It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this whole situation can't help but ignite racial tensions.

Just a matter of time.

link   
reply to post by Springer

sorry my last post was made before i saw your post, i will stick to the thread topic, sorry again

link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Or is it because the person was white and had a shaved head.

Well this obviously. All white guys with shaved heads are racist

If I am reading this right the children were not there?

Children's classes were scheduled to being at 11:30. The shooting took place starting at 10:20 a.m.
by Tom Swigert / WISN.com8/5/2012 6:34:09 PM1:34 PM

Read more: livewire.wisn.com...

I am not sure how this church works, but that makes it sound like kids were not there. I hope they were not anyway.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

There were kids there according to the people there.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Or causing more harm because:

A) If you miss a shot...you are likely to hit someone else.
B) When the police do get there and see multiple people with a gun, you distract them.

A) Is just a false argument. Unless there is a dense crowd of people behind the assailant it is just absurd to think that. There is much more open space than space occupied by people. Those that do carry most likely have good gun control. Also those that do carry are unlikely to just point and fire wildly, knowing that doing so could injure an innocent, give away their position making them vulnerable and potentially carry legal liability.

B) The armed citizen would also likely lay down their weapon once a LEO entered the area they are in. Using common sense in not wanting to be shot by the LEO.

Sorry Springer. Outkast, if you would like to continue our debate feel free to U2U me. I'll stick to the topic now.
edit on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:56:40 -0500 by sporkmonster because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Who would shoot up a bunch of Sikhs?
They are some of the nicest people I have ever met!

They are very peaceful, kind, and incredibly respectful of others.

Payers and peace for all involved!

It would not surprise me if it was someone who thought they were Muslims because, you know, they wear turbans and stuff.

I've had to explain the difference to people before. Or like just after 9/11 there were those two college kids driving back to school in Florida, one was a Sikh, and some woman saw them at a rest stop and called them in because the turban guy made her afraid, I guess, and the FL State Police closed down an entire major highway to arrest these guys for no reason at all.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Honestly, this is just crazy.

Ive driven past this place, many times.

My prayers for all the victims.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ah, thanks, I must have missed that.

I seen that on this site (I guess it is like twitter for news not sure).
livewire.wisn.com...

It made it sound like the kids were not there

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

All good, kids come for early prayer and meditation. There was a guest speaker as well so people might have brought their kids for that. Hopefully no babies among the victims. That would be very upsetting.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thats weird, I just got out of the shower where I shaved my head. Jumped on ATS reading through the this thread and come to this comment.
I am white and have a shaved head, nope still don't hate and have no intention of going out to kill! Guess it has nothing to do with my skin colour or hair style!!!!
BTW My city is building one of the biggest temples in Canada, nope still no negitive thoughts.

Prayers for all involved

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by antonia

Ah, thanks, I must have missed that.

I seen that on this site (I guess it is like twitter for news not sure).
livewire.wisn.com...

It made it sound like the kids were not there

Raist

Some are saying - on twitter - that the kid hostages were released.

My sat feed just died.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Well I had to inquire because I am white have a shaved head and a full sleeve as well as other tattoo's. Was just taking a little offence I suppose to the whole must be a raciest thing, just because of a description. But it was already said earlier that it came over the scanner I guess, time will tell....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
and the age old argument continues that less guns doesn't equate to less gun crime.

It's a proven fact that less guns equates to less gun crime, look at gun crime rates in Japan and United Kingdom.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

Maybe you missed the

Guess who else has a shaved head......

Let me put it a bit more clearly for you. I was being sarcastic, since everyone jumped on the skinhead idea just because the guy had a shaved head.

Anyway back to topic.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by sporkmonster
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you noticed, that armed officer did take down the suspect he engaged. I doubt he could have done that armed with a baton and a tazer.

Just pointing out to all the internet Rambos we have here on ATS that it isn't that easy to stop a gunmen who is out to kill people.

But it sure is a hell of a lot more effective than what you in all your self proclaimed genius would leave us all with...

keep your ideologies out of my life and my ability to protect myself...you don't belong there, neither does a politician...

link   

Originally posted by djr33222
Unfortunately, this whole situation can't help but ignite racial tensions.

Just a matter of time.

Racial tensions towards Sikhs and Muslims from White Americans have been rising for some time in the United States.

If there's another major attack against the USA by a Muslim group, the result isn't going to be pleasant.

link   
As soon as I saw this, all I could think of was that poster for the Olympics in London that shows a Sikh man singled out from the crowd. Lemme see if I can go back and find it.

edit: Here is the forum. People were not sure if it was Sikh or Muslim, but interesting nonetheless and the timing is kind of odd.

Olympics 2012 underground poster
edit on 5-8-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yeah I have a shaved head as well, I sort of take it personally when all shaved headed white guys are listed as skinheads/racist.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join