It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnysixguns
reply to post by DAZ21

Why does this go on? Because our culture loves things involving violence and sex. They are what make prime-time news and get viewers.

Add on to that that we are a nation of hundreds of millions, millions of who are myopic and bigoted, coupled with different ethnicities and religions living side by side everyday. Our melting-pot boils over. The fact that we allow gun rights may make for more shootings, but it is not the fault of the gun. It is the fault of our nations mentality. Take away guns, and you will have mass killings with something else.

Dollars to donuts, this was a bigoted Fox News follower, confusing Sihks with Muslims, and shooting them up, especially with the fact that Fox News has been on a Muslim Brotherhood kick lately.

As I have said before, if you don't like our gun laws, DON'T MOVE HERE. Or in reverse, move here, father citizen children, send them into the political arena in hopes of swaying the laws. But if you're not doing one or the other, shut up. Because in the course of history, other countries haven't complained when we come with our GUNS and bail them out of a situation (though I can't say anything we have done war-wise in the last 12 years has been noble.)

edit on 5-8-2012 by johnnysixguns because: (no reason given)

Several years ago, we considered moving to Texas. But chose not to because of gun violence. We chose New Zealand instead, and what a great decision that turned out to be.

Honestly though, I know It's not a daily occurrence. But the fact it happens a lot at all is disturbing. I feel for all the people that have died to gun violence, and I don't even live there. So tell me citizen, what have you been doing to stop this, because who knows it could be you or your family next.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's a good one. But if someone goes to all the trouble to design and create a 3d printer gun then they are probably insane enough to use it.

Maybe you are all right and we can't contain the situation with gun control. Let's just give up and let people shoot us.

In total fairness, it seems you are actually fighting a losing battle with mental deterioration in the US. Shall we predict when the next massacre will be.

I'll just remind you though, the US isn't a war like Syria. So this behaviour isn't the norm.

let me put it another way

i have some martial arts training, mostly self taught
i know and have practiced [on 1 inch boards] nearly 200 ways of killing a person
witjh a single blow

should i cut of my arms and legs to please 'fraidy cats like you?

the most dangerous weapon in the human arsenal
only fires neurons.

should i do as you seem to be doing?

edit on 5-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

Please there's no need for name calling. I don't own a gun, and I never will it is the tool of cowards. Yes the best weapon is the brain, which is why I have no need for guns.

Answer this. Who's the "fraidy cat" (as you put it) if someone believes for one reason or another that they need to own a gun? You only need a gun of you have the intention of killing someone, quickly and easily. It is a weapon of the weak and feeble. How scared do you need to be to want to own an object that can kill a man in an instant?

i dont own guns
and see no need to

and i am addressing your own particularly violent and cowardly solution
who's gonna round up all those guns? you?
not likely

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
live stream

BTW, Im a few miles awhile from this........

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Guy on report just said that guest speaker was shot.

We need to find out who he is for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks for trashing a thread once again with random gun control debate. Can we not keep the thread about info on the shooting.

Yeah, I know, to hell with me for posting this...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

It was on the scanner, another poster also mentioned it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is a great feed with live text updates from their news team down below. I can't imagine any good reason that someone would do this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericaNeedsToWakeUp

Oh lord, here come the trolls.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericaNeedsToWakeUp
Typical behavior for a white. Only white people do stuff like this. Let see if any of the WHITE posters here call the WHITE shooter a THUG.

No racism seen in debate, better inject some as your very first post here ever.
Spoken like a true Obama fanatic would be the correct response here.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
You guys really have to resist the temptation to jump to conclusions. No one knows who is in the temple for certain or for what reasons.

Not jumping to anything here b/c I don't think it is over yet.

There's a live update now. The suspect was shot - assumed deceased.
Tactical officers have made multiple search runs.

information may change
2 individuals were transported for gunshot wounds. 1 an officer, 1 a civilian

4 dead - inside | 3 dead outside - one of whom was the shooter.

No other information. They have not identified any additional gunmen. It's possible but those report may have been of the same person. They are not sure if there were additional shooters.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
ATTENTION: Please stick to the topic at hand, it's bad enough on its own without getting into the "Pro/Anti Gun Debate". There are several threads that cover that topic, this is not one of them.

Thank You.

Springer...

link   
Crap

Just realised this thread isn't in Breaking News

Its in breaking alternative news

link   

link   

link   
Confirmed 7 people dead...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by sonnny1

That is a great feed with live text updates from their news team down below. I can't imagine any good reason that someone would do this.

7 people dead, 3 outside, officer hit, and shooter dead..................

Sad day..

link   

Originally posted by murch
Guy on report just said that guest speaker was shot.

We need to find out who he is for sure.

It's being reported that he was a guest priest from New Dehli - it might be on the church's website?

link   
Wow, they are going all out to get rid of the 2nd commandment aren't they.

link   

Originally posted by hadriana

No other information. They have not identified any additional gunmen. It's possible but those report may have been of the same person. They are not sure if there were additional shooters.

That is likely, people get confused in these situations. Hope this is over and everyone who got out is ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join