It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
And you people wonder why the FBI is keeping such a tight delicate secrecy lid on this. They didn't do that with Holmes case. It has everything to do with the speaker from India. Also, I do believe they were after both the Speaker and the President of the Temple. Everyone else is collateral damage.

Curious since the FBI is keeping such a tight lid on this, is if they think they are terrorist group of some kind? Even though they are victims in this?

Another interesting coincidence of Holmes case below.. Casing the place for explosives.

Interesting comment on another forum

www.infowars.com...
SeisnerS says:
August 5, 2012 at 9:35 pm

A member of the temple council told local news that over the weekend a few men were walking around outside the temple “casing” it. He said those same men were back early this morning walking around, then a few hours later the shooting happened. Yesterday, the other Sikh temple in the Milwaukee area received a phone call from someone asking when the busiest time for the temple was. That definitely sounds like more than one person to many people in Milwaukee. And, the lone gunmen, lived in 2 homes on the same street. He moved from one house a few blocks away about 3 weeks ago, to the home currently being investigated for explosives. That is striking many people in my area as odd and has people asking questions.

Yes, my English, punctuation and blah blah are off tonight. I admit I'm Dyslexic and I've had rarely any sleep.
So bear with me.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
At one point they said that the shooter was trying to ignite the natural gas in the building to blow it up.

Why isn't anyone arguing about controlling natural gas? There was an explosion in Cartersville GA a couple of years ago that took out a huge neighborhood block. Luckily no one was home. If it had been a weekend, it would have been horridly bad.

There are other potential weapons besides guns that were reportedly used or tried to be used.

There have been instances of poisonings - mass poisonings like of buffets right before elections - that are on record but have not been widely reported. Guns are just so visible.

I have not liked the reporting on this story at all. it's the worst I've ever seen.
Nothing reported seemed to jive with what I was hearing/seeing/events that were narrated.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm in Germany watching AFN, so maybe I'm behind the curve here, but CNN is on and they're talking to the police interpreter right now.
Single shooter.
A 9/11 tattoo. But no comfirmation from police.
@40 years of age (ATF source)
A white guy.
Bald.
Being treated as a domestic terrorist.

Oh my goodness.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

When they checked that scene there was multiple officers there at the time, and it was cleared to be just water, the last I heard. That was before I left, so not sure if this was from another incident after.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The eye witnesses are all saying more than one shooter though. And this one was not in a dark movie theatre......

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by beezzer

The eye witnesses are all saying more than one shooter though. And this one was not in a dark movie theatre......

There was a policeman as well who fired shots. Maybe that is what they are talking about?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by beezzer

True. Just relaying CNN.

It's still too early to speculate, but it's never too late to keep an open mind to events.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Where did you hear that? This is another reason why im highly skeptical about things that come out of the mouths of news reporters on TV....Because Ive heard plenty of times that the shooter was Killed by the "heroic 20 year police veteran"

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DocBenway

reply to post by JBA2848

Well done on finding that info on the vehicle. That may help to discard the idea that the gunman was dropped off by someone else. On the other hand, it may have been there abandoned and unconnected before any of this took place and they simply looked into it. Again, time will tell.

References to James Holmes, Katie Holmes, Holmes Ave... Maybe this guy is connected to it all somehow?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I hope that is not what they are talking about. If so, then that means the the cops were the murderers, and the guy shot dead was a hero trying to stop them. Oh wait I think I misunderstood what you were saying lol.

One of the witness videos for those that missed it.

Here is another

edit on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:25:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

A gunman allegedly killed six people and wounded three others before being shot dead by a police officer at a Sikh temple outside of Milwaukee Sunday morning

Contradicting information with other info that i have seen posted.

The gunman allegedly shot one police officer who was helping a victim ten times. The officer survived the shooting.

Jeez, this guy is a beast.
edit on 5-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Forgot link

www.cbsnews.com... g-at-sikh-temple-in-wis-at-least-7-dead/

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by DAZ21

Take away the guns already. If you can't use them for good, don't use them at all. I think It's time you gave up your guns. How many more need to die?

Simplistic view of a complex problem.

Here's your gun control The black market, fallacy of gun control

You might as well advocate removal of our free speech...

Those intent to do harm, will find a way no matter what laws are passed.

The real issue is mentall health, if anything it should draw attention to that problem, taking away guns won't stop crazy...

I know what you're saying, and you're right to a certain degree. But a gun is more powerful than a knife, and hense can do more damage and kill more people. Shouldn't we limit the damage these sick individuals commit, by taking a more powerful weapon away from them. Ok you can get it on the black market. But these individuals as we have seen, have bought these guns legally.

I'm not a gun owner, but maybe I should start thinking about getting one now. It's like tptb said, "Oh, you're not afraid of the massacre in a movie theater? Well, here you go....check this out". You know what I said the other day on ATS? I said, it won't be long before another shooting comes, because the first one didn't get the job done.

It doesn't matter if you try to take guns away. People will still get them, just the way people got their alcohol during prohibition. Then the crime rates will really soar.

tptb want to disarm us and that is becoming stunningly clear to me now.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Haha, love it. Sherlock Holmes indeed...maybe it's all to draw him out of hiding.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
7 Dead at Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wis.; Officials Believe 'White Supremacist' Behind 'Domestic Terrorism'

sources have told ABC News the shootings are the work of a "white supremacist" or "skinhead."

Authorities also were trying to trace a single, semiautomatic handgun recovered at the scene, sources told ABC News.

Found this through the livewire.wisn link, but after I clicked over went back to refresh and link was gone, also gone was a link to interview with temple leader's family. Crazy.

Rest of article was info pretty much already posted here. Guess we won't know too much more until tomorrow if they enter his abode.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The first video is suspect in its accuracy because it is a second hand account and the witness herself said she was hiding in a closet.

The second is good, but it is still just one witness.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
As already noted in this thread, they are saying the shooter's tattoos lead them to assume he was part of an extremist group. The media isn't reporting what the tattoos are, although there is some speculation that 9/11 symbolism is involved.

I'd just like to throw the following out there: A lot of prison tats have swastikas and other "white power" type symbolism (the numbers "14/88" etc.) but this does not by itself mean the wearer is ideologically motivated. They are prison gang symbols but many wearing them have no ideology at all; they may have joined gangs for protection or for other reasons. In some cases political imagery of various sorts is forcibly applied to an inmate if they have done something to anger somebody, or as a "don't touch" protective mark. There is a lot of regional variance in prison tats too. It's important to remember this before jumping to conclusions linking tattoo imagery with ideology.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Background checks are required...for handguns. Shotguns? Rifles? Etc? Walk in with cash, walk out with a gun. Handguns are more highly controlled than any other firearm.
reply to post by DocBenway

I dont know about other states but where i live ANY firearm requires the same background check.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
From what I can put together. The guy parked his truck off a ways and aproached he parking lot. A white car pulls into the parking lot and the guy shoots and kills two people in the car.He then shoots a third person out side the building. Then he goes into the building and shoots more people. Then came back out and shot a cop multiple times. Another cop shows up he shoots at that cop and the cop shoots and kills the gun man.

Was he just stolling up to the builging to shot people. Or was he waiting for the two people in the car to show up? Were they a target? Or were they just the unluckest people in the world to show up at the worst time possible? And he only had one pistol. The second pistol belonged to the cop who was shot. Could this had been a hit?
edit on 6-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear12346
This shouldn't be about gun control right now.

We must think of the lives of the potential victims, including their families and friends.

Now is the time for police, doctors, and the community to do their jobs in help protecting the lives of innocent people.

There are no innocent people. *Sigh* When will you (I/me) ever learn? We all signed up for the ride we're riding. No point in moaning about it when your ego gets a dose of something it doesn't like (usually in a form that demonstrates its total lack of control over the universe).
edit on 6-8-2012 by seamus because: spacing error

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Does anyone know the name of the Indian guest speaker that was shot?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join