It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman: What about Donald Menzel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Mr. Friedman, first let me, as one of the top-tire managers of this site, portray what a wonderful honor it is for us to have you participating here with us. I have one question that has long intrigued me about the concepts and theories revolving around "Majestic 12" and the incident at Roswell. As you've often noted, Donald Menzel stands out in the list of the 12 participants known as the "Majestic 12". Have you ever considered that Menzel's participation was selected because of his ability to describe and debunk UFO's? Specifically, because the MJ12 group may have been tasked with creating the entire event as a cold-war propaganda ruse to cause the Soviets to believe we possess potential other-world technologies. If this were the case, Menzel's experience would certainly be helpful. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I discussed my findings about Menzel in an article in International UFO Reporter (1988), and in a Chapter in my book TOP SECRET/MAJIC (1996)and in my 108 page "Final Report on Operation Majestic 12" (1990). I believe you have the sequence wrong. He was involved from the beginning (1947), had written science fiction and popular science articles, was the best qualified to debunk UFOs especially after the huge numberof sightings in 1952. starting years after the advent of MJ-12. I was truly shocked when I discovered in his papers at the Harvard Archives in 1986,( which I needed written permission from 3 different people to see)that he had a longer continuous association with the NSA and its Navy predecessor than anybody,that he did classified work for 30 different compnies, had a TOP SECRET Ultra clearance with the CIA etc etc. he was close to Vannevar Bush and lloyd Berkner, knew Bronk quite well etc. He was the best equipped of the 12 from both an astronomoical point of view and a debunking view. The EBD, CT, and TF memos are genuine as I note in two different articles on my website. There have been other phony documents put forth especially via Tim Cooper.
In Canada (where I live) we don't get the US History Channel so I haven't yet seen their program on MJ-12 broadcast on Sunday, October 10, though I was interviewed at length.

new topics

join