It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pros and cons of ATS members regrouping if shtf ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why would I want to regroup with a bunch of paranoid strangers that I have never met???

With ideas like this....I think I will take my chances alone...it just seems safer.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When we are finally quarantined near the end of the event I will just wander around lost in the camp saying in a light tone, "ATS?" "ATS..", stumbling about..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I got this idea from replying to a post from nimbinned yesterday , and thanks again for a great thread ! With all the great minds and knowledge on this sight wouldn't it be a great plan for ATS members to find a way to regroup together by regions ? I'm not talking about the preppers that have a definite plan and place to go , but the members that are prepared and mobile but no set place to go ? There is safety in numbers and ATS members seem like a good bunch to hang with when the apocylipse happens ? All criticism is welcome , maybe it's not a good idea ? Who knows ? Let's here it ATS !!

ATS as a whole? No. Not a good idea.

Like minded members? By all means.

It's just like real life. Just because I work with you doesn't mean I want to hang out with you. There are people though that I would. Same with ATS. Some members here, if I met them in real life in a SHTF scenario, things might not go well. It would be important to be with people you get along with.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I would have to agree with some posters...why would i personally want to regroup with a bunch of paranoid persons like myself...because i would be suspicious of anything that members on here might be up to.

I have been making preparations for my family and i and others that may be close to me with various talents and capabilities to go off the grid without very much interference.

there is enough tech avail to the public to go underground (i dont mean into the earth) for a good few months....it might be just enough time to regroup and gather thoughts ...or it could just be enough time to last through an agonizing slow painful death.

Also ATS is not a meeting place for the sane now is it...really...I mean i If others here are anything like myself...trust is not big on the list of things i would associate with ATS members...If anything i would think people are here because of lack of trust in what we get told by TPTB.

Also I know there is a good proportion of Americans on here...and frankly America i don't think is a good place to be when the SHTF for the simple reason IT is the American ideals that are going to be hit the hardest....IT will be a dog eat dog scenario...and when Americans resist the Enslavement of mankind they are going to be the least prepared...I have always thought the best people for any chance of survival are going to be the dumpster divers...For many of them i think it will be a bona fide lottery win for them....their scavenging skills will far out weigh anyone with the best of intentions as they are already harden to survival on the streets......

What are those words...the meek shall inherit the earth.....The upper class and the middle class i believe will suffer the most as the comforts of life are removed from them....just the fact that they may not be able to communicate will send many of them into hysterics.

I think living in places like middle Europe such as Bulgaria and such will be the best chances to be in for survival...I am from Canada....I live in England....will move towards eastern Europe soon...It is all in prep for when TSHTF If i was in America i think i would head south....down into the likes of Peru...or Chile....possibly Brazil...close to Bolivia or Paraguay.

So if Regrouping means moving to foreign lands then that is what i would personally suggest....These are just my paranoid delusional opinions...but they are mine and i trust in my instincts....but Personally ATS members Regrouping together...unless your close friends with some members already i would not myself even entertain the thought.

Nice romantic sweet idea OP....but personally count me out....Survival is going to become a very fluid and dynamic set of circumstances....It is not going to be about gathering in a place with people of similar beliefs or concerns...I believe it will be about being able to become extremely mobile and learning to fend for yourselves on a moment by moment basis.

edit on 063131p://f10Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Gotta admit there would be some brain power, alot of gun nuts and ex military too.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Clever idea sir. I know there are a fair amount of members living in this city.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Well we've all seen what ATS is like.
Can you imagine anyone agreeing on a time and place ?
or whether the S had actually hit the F yet ?
Or if it was all an illusion caused by chemtrails ?
Or whether meeting was just what the reptilians wanted us to do ?

Love the idea btw but judging by the site we'd be a nightmare trying to get along !

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If the S did HTF and you loot a house leave the front door open to indicate that its been looted clean . That way if we dont meet up atleast we could save each other from wasting time, only us ATSers will now about it

Ill leave a can of frank n beans in every mail box I see so watch for that lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'd be too worried I'd be one of the first to be cannibalized due to being a Christian

In all seriousness though, such plans are never a bad idea. But they are a terrible idea with anyone you wouldn't trust with your life. Quite frankly I don't know anyone here that well

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Pros: Some smart folks on here that would know how to survive
Cons: I like pretty girls that arent nuts

Id prob just find a group of pretty girls who needed some fish caught and some warmth at night
edit on 5-8-2012 by salmoneggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What about all the shills?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Totally depends on what members we are talking about meeting up with. There are two ATS members I can think of right away I would like to get to know better, because I would trust them implicitly to have my back. And you better believe I would have theirs, if the SHTF. But that is only because I have been reading their posts for years, and know what they stand for.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Totally depends on what members we are talking about meeting up with. There are two ATS members I can think of right away I would like to get to know better, because I would trust them implicitly to have my back. And you better believe I would have theirs, if the SHTF. But that is only because I have been reading their posts for years, and know what they stand for.

my thoughts ...

EXACTLY ~!!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by subfab

If said ATS mug is made in the USA I would buy one trally.
Could I bother you to check?
Thanks G.

i checked the bottom ot the cup. it says made in china.

i ordered it through cafe press.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks for all the good feedback and keeping the thread reasonably civil ! Maybe we should regroup by forums ? Ill stick with the survival and food and cooking !! All the best ATSers !

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I'd be too worried I'd be one of the first to be cannibalized due to being a Christian

In all seriousness though, such plans are never a bad idea. But they are a terrible idea with anyone you wouldn't trust with your life. Quite frankly I don't know anyone here that well

if your a true christian .....and know that betraying your brotheren would cost you blessings in the furture and wrench your heart out of your chest for doing so .. then ..

knowing them throws it completely out the window.
because you/we already 'know' each other .. yes ?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by rick004

i will be easy to spot.
i will be wearing my ATS t-shirt and sipping from my ATS coffee mug.

i only signed up to ATS for the coffee mug.

if you see me after the SHTF, bring water and a burger.

-subfab

Will you have a collection of Lovecraft's works? If so.... I might have to meet up with you *hides rambo knife slowly but awkwardly*

I'm good company

i will have real books. not ebooks from:

h.p. lovecraft
robert e. howard
rex stout
tony hillerman
jrr tolkien
clive cussler
stephen king

-subfab

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

if your a true christian .....and know that betraying your brotheren would cost you blessings in the furture and wrench your heart out of your chest for doing so .. then ..

knowing them throws it completely out the window.
because you/we already 'know' each other .. yes ?

Never said I was a "true" or "good" Christian, and God forbid I ever do.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

They could predator drone us all at once, that would be a major con. I don't think our australian rendezvous would be as valuable a target as our american counterparts though, not many guns here.... it does seem like a great majority of ats members have guns, some more than one....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think that something that could come up with ATS member's regrouping in a survival situation could be a power struggle between two or more people. Since ATSer's (specifically in this survival sub forum) generally are prepared and have survival knowledge, it could turn into person A wanting to go one route and person B wanting to do something completely different. We can be an un-agreeable bunch.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join