It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just bought a can of Campbells Chunky Soup...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Everything is becoming low quality nowadays. Anyone remember that frog in the can of peas or those small pieces of blue plastic in Walmart's Chicken Nuggets, or what about that finger in Wendy's Chilli Cup thing. It seems like food isn't being inspected properly, so food is probably rushed to the Shelves. If this is true then it means companies only care about money and not safety.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004
reply to post by ZeroReady

What's next Boyardee Beef Ravioli Ravioli? This is horrible

Nah, Nasty Dinty moore beef stew comes before the boyardee beef ravioli, which is right up there with the bad as well though. How about some Van Kamps pork & beans with the square of lard waiting for yuh?

Ah hell, Let's just get to the bottom of the barrel and make it beenie weenies or some good ole stinky canned SPAM. LMAO! ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

LOL...what the heck is Spam? I have never eaten it, but have heard many jokes about it, and know you don't want it in your e-mail !

Seriously, I am becoming more and more grossed out by most foods...and I find myself eating just enough to survive. I went to the market a few days ago, planning to spend about $100, I ended up leaving with a gallon of 2% lowfat milk, a loaf of whole wheat bread, a hunk of tilamonk sharp chedder cheese, grapes, bananas, oranges, a few tomatos, and some skinnless chicken breasts. I really was getting sick just looking at all the "food", I just had to leave the store......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If I was paying $5 for 1 can of soup I would be moving back to the mainland. For $5.64 I can buy 3 cans. Besides why would you want to live on an island that is surrounded by nuclear fallout??

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Spam is spiced ground pork that is vacume packed inside a can. It's nasty. Big on the islands though.

Yeah, I love Tilimonk sharp chedder. Got some in the fridge right now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification....hmm...I wonder why it would be popular on the Islands? I was in Hawaii once, loved it there, sooo Beautiful....went to Maui and Kawaii....maybe I was in "tourist" land, but all the food seemed so fresh and good...best roasted pork I ever ate, although that poi stuff was rather odd?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I just got back from 10 days in Kauai on the north shore back in June. Yeah, I love Hawaiian food, it's one of my favorites other than Japanese and Indian. Yeah, The food is fresh over there. The Ahi tuna is the best. Their beef mostly comes from local organic farms. You can taste the difference when you eat a steak over there.

That's why Bubba's Burgers is the best cheeseburger on the planet in my opinion. I laughed when Yahoo had a list of the best cheesburgers and Bubba's was not on it. Shows what they know. Only 3 exist in the world, and only on the island of Kauai. I was talking with a local that worked there and she said all the beef comes from a local organic farm just a few miles away. Can't beat that.

As far as SPAM goes, I just noticed that it's always on the menu at every Hawaiian BBQ place I have ever been to, even the ones here on the mainland. Maybe it's a pork thing, I don't know. Tried the stuff when I was a kid and never again. I am addicted to Hawaiian BBQ though, Love the beef ribs. ~$heopleNation

edit on 7-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well...hopefully will be able to taste a Bubba's burger someday....
Thank-You for the correct spelling of Kauai...lol...I should have spell checked it......

Yes, the food and BBQ there was amazing.....and the smells of everything....WOW....I really loved my time there......although when they tell you not to drive to Hanna on your own, you really should listen.....boy that was scary......yikes.......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

No worries, I am not the spell police. Yeah, there is nothing like the islands. I am not Hawaiian, but inside my heart I am. When I left, I looked back at the island of Kauai through the plane's window from thousands of feet up and I cried because I love that place so much and I didn't want to leave.

The road to Hana? Yeah, I drove it too when I was younger back in 1996. Course I wasn't alone. My girlfriend and I took a trip to Maui together. You sure are brave driving that road alone, it's very dangerous. Twice as dangerous when it rains. You are aware that many people believe that the road to Hana is plagued with evil spirits?

Well, After driving it myself, I believe it is. During the entire drive my girlfriend and I fought like we never had done before. On the rest of the island we got along fine. It seemed like when we got on that road, there was a negative energy, mixed with anxiety. I can't explain it. Now I am not one who believes in ghosts, but I felt it.

What was spooky was later learning that locals believe evil spirits lurk there and harass tourists. Then I read in a book, I believe it's called 'Horror in Paradise", a collection of short stories about incidents on the Islands, that The Road to Hana has an evil presence. I believe I still have it in a box of old books in my garage. Anyway, Beautiful place, but that was my experience on The Road to Hana.

I never felt anything negative on the Island of Kauai though, and I went everywhere on that Island. I flew across the entire island on a heli-Tour. I seen the most beautiful places on Earth. Truly the land of the gods. I also got to go horseback riding in the deep Kauai wilderness where we had lunch and went swimming under a waterfall. Well, now you understand why a grown Man was reduced to tears when he had to say goodbye and leave such a wonderful place. ~$heopleNation

edit on 7-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

LOL, I stand corrected again, I guess the road to "Hana" was in Maui, not Kauai....and yes, that is one evil road !
It was actually my ex-husband that drove, not me, and it's sooo wierd you talked about fighting on that road, on the way there we found a pool with a waterfall, had a great swim and bagged lunch there, but on the way back it was the worst storm I had ever been in, and me and my ex fought like crazy, I wanted him to pull over, but he insisted on driving, I was sooo scared I actually just shut-up, lol, which is wierd for me, I was never so happy when we made it back to the hotel !

That night we ordered room service and several cocktails for dinner....LOL...and discovered that the local "smoke" we bought on the road to Hana was fake.....it was a heck of a day!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What irks me is, why is something called (Dinty Moore) beef stew when the beef is the least of the items in it??? It should be potato stew with beef, or carrot stew with chicken!

And, that Chicken of the Sea CHUNK light tuna---WHERE'S THE CHUNKS? All I get is tuna mush that I can't drain the water out of. YUCK!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

jigger, That is a good point about Dinty Moore buddy. It is mostly veggies with little cubes and shreds of beef, or whatever it is. It tastes more like horse meat, not that I have ever tasted horse. Just my assumption of what it probably tastes like.

Well, that gets us all back to the original subject of the thread, which was how much they short you meat in canned goods. Always good to have some canned goods (as well as freeze dried foods) on hand though in case of a natural disaster. Load up on plenty of water as well. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Hey Zero Ready, Just so you know, I did call The Campbells Soup Company finally,
but I will have to call back between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to actually discuss this matter
with one of their representatives. I have made a note of it, and I will do so.
Then I will get back to you.

Just to let you know that I have not dropped the ball altogether.

Campbells has been an excellent company for Many Generations.
I am sure that they would like to keep up that reputation.
Best, Wildmanimal

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join