It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Domestic Terrorism.......

FBI taking over.....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They are calling it domestic terrorism. At least that's what the spokesperson is saying.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Shocking. Thoughts and prayers go out to friends and families of those murdered or injured during the shooting. I find it difficult to believe how these people can just open fire on innocent people and murder them. Just watching the news now. The police are treating this as an act of terrorism. Also, those two officers who were first on scene should get a commendation.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"Domestic Terrorism" definition:

The statutory definition of domestic terrorism in the United States has changed many times over the years; also, it can be argued that acts of domestic terrorism have been occurring since long before any legal definition was set forth.

According to a memo produced by the FBI's Terrorist Research and Analytical Center in 1994, domestic terrorism was defined as "the unlawful use of force or violence, committed by a group(s) of two or more individuals, against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."[2]

Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."[3]

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A few posts back someone mentioned that witnesses saw the shooter order the priest(s) to lie down before shooting them. That sounds like an execution, it seems to be a planned attack with a specific target. This was no random killing, but a hit on someone. Why?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Yeah they say one shooter, then turn around and mislabel it terrorism?

link   

Originally posted by TheReclaimer
A few posts back someone mentioned that witnesses saw the shooter order the priest(s) to lie down before shooting them. That sounds like an execution, it seems to be a planned attack with a specific target. This was no random killing, but a hit on someone. Why?

I heard briefly on CNN that an important Sikh indian leader from India
was visiting the temple for a speech and he was among those killed

the Indian government reaction (hope soon)
on this will tell if somebody important was killed
edit on 8/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The feds will be less candid with information than the local officers. Too bad.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So called Domestic Terrorism will give the excuse needed for more Drones over U.S. cities.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well apparently it can be labeled terrorism based on the gunman's actions alone, but it seems very premature to me to jump to that designation - Especially without a known motive.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Sek82 because: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by TKDRL

Well apparently it can be labeled terrorism based on the gunman's actions alone, but it seems very premature to me to jump to that designation - Especially without a known motive.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Sek82 because: typo

It seems like just about any crime can somehow be labeled "domestic terrorism", sadly.

You can be called a domestic terrorist if a crime you commited "appears to be intended" according to the Patriot Act.
edit on 5-8-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by TheReclaimer

I heard briefly on CNN that an important Sikh indian leader from India
was visiting the temple for a speech and he was among those killed

the Indian government reaction (hope soon)
on this will tell if somebody important was killed
edit on 8/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

This is #ed up I had two little indian boys show up in my dream. (I was in an alien invasion and before the actual aliens showed up the two indian boys said they staged the sights I saw). Which is weird that I wake up to read this having to do with the Indian population. 0.o Weird coincidence?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So basically, by throwing this on the "terrorism" pile, they'll effectively seal most of the case. We'll only see spin and propaganda now. They will only show views that support the matter of "terrorism" and nothing more. Nothing that can ever possibly refute the claim of terrorism will be showed to the public.

Case sealed.

Just like James Holmes.

link   
Tragic day

Best wishes to the families envolved.

Scary thing,it happened only minutes from where I live.
These events dont happen here,butt hats becoming all to common of a phrase.

Hopefully this is the last one.

link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Originally posted by TechUnique

Take away the guns already. If you can't use them for good, don't use them at all. I think It's time you gave up your guns. How many more need to die?

Really? You wanna try taking their guns be my guest but you certainly won't be theirs. Gun control in the states is one of the most stupid ideas I've ever heard.

Is a bomb better than a gun? How about a knife? They all kill people mate.

True, but here in the UK, where not everyone has access to a gun from over the counter. People generally don't go on mass killing sprees. Every other day.

You see with a knife people generally stand some sort of chance. Hense the phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun show."
edit on 5-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

Too bad that arming a big part of the population against the rest of said population, where the latter can not carry weapons, never worked before, and never will either.

Here in Europe, I can't even carry a knife...
edit on 5/8/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like it's the 90's all over again? "Domestic" they say... like they're nestalgic for the good ole days of Timmy McVeigh

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I heard that the killer, was dropped off. If that is true, it means more then one person involved. Also, as this was a visiting Priest, it could mean he was targeted.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That's a good one. But if someone goes to all the trouble to design and create a 3d printer gun then they are probably insane enough to use it.

Maybe you are all right and we can't contain the situation with gun control. Let's just give up and let people shoot us.

In total fairness, it seems you are actually fighting a losing battle with mental deterioration in the US. Shall we predict when the next massacre will be.

I'll just remind you though, the US isn't a war like Syria. So this behaviour isn't the norm.

let me put it another way

i have some martial arts training, mostly self taught
i know and have practiced [on 1 inch boards] nearly 200 ways of killing a person
witjh a single blow

should i cut off my arms and legs to please 'fraidy cats like you?

the most dangerous weapon in the human arsenal
only fires neurons.

should i do as you seem to be doing?

edit on 5-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

yet any fraidy cat could waste you in 2 seconds with a well placed shot from a gun.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I guess only guys with turbans carrying AK-47's can be labeled terrorists

This was an act of TERRORISM against a peaceful group of people who gathered for worship and a dinner, there were women and children there.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join