, even someones so-called delusions, and this is all there is. There is no description in that. All is it. So then, there is no becoming, because it is all, and all cannot be other than all. This in no way insinuates a "static universe", I don't even know how you came to that conclusion.

Sorry, I am probably just confusing you more... we'll end the discussion.
edit on 10-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

you dont know how that works? have you ever known someone who was dumb? or mentally disabled? a rat is part of reality can they describe it as accurately as einstein?

p.s. are you and itsnowagain the same person?
edit on 10-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

you dont know how that works? have you ever known someone who was dumb? or mentally disabled? a rat is part of reality can they describe it as accurately as einstein? p.s. are you and itsnowagain the same person?

How what works? I don't know you have completely lost me know... sorry. Maybe I am just a dumb rat too, lol!

itsnowagain are the same, but not in the sense that you probably think. Guess no one can agree, at least when they do so on a topic that you don't agree with, huh? Oh, well, have a good weekend friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

yes,, sorry for the confusion,, have a great weekend as well,, and hope to converse with ya soon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join