It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even the African Americans are getting upset with the black on black gang violence out of control in

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
"A shame gang rap, violence in movies and tv had to corrupt the younger generation. "

Thats just bull crap, movies and tv dont corrupt the young. Poverty, social class systems and illiteracy have far more to do with this issue than TV im afraid!
edit on 5-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Feminism and the break down of the family. If you want to fix African American and other low economic families, require recipients of welfare to be married in order to qualify. One thing most people in jail have in common: They grew up in a single mother household.

Also, the war on drugs needs to be ended and sensible policies need to be enacted. Personally, the thought of outlawing something solely because it can get you high seems so utterly repressive, that if I where to describe how I truly felt about prohibitionist's, well... yeah.

But anyways, with proven toxic, dangerous substances, they should be treated like poison. Send the seller to jail for attempted murder, and send the buyer to a mental facility for attempted suicide. For stuff that isn't a poison(use Alcohol as a low bar), regulate/tax.

Without solving that problem first, any attempt to help African American's to help themselves will end in failure.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

African American? There american just like I am...why do they have to be considered African if they are American? Because there black? or just because that's what the MSM calls them? You don't see anybody calling brown people in america Saudi american or Indian americans. Seriously jump off the race wagon...were all the same.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yes, I did. But please, don't misunderstand. I am a Black man and I feel all the "gansta" rap is here to utterly destroy my people. How else would it become popular so quick? How else would these so called "artist" be able to say rap about drugs, illegal by the way, and violence with little to know out cry from formal organizations? Don't give me the 1st amendment BS either, its obviously detrimental to the community. Just as drugs are, but those ARE illegal.

Interesting. Well it grieves my soul to see my black brothers and sisters being taught to hate their white brothers and sisters, since always ends badly.

However your observation is very astute. I wonder if there is any truth to this allegation? Supposedly the satanic record industry deliberately fostered ganster rap in order to increase profits in the privatized prison industry, which they had invested in heavily.

www.hiphopisread.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Poor young people get caught up in the Horror of no job and no career. So what do they do if they live in the most consumerist society in the world??? Go to Harvard??

Back in the day everyone had more optimism about getting a job. hard working guys in their 20s could get married buy a house with a small pool for the kids. What now? Firstly the level of job security (IF you can get a job is very low) the whole country is dying.

before any one kicks of the above analysis gives me NO JOY!

Blaming feminism is just idiotic because back in the day there were more feminists, femist debat, feminist books and generally more action.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

"A shame gang rap, violence in movies and tv had to corrupt the younger generation. "

Thats just bull crap, movies and tv dont corrupt the young. Poverty, social class systems and illiteracy have far more to do with this issue than TV im afraid!

My Grandparents lived in an area of London in the 1930's called the bunk. This area had extreme poverty and social deprivation. Many people were illiterate, most had no money and had to dodge the rent collectors, people used old coal sacks as curtains. While just a few streets away you had doctors, politicians and aristocrats living in relative luxury. Warm fire’s, servants, automobiles, fine food and posh clothes etc...

There was lots of crime... pickpockets, fraudsters, thieves... however, can you please explain to me why they didn’t travel around in gangs shooting and stabbing each other while spewing a constant stream of filth and self righteous attitude from their mouths?

Don't get me wrong... Social deprivation and poverty certainly influences crime in a society... but to ignore the effects of violent movies, music and games on young men from deprived backgrounds is naive. If these media formats did not influence people then there would be no such things as adverts.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join