It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving is one thing, but rescueing is another

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I take full responsibility for the destruction I caused my family and friends , a big part of working the 12 steps is making amends to those I've harmed as a result of my drinking . I don't have anyone to blame but myself . Alcohol is a symptom of the disease , it's not just about stopping drinking , it's learning how to live

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Getting back to the matter at hand....

When the Fudge hits the flipper, all of the old rules will evaporate. And suddenly the social categories will mean a lot less as well. Things like birth certificates and college degrees will not be accessible.

It will be a chance to re-invent yourself. If you get separated from your spouse, and decide you want to start over wit someone new, you just give the ring a slip and wait for the scar to fade. People did this on the American frontier all the time. People simply abandoned the relationships that were hurtful. I expect a lot of the same thing, when the lights go out.

That will be true for the homeless population as well. Once the internet goes down, a hobo's list of priors disappears as well. When no man has a shave or a shower, the lack of same will lose their stigma. When armies of refugees roam the footpaths, then the phrase "I used to be in management" will be equally believable coming from any bearded dude in a crowd.

Some of the downtrodden will take this as a singular chance to re-invent themselves as being "in the fold" of society, and will slip back into the mainstream.

<< 1   >>

join