It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the problem.....with women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
women are the most beautiful beings on earth, without any doubt, having countless wonderful qualities. and yet.......

women have had it rough. human history is dominated by bullies badgering the weak. it is no wonder that women would do everything in their power to protect themselves from violence, even using violence themselves to do so. however being 'the weaker' sex men have usually overpowered women and controlled them, either by force, the threat of force, or the threat of legal repercussions having the full support of society.
so what did they do? what have women done for ever? they have sublimated and repressed what they cant mentally handle- having to trust 'horrible' men, having to hide their true feelings, but probably most importantly- they didnt have very much control over their offspring's' environment, especially if they were girls.
this is where "witches" came from, although everyone to some degree is magical. you see- women, being as they were- secondary to men- went mental.....their lives became internalized. but women (here's the stretch of imagination) are connected to the earth (ergo universe) in a very direct way- menstruation and child bearing come to mind......the Moon does not physically affect the water in men as it does women- that's a biological fact.
so my point is this: women, who have a deep physical connection to the physical world, have been 'forced' to become stronger mentally and emotionally in order to survive. their power or energy has shifted from feminine to masculine, causing aggression, competition, and destructive thoughts within women to become a reality in the physical world. i wouldnt go so far as to say promiscuous women cause earthquakes, but i do believe that woman are in a constant state of recreating their world in their own image. some of them are saints and some of them are on speed, so it probably balances out overall, but i really do find it strange that at one point in American history women were being burned alive for being witches and somewhere in the 20th century women started to be taught to be witches...? i don't mean broomstick-riding, mole-on-the-nose witches, but rather people who control their own lives through the manipulation of thought and emotion.
I think this has a negative effect on the world just because it doesn't leave room for the silence (whaaa?). Beethoven said that music is the space between the notes, and (I say) if everyone is making noise there is no music.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
... Is men. (To finish your title for you)

The rest of your post is a poor attempt at phsyco analysing a sex you are not.

edit on 5-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Your post is just amazing.

You traverse the bounds of absolutely absurd to the immediately gob-smacking profound.

I would suggest you do a little more research and revamp the post - put in some paragraphs, etc. Cause really, you've got some great points. You've also got a huge dose a hogwash goin' on there - BUT! That your trying? That you're trying? That's what counts.

Oh and, well, revamp your title too. Cause there is NO problem with women.

On the other hand, maybe you're right. Maybe there is a problem...

Have a great Sunday!!!

S&F!!!

peace
edit on 5-8-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sinny got it right..... I can't add much more than to ask, what happened did you get dumped or something? A woman beat you for a job? Make more money? Jealous?

I mean really............. bringing up menstruation in your argument?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Off your meds? What in the hell did I just read?

this is where "witches" came from, although everyone to some degree is magical. you see- women, being as they were- secondary to men- went mental.....their lives became internalized. but women (here's the stretch of imagination) are connected to the earth (ergo universe) in a very direct way- menstruation and child bearing come to mind......the Moon does not physically affect the water in men as it does women- that's a biological fact.

The idea of Witches came from uneducated superstitious idiots.
edit on 5-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The idea of Witches came from uneducated superstitious idiots.
edit on 5-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

Who were tripping balls after getting ergot poisoning from eating moldy rye bread. At least that is the case in the Salem Witch trials, and probably much further back then that.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
All I gotta say on the subject.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

If women had any power I wish they'd use it to make lazy men hit the shift key to start sentences with a capital letter. JEEZ! Is it really that hard?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Op.. You are way off.. That is all.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

This is one of those rare times, I feel compelled to do this...lest I insert foot A into mouth B and violate T&C's.

Des

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Rockefeller also told Russo that his family's foundation had created and bankrolled the women's liberation movement in order to destroy the family and that population reduction was a fundamental aim of the global elite.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Eh. Kids today. Wattaya gonna do....?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"promiscuous women cause earthquakes"

Can I use that as my new signature?
None the less, it's about the most unfounded statement I've heard...ever.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Sinny got it right..... I can't add much more than to ask, what happened did you get dumped or something? A woman beat you for a job? Make more money? Jealous?

How about you actually read the post before making comments like this?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One simple rule:

The girl is always right, even when she isn't.

If the whole world would just get in line behind that one rule ...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just read through that incredibly hard to read wall of text and I have no idea what the problem with women is. Thanks for the run around though. May I ask what the point of this was???

Also, stars for everyone! I'm not entirely sure what this thread is about, but those comments were worth clicking the link.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

One simple rule:

The girl is always right, even when she isn't.

If the whole world would just get in line behind that one rule ...

That's how I've stayed married these past two decades!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Originally posted by vkey08

How about you actually read the post before making comments like this?

I did read that diatribe... It made little to no sense and was patently offensive, yet another thread bashing or degrading women as far as I was concerned..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Each sex has its drawbacks and its strengths. We complement each other. This is how we were designed.

When the right two people join together it is nothing short of divinity.

In my own case, I believe I was recently robbed of this state. It is the true difference between agony and ecstasy.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So women having more freedom is what's wrong with the world, is what I'm taking away from the OP.

Let's look at things that are different in the modern world that women (or anyone else) could not take advantage of in the past. The industrial revolution, technology, advances in medicine, access to better and consistent food, education, and other things I skipped, have all conspired to ensure that everyone (men, women, children) lives longer and has a higher standard of living and waaay more free time.

Most of us in the developed world no longer have to struggle for daily survival. Traditional concepts of gender roles are no longer critical for the group to survive. We no longer attribute every conceivable physical and mental issue under the sun as hysteria in women due to a wandering womb that necessitates regular trips to the doctor so she can be given an orgasm. Women now have more reliable access to feminine hygiene products which lets them leave their homes and participate in the outside world without the embarrassment of bleeding out. More women can now give birth without the very real fear most of their forebears had of potentially dying (up until the early 20th century there was still a 25% mortality rate among women who gave birth).

As far as witchcraft, let us look at that. In the past, most magic practitioners were women. It was firmly associated as a feminine thing and it was not necessarily condemned. Men who engaged in witchcraft were considered unmanly (though it did occur). Magic and weaving were intricately entwined (an apt metaphor for birth/creation)- so much so- that when women gathered to weave it was considered a powerful thing. Wands/staffs were the distaff used in the weaving process. Men would engage in physical warfare and women engaged in weaving as their outlet for war. Men would consult women who were considered gifted in magic before deciding to go to war. However, with the eventual development of more modern looms- men began taking over the process- and women were soon left out of important work that was once considered firmly in their domain. Holdouts to these old ways and stories were persecuted harshly.

So, one could say that the same advances in society that made life easier for everyone, also radically changed cultural concepts of traditional gender roles for men and women both. People did adapt though- in some ways for the better and in some ways for the worst. I think one major problem is that many of these changes came rapidly, leaving many to idealize a past that never existed, and associating the past gender roles as being better.

Never fear. It is my belief that most women, by virtue of just being themselves, will always embody what is feminine. I'm not talking about androgyny/intersex/transexualism/etcetera. There has always been a group that is other- it is simply that in modern society we're more aware of them now.

So, my point (I think I lost the plot there a little) is to turn your frown upside down. Nothing is as bad as you're making it out to be. Sure, we have our issues- but that's true of everyone throughout history. I, for one, am quite glad I'm a woman today. I have a tendency to romanticize the past myself, but I don't fool myself into thinking for one minute that I would actually want to live in the past. I'll just go join the SCA or something if that pull becomes too much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join