It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by DAZ21

have bought these guns legally

Exactly, so no law preventing criminals would of stopped them.

None of the proposed laws would deal with this problem, it's opportunistic anti-gun lobbying at its worst.

The us doesn't "back date" laws, I'll give you an example I drive a car that has no seat belts, and wouldn't pass smog no matter what I do, it's called a classic car, and because we don't back date laws I can drive it dispite the new laws sayin cars need smog checks and seat belts.

All because the car was made before those laws, the same would apply to any gun purchased before and new gun laws take place.

Your post shows a very basic misunderstanding of US law. The genies out of the bottle, there's no putting it back with out grossly violation of Americans civil rights.

The first right our founders gave us was free speech, the 2nd was the right to guns.

It's a bed rock of our nation, and honestly the world would fear a US government without an armed populace...

What you see now the US doing is with the tempered fear of an armed populace... Imagine what the US government would do with out the fear of armed populace...

Ok so you have the right to have guns. Sometimes laws are just outdated and need to be changed. No offence.

I also see what you're getting at with the government fear of the populace statement. But wars can be won without guns. The government will never walk all over the population, for the simple fact that even with guns the government is completely outnumbered. If it came to it, guns couldn't hold off the entire population. Also the guys with the guns are part of the population too. Would they kill their own family if ordered to?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Live news from here

livewire.wisn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

People are LOSING THEIR MINDS.

What is going on? Is there always this many mass shootings and I'm just out of the loop, or is this new to society?

These people are pathetic, and should simply off themselves or find professional help instead of taking the lives on innocent people. Makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

The only way to stop gun related deaths is to remove every single gun from the planet including governments and law enforcement, and then to stop all production indefinitely everywhere in the world, until that happens people will die from guns, your blind if you don't see this. Guns are not going any were and production cant be controlled your naive to think otherwise.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Turns out that people that came out may have been women that have been released.

This is a fluid situation.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
These shootings can't be healthy for the public's psyche. I imagine there are quite a few that think twice or thrice before going out.

Either that or constantly looking around for suspicious activity. Even more than after the whole muslims are evil mess.
edit on 5-8-2012 by ReleaseThePressure because: spl

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So, this specific day, a special member just from India arrives. Someone should find out more about this guy and see if he was really the target.

Why this day?

Why that temple?

edit on 5-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Your thought process is a lot like how people treat a cold. We have never cured the virus so we treat symptoms. In the history of man there has never been a gun that jumped up and shot a person on its own. Had the Colorado shooter not told the cops about his apartment he would have likely killed many more people there, then at the movies. In Arizona, if Loughner had driven a car into that crowd his death toll would have been much higher. Point is that it is the person not the tool. We have to adress the state of people and morality much more than gun control. You feel the symptoms, but it is the virus that is the cause.

Oh, and as to why no one pulled there gun in these cases. VT--This church--- The movies, all were gun free zones where law abiding people are not allowed to carry. Why the criminals didnt obey these laws and not shoot anyone there I just dont understand. ( End Sarcasm )

Sadly this should not even be the debate at this moment. Our efforts and prayers should be directed to the victims.

Some one said the shooter was white. Could this be a religous thing? Some reports are of two are more shooters. I really hope this was not some bigot who thought he was going after Muslims.
edit on 5-8-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

No that's right. But why does the US fail so miserably in these types of massacres compared to anywhere else in the world. During peace time.

Shall we tally up gun related massacres from every country? Then after that we can debate.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Another disgusting murder of innocent people
an exact replica of the Aurora shooting
look like they are playing Batman the dark knight rise in real life now

link   
Someone find out who the speaker was that arrived at the temple today please. I didn't catch the name. And he specially came from India to speak there today. Has to be more to it. I'm thinking he was the target.

link   
Urgh, everything has to be a debate about gun control these days.

As for this being a false flag, come off it. There really are racist bigots out there who would love to kill everyone who is not like themselves.

As for the visitor from India, I doubt he was the target. It's likely they posted flyers or something if it was a big deal and this crazy bigot happened to get wind of it.

apparently there are hostages in the temple.
edit on 5-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

my link is messed up sorry guys, saw the hostage thing on cnn.com per their affliate.

Video stated one gunman had been arrested and two were still in temple with children and others as hostages.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It's a little premature to call it an exact replica...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure if i can take it anymore if another broadcraster uses the words "shooting", "shooter" or "shot"

...shoot me

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

Of course our thoughts go to the dead and injured. But I have anger over why this happens in the first place that's why I am debating gun control. How many people have do die before we stop sending our thoughts and start acting to stop the situation and find a cause to the problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by DocHolidaze

No that's right. But why does the US fail so miserably in these types of massacres compared to anywhere else in the world. During peace time.

Shall we tally up gun related massacres from every country? Then after that we can debate.

I think it appears so much more often in America because of the media here. They all get a raging hard on when violence breaks out. It is like some sick fetish of theirs to exploit these awful events to the extreme maximum.

It can also be figured that the MSM in America are mostly of the left leaning political persuasion. Using these events to further a political agenda.

Just wanted to add clarification. I specifically chose the word 'appears' and not the word 'happens.' I think it shows up in the news more often, because of our media here. There is a post on the next page mentioning shooting incidents in china. I highly doubt the Chinese media would be allowed to report on things of this nature if it can be covered up and hidden from world view.
edit on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:13:21 -0500 by sporkmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Take away the guns already. If you can't use them for good, don't use them at all. I think It's time you gave up your guns. How many more need to die?

Really? You wanna try taking their guns be my guest but you certainly won't be theirs. Gun control in the states is one of the most stupid ideas I've ever heard.

Is a bomb better than a gun? How about a knife? They all kill people mate.

True, but here in the UK, where not everyone has access to a gun from over the counter. People generally don't go on mass killing sprees. Every other day.

You see with a knife people generally stand some sort of chance. Hense the phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun a gun show."

There are way more people in the USA.

link   
CNN just said a police officer was shot several times and the shooter was brought down.

link   
heres some live feed if anyones interested
livewire.wisn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Some reports say three of the four killed inside were the priest. Police are clearing the building saying they put one suspect down. Checking for any other shooter.

I really got a bad feeling that this is gonna be a racially motivated attack. I hope not.
edit on 5-8-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join