It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Why does this go on? Because our culture loves things involving violence and sex. They are what make prime-time news and get viewers.

Add on to that that we are a nation of hundreds of millions, millions of who are myopic and bigoted, coupled with different ethnicities and religions living side by side everyday. Our melting-pot boils over. The fact that we allow gun rights may make for more shootings, but it is not the fault of the gun. It is the fault of our nations mentality. Take away guns, and you will have mass killings with something else.

Dollars to donuts, this was a bigoted Fox News follower, confusing Sihks with Muslims, and shooting them up, especially with the fact that Fox News has been on a Muslim Brotherhood kick lately.

As I have said before, if you don't like our gun laws, DON'T MOVE HERE. Or in reverse, move here, father citizen children, send them into the political arena in hopes of swaying the laws. But if you're not doing one or the other, shut up. Because in the course of history, other countries haven't complained when we come with our GUNS and bail them out of a situation (though I can't say anything we have done war-wise in the last 12 years has been noble.)

edit on 5-8-2012 by johnnysixguns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

NPR report

link   
Stupid shooter(s) probably thought there were Muslims.

link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's a good one. But if someone goes to all the trouble to design and create a 3d printer gun then they are probably insane enough to use it.

Maybe you are all right and we can't contain the situation with gun control. Let's just give up and let people shoot us.

In total fairness, it seems you are actually fighting a losing battle with mental deterioration in the US. Shall we predict when the next massacre will be.

I'll just remind you though, the US isn't a war like Syria. So this behaviour isn't the norm.

let me put it another way

i have some martial arts training, mostly self taught
i know and have practiced [on 1 inch boards] nearly 200 ways of killing a person
witjh a single blow

should i cut of my arms and legs to please 'fraidy cats like you?

the most dangerous weapon in the human arsenal
only fires neurons.

should i do as you seem to be doing?

edit on 5-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

Please there's no need for name calling. I don't own a gun, and I never will it is the tool of cowards. Yes the best weapon is the brain, which is why I have no need for guns.

Answer this. Who's the "fraidy cat" (as you put it) if someone believes for one reason or another that they need to own a gun? You only need a gun of you have the intention of killing someone, quickly and easily. It is a weapon of the weak and feeble. How scared do you need to be to want to own an object that can kill a man in an instant?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I heard it was a white male that left the temple that they thought was the suspect initially.

Then 2 men in bushes were trying to get into the church - this was AFTER that guy left and police were looking for him, but I never heard a follow up to that on the feed - wondering if those 2 came in late and got the kids?

Hearing from several sources - on cnn, and twitter, that this was a well organized white militia. The word militia being used specifically.

There was a stove fire, but they cut off utilities - it was said that the shooters tried to use the gas to blow the whole thing up.
edit on 5-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Current feeds

scanner

www.radioreference.com...

Live news

livewire.wisn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

No the » answer is not taking away guns....

In case you haven't noticed in both Britian and Australia when the guns were "taken away" from law abiding citizens gun crime actually went UP by a sizeable amount.

I have news for you taking away the guns from honest people does nothing to stop people with ill intent from acquiring and using them. This has always been the case and always will be the case. The sooner people like you understand that the better.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by DocHolidaze

No that's right. But why does the US fail so miserably in these types of massacres compared to anywhere else in the world. During peace time.

Shall we tally up gun related massacres from every country? Then after that we can debate.

There is no debate, you are wrong to want to take guns away from law abiding citizens, if your dream comes true, criminals, and the politicians foot-solders will be the only ones with guns. Do you know what criminals and politicians have in common, they kill without remorse, or thought of consequence, cause truthfully they make the rules and they call they shots, you ideas only support them, that's why i asked you earlier how long have you been working for them? and i ask you again, how long?

What you are coming out with is paranoia. Next you will be telling me you have to shoot the people who want to take your guns before they shoot you. How old are you? Guns=Bad. When you find a gun that can shoot someone back to life. Then I'll let you argue for keeping them.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by sporkmonster
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you noticed, that armed officer did take down the suspect he engaged. I doubt he could have done that armed with a baton and a tazer.

I have no problem with police being armed.

Just pointing out to all the internet Rambos we have here on ATS that it isn't that easy to stop a gunmen who is out to kill people.

I agree 100% with that. Shooting out at a range is much different than being in a situation that is changing quickly and is covered by the fog of war. To stay calm, cool and collected takes mental strength.

That being said, I still believe that if armed in that situation and not in immediate fight or flight mode, there is a fair chance of being able to change the outcome of the event by your own hand.

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Really? I own an arse load of guns and have no intention of shooting anyone. But I'll darn sure kill some paper/clay/metal targets....

link   
Wait so this is now being blamed on a group of shooters?

I hate to be the one to call this, but the more i'm hearing the more this shooting sounds suspiciously like port arthur.... and anyone who's dug into port arthur knows there was some very suspicious stuff in that shooting as well.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Great...now we get to hear the gun lovers claim that if all Sikh's were armed this would have never happened.

Oh yeah...and the first cop that got there (btw...cops are armed and trained with a firearm)...was shot down.

So let's please hold the bravado of "If I was there and armed...I would have put a stop to that" like we heard from all the internet Rambo's about Aurora.

And yes...we should talk about gun control...because our lack of it is what enables tragedies like this.

you are blind, gun control only means more death of innocents not less, please look more than 2 inches in front of face, i know you have probably been trained well, but its time to wake up, if they take are guns away they will have complete control, is that want you want?

link   
reply to post by hadriana

My first thought was racist white guys. Looks like I wasn't far off. Apparently people are still hiding inside. Bigots make me sick, let people live in peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Keep an eye on live feeds as a breifing is meant to be due soon.

Still fluid so times may vary.

link   
If only someone there was armed, it could have been stopped sooner.

Anyone see the comments over on MSM sites? Lots of speculation and no facts. Let's not mirror them here until the situation has ended, for cryin' out loud...

link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Well CNN was so bright with their comment "There's at least one shooter"

but onsite witnesses and family are reporting it is multiple shooters. Several have specifically used the word well trained militia.

From what I heard on scanner - I wonder if they did not enter the church in waves to confuse the situation.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by hadriana

My first thought was racist white guys. Looks like I wasn't far off. Apparently people are still hiding inside. Bigots make me sick, let people live in peace.

Where did you hear this? Might have missed it on the live feed I am listening to but didn't hear that said? Or is it because the person was white and had a shaved head.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

The only way I'll give up my guns is if the government gives up theirs first.... Unless and until that happens I'm going to stay armed regardless of whether you like it or not. Oh and while we're at that I also refuse to give up my guns until the supreme court reverses it's decision on the duty of cops. As it stands now the police are under no legal or other obligation to protect you from injury or death at the hands of criminals they are only required to ENFORCE THE LAW after you are injured or dead.

And for your information in states where concealed carry is not just legally allowed but is also practiced by a sizeable percentage of society they don't have these problems with rampage shooters.

Take Utah for example.... there have been 2 COUNT THEM 2 attempted rampage shootings at schools there and BOTH OF THEM were stopped by armed CITIZENS who talked the gunmen down with ZERO LOSS OF LIFE.... Yes ZERO LOSS OF LIFE!!!!

That is the power of civiilan gun ownership, and no short sighted knee jerk reacting guns are bad whackjob like you is going to tell me otherwise.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

That being said, I still believe that if armed in that situation and not in immediate fight or flight mode, there is a fair chance of being able to change the outcome of the event by your own hand.

Or causing more harm because:

A) If you miss a shot...you are likely to hit someone else.
B) When the police do get there and see multiple people with a gun, you distract them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You guys really have to resist the temptation to jump to conclusions. No one knows who is in the temple for certain or for what reasons.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join