It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Watch CNN live right now; it's almost scripted.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This shouldn't be about gun control right now.

We must think of the lives of the potential victims, including their families and friends.

Now is the time for police, doctors, and the community to do their jobs in help protecting the lives of innocent people.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Take away the guns already. If you can't use them for good, don't use them at all. I think It's time you gave up your guns. How many more need to die?

Simplistic view of a complex problem.

Here's your gun control The black market, fallacy of gun control

You might as well advocate removal of our free speech...

Those intent to do harm, will find a way no matter what laws are passed.

The real issue is mentall health, if anything it should draw attention to that problem, taking away guns won't stop crazy...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by DAZ21

Take away the guns already. If you can't use them for good, don't use them at all. I think It's time you gave up your guns. How many more need to die?

The real issue is mentall health, if anything it should draw attention to that problem, taking away guns won't stop crazy...

Thank you for this. People must realize that the only effective way for gun control to work would be for it to be enacted in all 50 states at the same time (impossible already), and for the black market to be dealt with in an extremely harsh manner that would likely violate several of our other liberties.

It simply isn't viable given our constitution, protections, and the manner in which gun control laws are passed (state by state).

link   

reply to post by DAZ21

I know what you're saying, and you're right to a certain degree. But a gun is more powerful than a knife, and hense can do more damage and kill more people. Shouldn't we limit the damage these sick individuals commit, by taking a more powerful weapon away from them. Ok you can get it on the black market. But these individuals as we have seen, have bought these guns legally.

link   
All mobile officers have been told to check all religious buildings in area via scanner.

www.jsonline.com...

Report states 20-30 injured and suspects holding hostages.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

how long have you been working for them?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Yes I think gun right should be exclusionary, in that you are allowed by default to own a gun but if you do certain things that right is limited. Psychological health monitoring is in an extremely poor state the USA. We don't recognize or deal with signs of mental disturbance the way we should. If we could identify those who are at risk of snapping and help them re-think their mental state we could save lives.

It will, unfortunately, be impossible to stop a lone gunman who simply snaps overnight. But that is usually not the case. I believe we could stop a great many evil-doers by simply making access to psychological help easy and affordable.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Christ on a crutch...what do you people not understand about criminal behavior, laws and how they don't f***** obey them?!?!?!?!

Please respond with a logical, rational, and practical explanation of how exactly making guns illegal is going to keep criminals from using them?

The only way to keep violent people from killing others with guns is to un-invent the gun....laws, legislation, regulation does NOT un invent the gun it gives those who don't follow laws, legislation, and regulations a MONOPOLY on their ownership...

I still don't understand why this is apparently not computing with some people...

It's like it literally goes in their head they consider it, shut up for a little bit because they can't think of a counter argument, then after someone gets shot again they come out screaming "See I was right, we need to get rid of the gun!"

its just absolutely amazing to me...

I predict more and more shootings, not because the gun isn't regulated, not because they are legal to own, but because people are losing their damned minds because we live in a sick society and there are any number of psychological tragedies that can attribute to someone losing their mind and doing something horrendous....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
First it was the Zombies outbreak, and now we have shooting Rampages, along with Ninja's gone wild. What's next?

Going to check the info, be back to you tonight about it.

Got to be this heat making everyone crazy or, the solar flares.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by DAZ21

don't even need a blackmarket anymore

It's now possible to print functional weapons at home. This is going to progress rapidly now.

Think: global file sharing of designs for servicable weapons, from pistols on up to ?, that can be printed at home. What you can print -- from the materials to the size/quality of the object to the completeness (snap together construction) -- is already moving forward quickly. The weapons effort will just be along for the ride.

"HaveBlue" has tested the first "printed" firearm and it works. Here's his site, but it's VERY slow. It didn't blow up in his face.

globalguerrillas.typepad.com...

lol, lets ban 3d printers

NOT!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Police reporting that fires may be breaking out in temple.

Suggests their may be a hostage situation.

Ahh yes. Tactical gear on move. Media told to cut feed showing movement.

All via police scanner.

www.radioreference.com...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by DAZ21

how long have you been working for them?

I'm sorry but the psychology with some of you on this site amazes me. I'm being bashed as if I'm the big bad man that actually killed someone.

If people can't see the problem with guns then there's no hope. You all seem to be justifying owning guns as a means for self defence against the next man with a gun. So why did no one shoot the killer while he was on his killing spree? Did they not have the guns on their person? Were they scared to become a murderer themselves?

Why does this happen so much in the US. The answer is gun control.

Tell me what are all of your guns for? Are you going to kill some one? Then why do you even need one. It's a weapon not a toy. Maybe you all just like the power. Well I can tell you now It's false power.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

have bought these guns legally

Exactly, so no law preventing criminals would of stopped them.

None of the proposed laws would deal with this problem, it's opportunistic anti-gun lobbying at its worst.

The us doesn't "back date" laws, I'll give you an example I drive a car that has no seat belts, and wouldn't pass smog no matter what I do, it's called a classic car, and because we don't back date laws I can drive it dispite the new laws sayin cars need smog checks and seat belts.

All because the car was made before those laws, the same would apply to any gun purchased before and new gun laws take place.

Your post shows a very basic misunderstanding of US law. The genies out of the bottle, there's no putting it back with out grossly violation of Americans civil rights.

The first right our founders gave us was free speech, the 2nd was the right to guns.

It's a bed rock of our nation, and honestly the world would fear a US government without an armed populace...

What you see now the US doing is with the tempered fear of an armed populace... Imagine what the US government would do with out the fear of armed populace...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
seriously so sensationalist to tap into these moments for alternate agenda. are these people all just going nuts? or is this an agenda to push control through? either way

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

I heard a Chris Rock stand up segment once where he said. “Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars. Because if a bullet cost five thousand dollar, we wouldn't have any innocent bystander .” lol
Chris Rock Quote

I seriously hope that no one profits from my death. In my perfect death I will die naturally and fall directly into a fire pit be burned up on the spot and returned to the earth. no weird funeral, no will ( I will take care of that personally while alive, not some mystery gift for family to get jealous over or fight over) we should not focus on anything but the issue at hand and that would be helping the victims in anyway possible.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's a good one. But if someone goes to all the trouble to design and create a 3d printer gun then they are probably insane enough to use it.

Maybe you are all right and we can't contain the situation with gun control. Let's just give up and let people shoot us.

In total fairness, it seems you are actually fighting a losing battle with mental deterioration in the US. Shall we predict when the next massacre will be.

I'll just remind you though, the US isn't a war like Syria. So this behaviour isn't the norm.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

CNN is saying multiple gunmen (unconfirmed)
CNN Live Stream

ETA: They are also saying some hostages hiding and sending out texts to family now and then
edit on 5-8-2012 by ReleaseThePressure because: add

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Looks like no hostages. just seen temple members go into swat van. Fire channel reports fire out.

PS this is a breaking news thread. NOT the place to bring up old arguments.

Keep it on topic.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Psyop to take the heat off the batman shooter, because to many people were asking questions.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I fear for America sometimes that with the more things go bad people will retreat to drugs/more guns/cults/just fly off the wall and it leads them down a slippery path where everyone fears everyone and you'll get shot by some paranoid guy just because you had an itch in the wrong place

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join