It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useless prophets should be outlawed ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When oh when are people going to realise that all this stuff about the GFOL is nothing but a load of hogwash tripe, made to build on peoples emotions for the want of a better existence and life, wake up and stop feeding these clowns incomes that come up with this rubbish ...e.g.
Sheldon (Higher Council) Nidle,
Blossom (Oct14th Mass Landing ) Goodchild
and last but not least, the one and only,
David ( im a right) Wilcox.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WAKEYWAKEY

There are a number of other names you could add to that list.
It's frustrating, yes, very frustrating.

As frustrating as it is, however, these people are afforded the freedom to make up and practice any 'religion' they want to practice, regardless of how fraudulent, so long as the frauds perpetuated are within whatever legal boundaries appropriate to the location.
Gullible people will continue to flock to them, and if not one, it'll be another.

It's sad, and frustrating, especially where the noise from these camps bleeds over into genuine research and interest in whatever this phenomenon is.
We can only try keeping our heads and staying as objective as we can, as well as reporting fraud and charlatanism whenever we see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

To be fair, all prophets are equally useless. Some people just put more faith in some than others. All are shysters and all are fake.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

To be fair, all prophets are equally useless. Some people just put more faith in some than others. All are shysters and all are fake.

Not that's just plain untrue. Prophets, weither they have a divine connection with God or not. Have shaped our beliefs, principles, and society for eons!

The Buddha and Jesus have touched the lives of billions of people through the century's. Their knowledge has given insight to the way we view reality and give us a platform to how we live our lives.

Regardless of how much you may not like it. "Prophets" have shaped your worldview and your parents worldview and the ancestors before you. Too deny that is to deny everything you have come to understand and know to be true.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Not that's just plain untrue. Prophets, weither they have a divine connection with God or not. Have shaped our beliefs, principles, and society for eons!

The Buddha and Jesus have touched the lives of billions of people through the century's. Their knowledge has given insight to the way we view reality and give us a platform to how we live our lives.

Regardless of how much you may not like it. "Prophets" have shaped your worldview and your parents worldview and the ancestors before you. Too deny that is to deny everything you have come to understand and know to be true.

indeed, jules verne , and a whole slew of sci-fi writers comes to mind.

member jakius fogg made a prediction
and it came to pass as well

the naysayers, being the supreme and all-knowing paragons of intelligence and wisdom that they are
will have no trouble following up on that, on their own.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What we need is a population which has been trained to think critically about events. What we have, however, is a population which tends to believe most of what it reads on the net and sees on TV. Banning prophets isn't going to make our population savvier about decision-making in general. Obama would never have been elected but for the Gullible-Gus types who chose him for his promised "change," his youth, his skin color. It is in the government's best interest to have a populace of suckers because then they can pull the wool over our eyes. Banning prophecies will merely get Old Millie down the street arrested when she states she thinks it will rain today. We already have too many crazy laws.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Outlawed why?

Anyone with an ounce of common sense could determine that these groups are ridiculous. So are many religions. I thing something like Scientology should be outlawed well before some prophets that hopefully, almost no one listens to and takes seriously.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is a good rule of thumb when it come to those why say they are in the know on ETs and UFOs. If they want money to tell you, they are probably making it up, or saying it because they were ordered to do so. In all of my reading, seeing photos and videos for 40 years or more.....a good 90% of it is fake. The real ET is a lot smarter than to get themselves caught on film, with a few exceptions such as Billy Meier, and a few photos taken at Holloman AFB in 1955 by Military personnel.

I know what I know from personal experience. One forced abduction in 1985, and several down right invitations during the 1990s, one in which I was allowed to see Earth from space.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Oh yes, let's make them all criminals.

Can't have free speech can we?

Remember this?

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

It's frustrating, yes, very frustrating.

Try skipping a thread once in a while, you aren't majickally compelled to post in every sinlge one on A&U.

I'm serious here. It is the reason you are so often ignored.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What should really be happening is educating people more so they are not taking in by the nonsensical ramblings of a madman and ensure people are living in a society that provides them with something more than the false hope and hysteria a prophet can generate amongst the gullible.

Apart from that, not much you can do, id be very suspicious about criminalising peoples right to express idea, no matter how idiotic they are.

Unless of course you are talking negatively about disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, nationality, religion, race, sexual orientation. Maybe what your saying is slanderous, libelous, contrary to states secrets acts maybe what you said was just insulting to someone. THEN OF COURSE THATS ALL ILLEGAL.

May aswell criminilise "prophets", land them in jail for being sorcerers for all I care, far worse has been done to peoples freedom of speech and expression over the years.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey everyone..

Just typin along to get my 20 posts...

You know, so I can post on the official boards...

But noooooooo

For now I'm here stuck with you guys : )

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just gonna go ahead and post another one.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Do not mind this one either.

Keep moving along, before long you'll forget I ever made these post count posts.

*flashes your brain with a flashy thingy*

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
*peeks his head around the corner*

Hey, it's me again...

How the heck is anyone supposed to get 20 posts to post on the main boards when all the entry level boards suck?

haha.

I mean, really, that's either supposed to take a really long time... because there's hardly anything interesting over here except the Galactic Federation of Light, and... that's not really all that interesting... more frightening that people actually believe that stuff.

Galactic Federation of Light... lol...

Wait, wait.. no.. seriously. Galactic of Federating Light is real...

But I'm not...

*poof vanish*

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Workin on post 16 here... I don't want to bother you folks at this thread too much.

I'm sure you work hard keepin it nice and tidy.

I guess, Um.. I'll tell you a little about myself... and my history...

and why I feel I would be a good contribution to ATS...

I have, in the past, played John Titor... on a message board, i slaved over the gruelling details so that none of them contradicted eachother... you must have at least contemplated how the intertwining and paradox creating nature of time travel would make it difficult to uphold and support a hoax over a long period of time....

well, it is...

It's maddening. And also, so wrong.. Let me tell you, it's WRONG to scam people like that. You don't really know how wrong until you do it. Giving people false hopes is a bad thing, I think.

But, no.. Im not the REAL John Titor.. or even the real FAKE John Titor...

I simply went to a message board and convinced everyone that I was indeed the real John Titor...

I mean, really, I convinced a lot of people. It was awesome. People showered me with favor and adoration...

Everytime, I'd expect someone to say "Pics or GTFO" but no... everyone WANTED to believe I was the real
John Titor.

Let me tell you, friends.

You don't really know how gullable people are until you do something like this.

-JT

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes, lets just go back to the dark ages where people were thrown into dungeons and burned at the stake shall we?

Because outlawing someones "vision" of the future would eventually cause just that...again.

IMO

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Not true prophets. Any prophet should be tested. If just one of his prophesies is false, he is false. A true prophet will receive his prophesies only from the Jewish/Christian God, Jesus Christ. He will teach correct doctrine. He will be hated for preaching against sin and teaching repentance. Prophets don't always say that they are prophets.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If that happened real prophets would be shot and killed.

new topics

top topics

join