It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
7 Products in Valerian
Valerian works in harmony with your natural cycle to promote relaxation.**
Valerian has been used for hundreds of years.
Valerian is designed to help with occasional sleeplessness.**
Valerian works in harmony with your natural cycle to support relaxation.**
What I'm trying to say, is that most often than not, it is the worry over being an insomniac that keeps one awake.
Originally posted by smyleegrl
Veteran insomniac here. These are the things that have helped me.
1. Bed is only for sleep and sex.
2. No naps, don't eat more than three hours until bedtime, cut out caffeine.
3. No exercising at least two hours before bed.
4. Go to bed and wake up the same time each day.
5. Meditation before bed can help relax you.
6. If you don't fall asleep within thirty minutes, move to another location to sleep. Like the couch or guest bed.
7. A glass of warm milk with a tablespoon of honey can help, but it tastes nasty.
Do a google search for "sleep hygiene" for more suggestions.
Originally posted by Rendier
Find the cause of your insomnia, rather than trying to drug yourself out of the symptoms.