It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wartime tasks split: US to smash Iran’s missiles, Israel tackle Syria, Hizballah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Debka works for Mossad
I wouldnt put it past the Isrealis to be egging Iran into initiating conflict...in fact i would expect it.
Debkas just doing its job of prepping us for the war.....whatever way it plays out they want it to happen......
I think Isreal wants to get the upper hand for a long time to come so they can make themselves unassailable as possible..then maybe theyll settle down a bit and farm.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Soshh

Its almost impossible to restrict Iran's influence now.

Now that what? And no it isn't. This time next year it will be less influential than it is today. I would bet good money on it.

What makes you think they will be more cooperative once they have nukes? I'm confident they will be even more belligerent. N.Korea is a good example.

Rhetorically belligerent perhaps. I agree, North Korea is a great example. The harmless lunatic. Unlike North Korea, I don't think that Iran actually wants to produce a nuclear-tipped ICBM.

Did you hear the bearded one in Iran running his mouth just this week? He basically said there will never be ME peace until Israel is obliterated. Does that sound reasonable to you?

There were quite a few bearded Iranians running their mouths this week. Which one do you mean? Why would it sound reasonable to me? Do I strike you as unreasonable?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The article makes perfect sense, logistically and politically.

I think Turkey can both secure their southern territories, as well as act as a check for Russia, on the ground, sea and air....which would align with their NATO obligations, and "definitely" not anti-Muslim.
edit on 5-8-2012 by BrutalDictator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hello Seabag, ATS Readers, Writers,

Boy howdy... them dang Israeli's just keep pumping out the propaganda dont they!?!?!?? WOW...

They are praying to God for an excuse to start another dang war! Grabbing at straws even of lately..sigh.

Like one of the posters below said, Why would Israel tell the enemy what the plan was... Crazy..some weird psychological thingy going on there obviously eh?

Debka is kinda notorious for putting out things that dont happen... none the less, still a forboding type of new story on the issue of Syria and etc. Definately a stepping up of the war rhetoric eh?

The plausibility of it rings true and makes sense that the "plan" mentioned would be PART of an overall operation against this region..but the blowback from it all is what leaders seem to not care about, or really consider.

One of these days "someone" is gonna say enough is enough, and get reall cranky about all this empire stuff...kinda like they did with Germany in 1939..

I am with you in hoping it just more bluster, but the "talk" keeps getting worse and worse, not better.

And Mr Dinnerjacket in Iran has said some pretty inflaming remarks lately too..for one who wants peace, he seems to egg it on just as much as the Israeli's...might explain them funny pics of him with his fingers positioned a certain way??

Hmmm.. S&F for bringing this to ATS readers, and hoping it is all bluster once again. War seems to be inevitable for this region..a BAD one, and the nutters are running to fight, trying to get one going on almost any workable excuse.. sad.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
poor Israel is struggling for life then you say it is going to war !

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

We’ve been hearing about a strike on Iran for years now but I must admit this plan at this time definitely seems most plausible. I’m not saying I support this idea. I’m simply stating that this seems like the most likely scenario. We are close to one of the most hotly contested US presidential elections in history, Iran is becoming increasingly paranoid and its actions increasingly erratic .....

Iran acting paranoid? No.

I venture that they are acting quite restrained. Especially in light of *constant* overt threats (military and economic) by the US and proxy forces. Also, don't forget that the US and Israel are also committing acts of war against Iran (murdering scientists/ internet attacks, etc).

Lastly, consider the recent US (and proxy) wars of aggression in the region, the Iranians know this is no imaginary threat. The Navy build up is a show of phallus-waving of the highest order. The Iranian preps are warranted. A war is coming.

Keep in mind, western mainstream "media" is nothing more than propaganda. If you want facts, you'll have to dig on your own. Consider this story:

On July 19, freelance photographer John Cantile, alongside his Dutch colleague Jeroen Oerlemans, was kidnapped in northern Syrian and freed one week later.

Cantile said he was held in a camp by 30 foreign extremists ......

“Not a Syrian in sight. This wasn't what I had expected”, Cantile added. “Two of them were so Anglicised they couldn't speak Arabic”.

www.presstv.ir...

Second sourcing this (no doubt ignored) article might give you a peek at the propaganda we are being saturated with. The real terrorists are in Washington.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With more than twenty thousand Syrian troops ready to strike Aleppo, this may all come too late for the resistance. Then again, I don't know the numbers they hold. I had read 6-8,000 were in Aleppo, but who knows how accurate that is.

AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab has defected to the opposition seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad, a spokesman for Hijab said on Monday, marking one of the highest profile desertions from the Damascus government.

I saw this article this morning and thought it could be quite significant for the resistance, or after seeing this thread, perhaps the Prime Minister wants to get out before the SHTF.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Revealing the order of battle is not something a high ranking officer would do. This is either somebody's guess or a plant. Maybe it was designed to get the Irani's to move their missiles to 'safety' thus revealing their present and new locations. Plans made by Iran and Syria based on this information may lead to an alignment of assets that would simplify the battle plans for Israel and the US and maybe Saudi Arabia or Russia, if deals can be made.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Iran acting paranoid? No.

I venture that they are acting quite restrained. Especially in light of *constant* overt threats (military and economic) by the US and proxy forces. Also, don't forget that the US and Israel are also committing acts of war against Iran (murdering scientists/ internet attacks, etc).

Lastly, consider the recent US (and proxy) wars of aggression in the region, the Iranians know this is no imaginary threat. The Navy build up is a show of phallus-waving of the highest order. The Iranian preps are warranted. A war is coming.

Keep in mind, western mainstream "media" is nothing more than propaganda. If you want facts, you'll have to dig on your own. Consider this story:

Second sourcing this (no doubt ignored) article might give you a peek at the propaganda we are being saturated with. The real terrorists are in Washington.

I agree with you that the Iranian leadership is not acting paranoid.

They are getting real desperate and peeing in the pants right now fast.

They reap what they sowed. Their persian apostate leader had long admitted in full that he, in his leadership capacity, had long funded terrorism and the slaugher of innocent men, women and children around the world. His own admittance, freely given.

With the collapse of his ally HumanSlayer Assad, and revelations of his duplicities and games of destablization of every middle eastern and muslim state around the world, his blasphemous dreams of godhood are over. Even his funded terrorists - the foolish sunni Hamas, sunni militants disguised as the long dead Al Queda to destablise stable muslim states by insidiously setting up brother to fight brother, had woken up to his duplicities.

Only the sleeping are still following his commands to create and sow confusion, but they are only few remaining, as humanity - both muslims, shia and sunni, and fellow humans around the world, are getting fed up and want those atrocious games ended, and fully efficiently capable of ending those games.

And as for your source from press tv, it is rather misleading. Half a truth had only be told. Read the full interview from John Cantile, and then you will know which media is lying.

A British photojournalist has spoken for the first time about his capture and wounding by Islamist militants in northern Syria last month.

John Cantlie and Dutchman Jeroen Oerlemans were held for a week before being rescued by a Free Syrian Army group, part of the opposition trying to overthrow Bashar al-Assad....

......Oerlemans, who was wounded in the thigh, spoke last week of the pair's experience. He said there was no Syrian in the group that captured them on 19 July. "They were all youngsters from other countries, African countries, Chechnya. They said they thought we were CIA agents.

.....Cantlie did not describe their rescue but Oerlemans has said that the two men were in a tent, blindfolded, when they heard a group of men he assumed to be from the Free Syrian Army come in. "They were shouting at everyone, saying, 'How long has this been going on; this is outrageous,' yelling at the jihadis, and then they told us, 'You are free.' Our hearts leapt, of course."

UK Guardian - syria-islamists-capture-john-cantile

Radical Islamist mititants are only a small mercenary force but with a loud voice to look big within the Free Syrian Army that is made up largely of Free Syrian People, The FSA does not condone their acts, but with the rest of world not helping to end the slaughter, volunteers to get rid of the HumanSlayer Assad and his thugs, will be provisionally accepted.

The FSA, equipped only with light arms and nothing more than courage seeking for justice for their loved ones butchered, truly needs all the help they can get now, facing the mother of all slaughters from tanks, artillery,gunships, warplanes and more...
edit on 6-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

I agree with you that the Iranian leadership is not acting paranoid.

They are getting real desperate and peeing in the pants right now fast.

They reap what they sowed.

The Iranians are [so far] reaping what the US/UK/Israel has sowed. Since 1953.

And as for your source from press tv, it is rather misleading. Half a truth had only be told. Read the full interview from John Cantile, and then you will know which media is lying.

Radical Islamist mititants are only a small mercenary force but with a loud voice to look big within the Free Syrian Army that is made up largely of Free Syrian People, The FSA does not condone their acts, but with the rest of world not helping to end the slaughter, volunteers to get rid of the HumanSlayer Assad and his thugs, will be provisionally accepted.

So a world-diverse group of jihadis, top heavy with English Nationals, is camped out in Syria and took hostages. Then, they apparently take orders from the FSA to release those hostages.

And somehow, you think these are two separate groups? Further, you think that the west is not hip deep in arming the anti-government insurgents? I guess I must have misunderstood all those announcements in the western press about US/UK involvement....

The FSA, equipped only with light arms and nothing more than courage seeking for justice for their loved ones butchered, truly needs all the help they can get now, facing the mother of all slaughters from tanks, artillery,gunships, warplanes and more...

You have a career waiting in mindless propaganda if you ever decide to go pro.

In the meantime, the FSA insurgents have some interesting vids over on liveleak showing them destroying government T72's. To put this into perspective, there are people being butchered all over the middle east. The people doing the killing is Washington and their proxies.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

haven’t seen congress declare war so war should not occur (but the law doesn’t seem to stop Obama). I’m of the mindset that if we have credible evidence of an imminent threat and congress declares war we should go in with full force and get it done. That has not occurred in the case of Iran.

Are you serious? You are advocating all out war against a nation tens of thousands of miles away?

If the US did go in with 'full force' there wouldn't be any country left to negotiate with afterwards. How long do you think the US will last with that mentality? Not very long.

That said, if war breaks out with Iran neither side is going to pull punches. Israel and the US will hit Iran. Hard.
Iran will retaliate by targeting everything and anything pro-American or even slightly allied with America. Shabab-3 missiles galore.

Best of luck when you piss off Iran, Russia and China though. My country won't be caught in the war so I couldn't care which side comes out of it the least worse hit.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Trajan because: BB Code

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Are you serious? You are advocating all out war against a nation tens of thousands of miles away?

Are YOU serious??

You just quoted me saying that none of the criteria for war has been met and then turn around and accuse me of advocating war??

Bad reading comprehension?

If the US did go in with 'full force' there wouldn't be any country left to negotiate with afterwards. How long do you think the US will last with that mentality? Not very long.

First of all, the conditions necessary for the US to go to war have not been met because congress has not declared war. If it does declare war there won’t be an Iranian regime left to negotiate with when we're done, so you’re partially correct.

As for Russia and China…They have no say in the matter.

Meh…

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Debka works for Mossad

I wouldnt put it past the Isrealis to be egging Iran into initiating conflict...in fact i would expect it.

Debkas just doing its job of prepping us for the war.....whatever way it plays out they want it to happen......

I think you’re right…this appears to be propaganda simply because no country would broadcast its next move publicly like that, though the plan does make a lot of sense strategically.

I think Isreal wants to get the upper hand for a long time to come so they can make themselves unassailable as possible..then maybe theyll settle down a bit and farm.

Don’t most countries want to be as “unassailable as possible” so they can live in peace? There are a few exceptions to this rule (Iran, N Korea, Syria, and the rest of the nations that sponsor terrorists and nuclear proliferation).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

First of all, the conditions necessary for the US to go to war have not been met because congress has not declared war. If it does declare war there won’t be an Iranian regime left to negotiate with when we're done, so you’re partially correct.

As for Russia and China…They have no say in the matter.

Given the integrity of the House and Senate, I'm confident they would declare war at the drop of the hat if enough cash crossed their palms. Point being, don't count their vote as anything meaningful. This is unfortunate as the only organized body that could possibly counter US aggression is the UN -- and of course they are largely controlled by the US.

If you don't think China and Russia don't have a say in their sphere of influence, you're dreaming.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Given the integrity of the House and Senate, I'm confident they would declare war at the drop of the hat if enough cash crossed their palms. Point being, don't count their vote as anything meaningful.

It is important because the constitution requires a declaration of war by congress.

This is unfortunate as the only organized body that could possibly counter US aggression is the UN -- and of course they are largely controlled by the US.

The UN is the dangerous body here…it is the military arm of the globalist’s NWO. I don’t support US participation in the UN at all! We should pull funding and leave them be.

If you don't think China and Russia don't have a say in their sphere of influence, you're dreaming.

Other countries do not dictate our foreign policy (or at least they shouldn’t). Besides, this crap about Russia and China being military superpowers that should be bowed down to is ridiculous. They surely don’t want to start trouble with the US which is why they simply pussy-foot around in the UN blocking sanctions and such. There won’t be any overt intervention from either country should the US enter a conflict with Iran or Syria or anybody else for that matter.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Now that what? And no it isn't. This time next year it will be less influential than it is today. I would bet good money on it.

I mean RIGHT NOW Iran isn’t persuaded or influenced by the US….it certainly won’t be once it has nukes.

Rhetorically belligerent perhaps. I agree, North Korea is a great example. The harmless lunatic. Unlike North Korea, I don't think that Iran actually wants to produce a nuclear-tipped ICBM.

Do you think for a second N. Korea would have pulled some of the crap it has if not for its nuclear capability; seriously?

There were quite a few bearded Iranians running their mouths this week. Which one do you mean? Why would it sound reasonable to me? Do I strike you as unreasonable?

Don’t be silly…I meant Mahmoud ‘The Bearded One’ Ahmadinejad.

And yes, if you think Iran isn’t pursuing nukes you’re quite unreasonable.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

I mean RIGHT NOW Iran isn’t persuaded or influenced by the US….it certainly won’t be once it has nukes.

I'm afraid that it's sod's law that when one party wants to talk, the other isn't interested. Up to now it has been the US pushing Iran in negotiations because Iran was in a stronger regional position than it had been for decades. However at this point in time, it appears that the US will accomplish its geopolitical goals without having to engage peacefully with Iran and in the near future I foresee Iran encouraging a reluctant US to accept a negotiated settlement. This is what it had envisioned to start with and that is why its nuclear programme is useful. It has far more utility as a bargaining chip.

Do you think for a second N. Korea would have pulled some of the crap it has if not for its nuclear capability; seriously?

Seriously. For example it attempted to assassinate the South Korean President in 1968, which was decades before it had a purported nuclear weapons capability and long after the US had deployed nuclear weapons in South Korea.

Actually there has been considerable debate surrounding NK's real capability with regards to nuclear weapons and I'm talking about before they brought fake ICBMs out on parade and failed to launch a satellite earlier this year.

Given the right material, anyone can conduct a nuclear test. Developing a functioning ICBM and attaching a miniaturised nuclear device is considerably more difficult. There are many in South Korea who would be willing to bet that NK doesn't have this capability, however what is known is the size and range of their conventional artillery force. Any nuclear weapons that NK does possess are likely to be bloody awful and that it is potentially nuclear armed does not change the fact that North Korea is of little geopolitical importance.

Don’t be silly…I meant Mahmoud ‘The Bearded One’ Ahmadinejad.

And yes, if you think Iran isn’t pursuing nukes you’re quite unreasonable.

No I don't think that they're pursuing nukes. I certainly think that some in Iran would quite fancy them but I don't think that they are actively pushing for one. They're nibbling around the edges.

And I wouldn't worry too much about what Ahmadinejad says.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join