It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs = Reptilian Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Theory:

What if the cataclysmic event that destroyed the dinosaurs didn't actually cause them to go extinct. Killed most but not all, forcing the remaining to become more social and develop strategy to kill prey in order to survive. Thus setting the stage for evolution of mind. They certianly had enough time...considering how much time it supposedly took us. So they evolved to become the infamous reptilian aliens. If this did happen they certainly had enough time to become as or more evolved then us...enough time to cover their tracks before they left. Some people say it's mathematically improbable that aliens would visit our planet due to the enormosity of the universe. So if the reptilian aliens originated from this planet it would clearly get around that problem.

I would love to hear well thought out opinions on this idea. Either for it or against it.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well its a good theory that never can be disproved (unless the possible reptilians actually TALK about their history, lol)...

But looking at the years we are talking about, it doesnt make sense. People (or reptiles) that has dominated the planet so long wouldnt bend down to a bunch of primitive apes in clothes (or not, according to most fashion designers).

I wouldnt buy a "they moved over so we could live" theory, not even reptiles can be that stupid and passive. Then again WE do the same to endangered species. Hrm, well maybe we are a bit stupid and passive after all

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
People (or reptiles) that has dominated the planet so long wouldnt bend down to a bunch of primitive apes in clothes (or not, according to most fashion designers).

I wouldnt buy a "they moved over so we could live" theory, not even reptiles can be that stupid and passive.

I wasn't implying the reptilian aliens were some how overcome by our emergence. Nor that they left the planet so we could thrive. I was implying that considering the timeline they could have evolved long before our emergence. Or perhpas they predicted our evolution which is why they covered traces of their own.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This subject has tons of loop holes and well... holes.
You just have to find the right path, even tho it may not be
in plain view... its there.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xabora
You just have to find the right path, even tho it may not be
in plain view... its there.

Xabora,

This is a theory amongst theories. Im interested to see how it could evolve. I'm not professing that this theory is valid. I read alot on many different viewpoints concerning extraterrestrial life. So I have not found a path per se. Again I was simply hoping people would add to this theory either for or against it. So if you will could you please elaborate on this:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yeah, those Reptilians are from the Dinosaur Age... they actually do talk a lot, but people can't understand that. There was a war, not an asteroid. But some found a crater, and now they claim, that it is the impact area of an asteroid killing those Dinos. What if an asteroid did hit the Earth, but didn't cause any harm to the climate? Noone ever came up with that.... should an asteroid of that size really make the Sun disappear? It is only a theory, nothing more...

People are just trying to prove with every means, that we are the very first, most perfect intelligent species the Earth has ever created. Very pity.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Maybe they left when they saw the asteroid coming or when they thought there was another global killer event on the way. This could be asteroid, volcanic activity (Yellowstone super-caldera?) or some other kind of threat.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There have been many mass extinctions over time... maybe these survivors of the dinosaur age left the planet because they saw another mass extinction on its way and couldnt avoid it...

They may have left and when they returned found the climate not suitable for them, but noticed a new species evolving with intelligence... they could have covered their tracks from their previous occupation and then could have decided to monitor our species progress as an experiment... If they had a new home, i doubt they would have much reason to come back here if there was another species here and they could use us for research.

Valid, but improbable... but it cant be proven or dis-proven...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
If they had a new home, i doubt they would have much reason to come back here if there was another species here and they could use us for research.

Maybe it was just nostalgia (for want of a better word). I can never resist having a look to see what's happening in my old neighbourhoods if i'm ever nearby, maybe they did the same and whoa! What are all these little two legged mammal freaks doing here?

As for signs of their occupation, maybe they took as much as they could with them to help them start over (and possibly came back for the rest when they were able).

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What if the cataclysmic event that destroyed the dinosaurs didn't actually cause them to go extinct. Killed most but not all, forcing the remaining to become more social and develop strategy to kill prey in order to survive.

They didn't all go extinct....meet the Tuatara.
Tuatara's relatives were the beak headed reptiles (Rhinocephalia). These spread all around the world 200 million years ago, but died out 100 million years ago. Only Tuatara survived to become a "living fossil".

Tuatara may be a survivor, but a flying saucer/triangle/cigar pilot he/she aint.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point
Tuatara may be a survivor, but a flying saucer/triangle/cigar pilot he/she aint.

Are you sure? Those black eyes look very Grey to me

I its surely wondering:

"WTF, I crashed in the jungle??? Oh crap, now thousands of scientists are gonna think I'm a new race... Need to camouflage..."
*starts crawling on all four*

[edit on 11-10-2004 by merka]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Maybe they left when they saw the asteroid coming or when they thought there was another global killer event on the way. This could be asteroid, volcanic activity (Yellowstone super-caldera?) or some other kind of threat.

Or perhaps, that "asteroid" was deliberately launched... one day we will know that for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you believe that we as humans are just one of a series of past civilizations to evolve on Earth, then what about this. Perhaps the downfall of the last great civilization, (Atlantians), was the result of the last war between the Humans and the Reptillians. This could have also been the case with the Lemurians. Some believe that Humans have been on Earth for millions of years, (anyone here familiar with the Bock Saga)?

Anyway, if I'm correct, then we either forced the Reptillians underground during the last war, or they went underground due to climate changes from weapons or a similar cause.

a.1asphost.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
What if the cataclysmic event that destroyed the dinosaurs didn't actually cause them to go extinct

Well, it didn't... not entirely. Crocodiles are one holdover.

Killed most but not all, forcing the remaining to become more social and develop strategy to kill prey in order to survive.
There were already pack hunters and social (pack-living) dinosaurs. Several million years of existance didn't seem to add much to their IQ.

Thus setting the stage for evolution of mind.

While you might argue that pack-living animals do have intelligence, none approach homo sapiens. And you really have to define what you mean by "mind," here. Most creatures are self-aware and it's possible that the dinos were as well, but there's no way of measuring that.

They certianly had enough time...considering how much time it supposedly took us. So they evolved to become the infamous reptilian aliens. If this did happen they certainly had enough time to become as or more evolved then us...enough time to cover their tracks before they left.

That would also require some physical changes because they were either quadrupeds (and couldn't have made any technology) or they didn't have opposable thumbs (and had really short and tiny arms) They wouldn't have awakened the next day as "Instant Geniuses."

There's no transitional forms in the fossil record that indicate growing brain capacity in dinosaurs.

Some people say it's mathematically improbable that aliens would visit our planet due to the enormosity of the universe. So if the reptilian aliens originated from this planet it would clearly get around that problem.

It might, but there's also a lot of problems with that theory as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Assuming, that the mammals evolved from the reptiles, it is just impossible to state a war between the Reptilians and the humans. Just imagine that extremely high intelligence, what a simple reptile (animal) could possess in the jurassic wildlife! Do you really think, that a human could survive there?! It is not a coincidence, that reptiles have protective scales and that they evolved into powerful killing machines, e.g: crocodiles...

A human wouldn't have any chance to evolve, the mammals only evolved because the Tyrannosaurus no longer dominated the Earth with its similar friends.

Of course, you are right on the war between the Reptilians and the humanoids, who came to Earth with hostile reasons, but nobody forced them to go underground, they have their own planet to live there peacefully.

Today's humans are simply experimental animals, nothing more. Any of the aliens could wipe out the entire human community if they wanted to do that.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Assuming, that the mammals evolved from the reptiles, it is just impossible to state a war between the Reptilians and the humans. Just imagine that extremely high intelligence, what a simple reptile (animal) could possess in the jurassic wildlife! Do you really think, that a human could survive there?! It is not a coincidence, that reptiles have protective scales and that they evolved into powerful killing machines, e.g: crocodiles...

they are not killing machines,only humans are

all animals kill to survive,eat and insure the survival of their species.crocodiles do not kill just for the sake,they kill to survive.

A human wouldn't have any chance to evolve, the mammals only evolved because the Tyrannosaurus no longer dominated the Earth with its similar friends.

no one dominated the earth.it's the same predator/prey situation.

Of course, you are right on the war between the Reptilians and the humanoids, who came to Earth with hostile reasons, but nobody forced them to go underground, they have their own planet to live there peacefully.

no comment

Today's humans are simply experimental animals, nothing more. Any of the aliens could wipe out the entire human community if they wanted to do that.

humans survive not by adapting to nature,but by transforming it to their needs.of course aliens can destroy us but why?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Heh... ya, that is a little vauge.
But if you look around... namely in the Ancient & Lost Civilizationsforum
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Xabora, i'm sure that theory was a brief statement. The possibility of a intelligent race before us is highly possible, i mean they had a time limit of like 285 million years! Or something like that
I wouldnt expect to find them still living on this planet but there are massive possibilities. Such as the Egyptians! Their cryptic pictures on their building's walls show some sign of help by another race (Aliens) or atleast thats what the experts say. There probably is life out there but whether or not it came from earth? Thats a question that wont be answered for the next 1000 years.

Deny Ignorance

Semoro

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
So if the reptilian aliens originated from this planet it would clearly get around that problem.

I would love to hear well thought out opinions on this idea. Either for it or against it.

It's a nice theory, but it has some problems.

One, it assumes that the humanoid shape is the best design that nature can come up with. While they may not rise to the level of human intellect, there are a variety of animal-shapes that display amazing intelligence, from octopi to ravens to dolphins.

Second, if the dinosaurs that "reptilians" evolved from really did evolve into sapient beings, we would probably be calling them "avians" not "reptilians." Recent discoveries have changed how we see theropod dinosaurs, and many varieties are found to have feathers. See how scientists now think related dinosaurs may have looked here. Plus, some scientists believe a Ground Hornbill is more representative of what a sapient being evolved from dinosaurs would appear like, as opposed to so-called reptilian aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think this is definitely a possibility that dinosaurs evolved into an intelligent humanoid figures on earth. It’s not like they didn’t have the time. I mean it shows Humans evolve from 4 legged primates to what we are now. Why not dinosaurs? I think there is just way to much information suppressed in this world today. Just keep an open mind people, that’s all you got to do. They now say also that Dinos evolved into birds!

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join