It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People Even READ Their Own Threads ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm wondering if people even read some of the stuff they write.

A man with mental issues, goes into a theater and murders people and it's because the government was mind controlling him. Really ? A man obsessed with his local politician goes to her event and shoots her. She goes through several months of therapy ON VIDEO but he all of a sudden was a mind control subject and she faked getting shot. Seriously ? For WHAT , exactly ? Why ? How does a bug flying across the view of a camera all of a sudden mean the Illuminati is spying on us with micro robotic drones?

How does an obvious wave of water become undeniable proof of the infamous lochness (sp) monster ? How many times do people have to post pictures of balloons and toys before some people realize those are not alien craft in the sky? How many set dates have to come and go before some people finally get the fact that the "Galactic Federation of Light" is NEVER coming because they really don't exist ? Why is it that every single scientific breakthrough is somehow a plot to destroy humanity?

There are real conspiracies out there. There are real threats to the environment and the planet as a whole out there. There is real damage being done to our global governmental structures in place right now going unchallenged. There are real serious discussions to be had about the world in which we live and the future we wish to have. But I think there's a lot of fluff that's cheapening the purpose of that debate and those discussions and it's drowning out real serious conversation.

I am interested in all topics which is why I read all forums. And I see this stuff in every single one of them. I'm not beating my chest as one who thinks I have all answers to all things. If you read my threads, you know I am in seeking mode and I ask more questions than give answers even when it pertains to my own experiences. But this barrage of blatant denial in the face of facts that I'm seeing lately is just insane. Do people actually READ what they post ? Do they apply logic to their assertions ? Do they ask themselves why ?

Or are they afraid the answer will lead them back to something even more ridiculous like a royal bloodline of powerful lizard people controlling the world? Isn't that where it always ends up ? The Bohemian Grove, the secret meetings, the Masons, Illuminati. Doesn't it all go back to some fantasy about Lizard people controlling the world ? I'm not going to tell people what they should and should not write. But on behalf of those of us who use logic in our approach to various topics, please don't get irate with us for showing skepticism.

P.S. The emoticons are there for a reason. To be used.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
ha ha ha!
i know i do.
i'm pretty sure i'm the only one who does!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Well, I speculated for a while, but I'm done with that. Now I will try to bring up issues that have facts backing them up... so less predictions. Still, it is fun every once in a while to think of possibilities.

You are right though - in the time period we are in, there are actually plenty of documented conspiracy "theories" going on. I think we are in the middle of a pretty major paradigm shift.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i know right!

sometimes i think they should rename this site ABOVE TOP STUPID.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I like this thread someone with his head screwed on, if you will. S+F to you my friend

Oh and i don't read my own threads just to answer your question

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Two words drive ATS....Stars and flags.

Never mind deny ignorance...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If you were using "skepticism" to get to the truth of a matter, you would call all things into question equally. You wouldn't stop just because someone gave you an explanation that's comfortable for you, and fit what you want to continue believing.

Can you say for an absolute fact those men weren't mind controlled? Can those who argue that he was state for a fact they are right, and you are wrong? I suspect no, is the answer to both questions.

While some things may be obvious, others aren't. And neither side of many of the debates we have here at ATS can speak definitively on any given topic. We know what we are told, and we know what we have read. In some cases, we might even get to see. Much of the information we receive is subjectively reported before we even get the chance to peruse it.

I don't believe anyone here at ATS can say with true objectivity those men were, or were not mind controlled. Or even if there are lizards flying around the world in their spaceships. We flat don't know for certain. But hey, whatever makes a person feel better, and keeps them in their comfort zone, right?
edit on 8/5/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I AGREE!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
well after actually pondering what you posted,in a serious manner,( i promise i won't crack off again!)
it ha become quite apparent since i came back to ATS,the total lack of any thing really interesting to read.

it just seems to be nominal,poorly spelled,uninformative drool!
has the average age of the members dropped down to 18 since i've been gone? (geez,i was only gone for a few months!)
since i've been back,i don't even really think i've made a post of my own,because the responses i will get
wont be worth reading!

it seems that all i read about here is olympic illuminati crap,confusing american political opinions,silly zombie stories(really people? you actually believe this?)and some imminent ufo invasion.
even the best ufo vids get damned to hell lately.
for anybody that is going to post a ufo video in the future,well you better have actual footage of a real alien,
along with footage of a guided tour of the mother ship! if not,you'll be run out of town here!
there are a few good topics i read,but they are becoming more rare.
the place just seems so negative of late,people are probably afraid to post anything,because they don't want
to have to scroll through all the negative replies before the come across an intelligent one.
anyway,thats my 2 cents
i do like this sight,and i hope this is only a phase!
peace

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Its summertime and the kids are out of school. Some will waste their time posting just to be able to start a thread and troll. It happened last year and the year before that and the...well, you get the picture. Once fall arrives ATS seems to get better, but that's just my take on things.

I like most of the forums but rarely comment with the exception of the political/government ones, as that is where I think real nefarious plans are being planned and implemented.

Politicians and the government agencies are always up to some sort of shenanigans. Maybe it is just me, but I feel that is where the real conspiracies lie.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I AGREE!

Thanks.

I just couldn't take it anymore.
edit on 5-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yes, I must admit that in the last few months any threads I have started I am scared to death of the replies from the ATS members who still seem to be in kindergarten. Maybe I should put on a pair of pants and sit on the floor crossed legged while sucking on a lollipop when reading the replies.......It never used to be like this on ATS........................If it doesn't stop soon I am telling my mom......................

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Yes, I must admit that in the last few months any threads I have started I am scared to death of the replies from the ATS members who still seem to be in kindergarten. Maybe I should put on a pair of pants and sit on the floor crossed legged while sucking on a lollipop when reading the replies.......It never used to be like this on ATS........................If it doesn't stop soon I am telling my mom......................

LOL! I know.. certain subjects when I see someone post a thread concerning.. I put the kevlar and flame resistant clothing on before clicking on it. People have gotten pretty darned crappy recently. Ive actually felt sorry for the OP of many threads more than a few times since summer started.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by davethebear

LOL! I know.. certain subjects when I see someone post a thread concerning.. I put the kevlar and flame resistant clothing on before clicking on it. People have gotten pretty darned crappy recently. Ive actually felt sorry for the OP of many threads more than a few times since summer started.

Mmmmmmmmmm..........Hopefully things will change and go somewhere to being relatively back to some kind of normality when the kids return to school........................Ooooooooooh, I do hope so.......

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
In my opinion many of the more "out there" ( to be kind ) threads that pop-up all over the Interent are born of people who have pet theories and then then tend to begin seeing "proof" of those theories under every rock. Since these people have already taken one leap of faith, for lack of a better term, into the deep end of the pool... well then adding new information to their theory seems logical and rational to them.

Besides... we all know it's the secret chemical they put into french fries that is making everybod crazy!

For my part? I like reading some of the really out there theories because often there are kernels of pretty interesting wisdom or detective work buried deep inside. Sometimes the baby is OK and it's the bathwater that's too murky to mess with.

Not often... but sometimes.

And, if nothing else, even the most out there stuff is better than most network TV shows....

~Heff

join