It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shooting at Oak Creek, WI

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Trying to find out who the guest speaker was but can't seem to find it?

Was there racial problems in the city before? Or is this a total surprise attack?

Wondering if it was a hit on the guest speaker?

Lots of questions will be asked over the next few days.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There is always a reason...

Crazy just doesn't suffice. You already know that.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let me add that it is also sad that a Sikh was mistaken for a Muslim.

Although there is no guarantee that this was the case, we all know that our common sense tugs at the notion. I agree that Sikhs are peaceful people. So much so that they are almost martyrs in their actions. No PUN intended for sure.

I don't pray much but I'd like to offer some for the victims. Let's pray to our Spirit Guides?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

According to the temple goers there was never really any issues. There were no threats at all before this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

I am sure their was a reason to this. Knowing that someone dropped the killer off, means they had a reason to do it. I hope they catch the person who dropped him off. Their are MANY cameras, in that area, due to the airport, being around there. I would assume the FBI is already looking into that angle.
edit on 5-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think it's best to give some perspective so that people don't erroneously think this is happening at an "accelerated" rate for no good reason.

The US has over 300 million people.

Of that, approximately 1% are psychopaths.

Of those ~3million psychos, a very small percentage ends up going on a mass killing spree.

Still, over two dozen multiple homicides are reported in the US each year.

That's two every month.

I'm not sure why the media is choosing to highlight this topic, atm, but it's the same shennanigans as what happened after the guy ate that other guys face. Anything remotely related was put on spotlight, and mysteriously connected.

The truth is that these unfortunate events are a reality in this world, and it doesn't have to involve crazy theories to make sense of it.

Some people simply go off their rockers.

link   

Originally posted by djr33222
There is always a reason...

To the knuckle-dragging crowd, 'different' is always enough for hatred.

link   
Unconfirmed witness reports were that the priests were made to lie down then shot.

SikhActivistNetwork ‏@sikhactivist
Unconfirmed Reports: Gunmen made priests lie down & shot them in Sikh Temple. #TempleShooting

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Make sure that everyone is copying and screen shotting (spelling?) the information as it comes out. I would love to see everyones comparisons of the information as it may be changed drastically as in the Aurora shootings.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Dont know about Martial Law..........

I do know this, this is evil. Anyone that needs to kill for no reason, is evil.

the only valid reason i can see is self-defense
or cases where killing 1 can save thousands

remember, lots of the killing going on nowadays
have "reasons"/rationalizations/justifications behind them

still too early to speculate on this case
edit on 5-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: not giving spelling nazis a chance

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Updated info....

Greenfield Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt, acting as public information officer at the scene, said the shooting was reported at 10:25 a.m. at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek, south of Milwaukee along Lake Michigan. The shooting happened shortly before Sunday services were to begin.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

A police officer who is a 20-year law enforcement veteran responded to the scene and confronted a gunman outstide the temple. The officer was shot multiple times, Wendlandt said. The officer returned fire, striking and killing the gunman. The wounded officer was taken to a hospital where he was undergoing surgery.

Wendlandt said four bodies were found inside the temple and three, including the suspected gunman, were outside.

He did not identify or describe the victims.

He said no additional suspects were identified but police were investigating reports about the possibility of at least one more gunman being involved.

He called the situation "fluid." Police who entered the temple were trying to identify everyone inside.

usnews.nbcnews.com...
edit on 8-5-2012 by Springer because: Please limit copy/paste to 10% or LESS of the original source.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We have a lot of these people here in BC.
they are nice people, there are certain things which set them off however....
Sikh homeland.....They desire this fervrently...specially in India....
The golden Temple in Sritsar(sp) india is was a sikh temple where they had armed resistance to the goverment...remember that one?The siege of the Golden Temple?
Sikh and Punjabs dont mix well either, and they get violent at times.....
One thing about the sikhs , if they get up tight, the swords and weapons come out.....even over Temple elections....like when the younger Sikhs tried to gain support for the Sikh terrorists in India...it was violent at times in Surrey(suberb of vancouver)
Also the Indian gangs were shooting the # out of their rivals a while back...with assault rifles on busy streets.....
Theyre no patsys, they do get rammy too.....but generally the temple is place of reverence and peace as well as fellowship they feed anyone who comes too...its great grub by the way......
I wonder if the speaker was from the golden temple crowd?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
By the way, just as I am reflecting on this, SOMETHING just occured to me.

do not allow a blackout on this. I can't get the proof for this yet but I know I heard it. A female officer early on in incident reported over the scanner that there is complete cctv coverage in temple so they would be able to identify any suspects.

REMEMBER THIS.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So they are calling it a hate crime even though they have no motive yet? How does that work exactly?

"We have no idea," he said of the motive. "It's pretty much a hate crime. It's not an insider."

Wow, nice to know they waited to understand before making a judgment call.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The update I posted above your post, has a member of the Temple, stating it was a white male in his 30's. Not an insider, according to his quote. I also read the shooter that was killed, was wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt, and bald.

Sorry can't help more.

Des

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So it seems the shooter was targeting the priests?

Not to sound crude, but if you were going for number of bodies killed you would shoot into the crowd of worshipers and not take time to target the priests.

That seems to be a motive of sorts. Seems he went into building, killed priests then started to leave if he was shot in parking lot.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Some photos, somewhere down on there is a witness report that it was a militia.

Here, I found it:

'Well-Coordinated Attack' Amardeep Kaleka, a member of the temple whose mother and father were inside at the time of the shooting, told WISN that there were multiple shooters and it was a "well-coordinated" attack. "Post-9/11, a lot of Sikhs were attacked because we wear turbans and we have long beards and Afghanis look like us, and we look like Afghanis," he said. "Post-9/11, multiple were murdered. Murdered in New York, murdered in Phoenix, and there have been plenty of documentary films on that. The threat is always there. We know that threat, but we're a very peaceful community... Today was very, very much out of the blue." -- Amanda Terkel

edit on 5-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join