It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just bought a can of Campbells Chunky Soup...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Yeah every time make a large batch and freeze it yummy. $5 ridiculous so don't pay it that's just making the rich richer playing and paying the game don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Most of that pre made processed food consists of mostly fat and other non nutritional garbage which leaves your body wanting more 'food" shortly after eating it because it is not meeting your bodies nutritional needs.
I read a quote in an article not long ago that said america is the only country in the history of the world in which obese people suffer from malnutrition.
They are obese from eating all that food containing mostly animal fats and other non nutritional garbage and at the same time their bodies are suffering from malnutrition because their bodies aren`t getting the proper amount of nutrients,vitamins and minerals.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
lol it remind me one time at my workplace
i bought a chicken teriyaki with rice and vegies freezed meal
i put it in the microwave for my lunch time .. i was very ungry and i had only 30min of free time
once it was cooked i opened the little box and i saw a huge amount of sauce
the rice was drowning in it and with a few piece of vegies but NO CHICKEN
not even a single piece

clam showder have way to much potatoes with almost no sea food
now when i buy canned food i make sure it is in rebate .. less then 2$
the cans are always good for lunch sometimes and for reserve
because if the SHTF .. meat or not the potatoes will be very appreciated

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

..that was funny!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Most of the soaps, shampoos and deodorants you buy at the store are petroleum base and that isn't really good for you.

Some companies for buying bath products.....costs more but worth it.

LostMountainLavender.com (best soap and lavender oil on the planet) I just get the plain Lavender Soap, but they have some different kinds to choose from. Lavender is not only soothing when you smell it, it is a natural deodorant. Right now I'm into Lost Mountain's plain Lavender Soap and it's creamy, leaves my skin and yes even my hair sweet smelling, shiny, clean and smooth..............I've even had strangers ask me what I have on as they really like it.

LostMountainLavender.com - 100% natural
GreenRidgeHerbals.com - Excellent, pricey but really good stuff for your body. 100% natural
HeavenAndEarthBody.com (big chunky sweet smelling bars of soap and her body butter is super
SoapWorksStudio.com - Many of her soaps are natural (not all) but the scents are out of this world.
Herbaria.com - From St. Louis, MO - nice people, good products. 100% Natural

The above you can order on line, they bring it right to your door (Lost Mountain delivers within 48 hours of order) and my doctor says my skin and hair are like a woman of about 35 - I'm almost 60.

My son and husband use Dial

I won't go near the soap/shampoo or deodorants in the store now, not after trying the above and again, my skin and hair are sweet smelling and soft.

I switch around on soaps, even use the Rosemary Rhassoul on my dogs - they love it.

Green Ridge Organics Soaps, shampoos, lotions, (her Coconilla is to die for)

www.greenridgeherbals.com...

Hebaria also puts out a dog soap. They are 100% natural and have like about 40 choices for soaps and offer a lot of really good products.

www.herbariasoap.com...
Herbaria also has a huge and I mean huge selection of soaps, shampoos, deodorants, and they are 100% natural, good for your body.

This is the body butter (Coconut, smells like a day at the beach) from www.heavenandearthbody.com...
Body Butter (nice)

Her Geranium avec de l'argile and Flower Child Soaps are my favorite.

Lost Mountain Lavender. Nice big chunky bars -
- Boy this stuff is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what I'm using now (even on my hair) and boy it's a real good soap/shampoo). After using this I have to watch it around my husband because he really likes the scent on me

I get the big plain Lavender bar and a 4 oz bottle of the lavender oil

I get the 4 oz size. Mix it in your body butter, a couple drops in a bath, a drop on your wrists. The smell of Lavender does something to your brain that relaxes you just by smelling it.

Now the above listed are all SMALL AMERICAN BUSINESSES...................Made here in the good old USA.

I do not get a discount, commission or anything just telling y'all out there that the above soap, lotion and other bath products for the body these folks sell are outstanding - way better than the junk in the stores.

You order on line and in a few days the post office delivers it right to your door.

No traffic, no parking spots or crying kids to contend with and I've got like about 100 bars saved up........just in case.

See my profile for website addresses, I think I have them all listed.

Once you get these bath products you will never want to go back to the junk the big companies put out.

www.soapworksstudio.com...

The Moroccan Fig Soap and Sandal Wood soaps are my favorite, I also like her Lavender Pear. These soaps are nice size but square not rectangle. Not all are 100% natural but boy, the smells and how soft these products leave your skin and hair are fantastic.

edit on 6-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The more efficient it is the poorer the quality.

If they want quality then there is less product.

Less product means bigger price on food.

So be grateful that it's 5 instead of 25.

But still, NO MEAT!? Campbell better get their act together or else.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I totally agree. I remember about 10 years back the chunky soups were rich, thick, hearty, and full of flavor.

Now they seem watered down and tasteless.

And salt!. I seldom buy ANYTHING canned due to the sodium (well, I DO have canned goods as the salt keeps the "food" preserved for many many moons.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I didn't think anyone would read this rant when I made it. I was just mad and there was no one around to talk to about this. Glad to know I've got some solidarity! Thanks everyone for pitching in!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
Hi op

i know what u mean totally misleading
look at the pic, that spoon is overflowing with meat and potat
i find theres more meat in a cheap tin of irish stew than that lol

If it hadn't been so late at night when I made the soup I would have taken a pic of what was actually in the can. Wish I would have to compare the label and actual content.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

What little bites of meat I did find were gamy and not even very tasty. The can should really read "Lean on meat-like substances".

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
You live in Hawaii and you're complaining about a can of soup.

I feel bad for you.

No offense but it's not always paradise here. 100$ will buy you 2 bags of groceries. Rent is increasing astronomically every year. No jobs. Polluted water. Gridlock on the 3 highways on the island most of the day. Homeless people everywhere you look.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by VariableConstant

I have a hard time sympathizing with someone who can go to any beach, catch a fish and have fresh sushi.

Call me crazy but that's how I feel.

I fish from the beach 2 or 3 times a week. In 2 years of doing it you want to know how many edible fish I've caught??

Maybe 10 tops. Most times I go weeks without a bite. The beaches here are fished out man. And the water is so polluted in some places you wouldn't want to eat anything you did catch.

There won't be anything left of Hawaii in a couple generations. The way we live on these islands is not sustainable.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by ZeroReady

Yeah that reminds me of the one time I got that "restaurant style" salsa from Tostitos and found out that it's just regular salsa with less vegetables in it. It's basically just watered down. It just amazes me the audacity of it. It's like someone was sitting in a boardroom meeting and just went "Hey man I have an Idea! Let's put less good stuff in the salsa. We'll just call it "restaurant style."They'll still buy it!" And the sad thing is, they do still buy these trashy products. I even heard one guy going on about how good the stuff was at one point, which lead me to buy a can and find out that it's just watered down salsa.

Yes! Salsa! Exactly! I've always bought Newman's Own brand of salsa. It's mostly chunks of stuff and not soupy or watery like other salsas.

Well as of a couple weeks ago you cannot find a jar of Newman's Own salsa on this island. Everywhere I used to get it from is out of stock with no plans on re-ordering. I've tried like 5 other brands of salsa, Tostitos included, and was so pissed at how watery they all were.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anywho

Check out the sodium content. I don't know how old you are now, but a few years of that kind of intake and you get to join in on paying big pharma for you high blood pressure and inflammed joints and stuff. Processed soups are like the initiation nectar to your future of disabilities.

Luckily for me I never eat canned soups except for this one time, I was exhausted and starving. Just needed to eat something quick before bed and the soup seemed harmless enough. Never again though.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Yeah its a shame, getting more expensive for lesser quality food.

I found a recipe for chicken noodle soup a few months ago and made it, was pretty good and not that expensive. Homemade the way to go

I am lousy when it comes to making flavorful broth, so I cook up potatoes, bake a chicken then break it into meaty chunks, add veggies and mix in the flavor packets from Lipton chicken noodle soup. Excellent!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have found that the condensed Campbells soups are much better than the chunky. Not more meat, but without a doubt more flavor. I add fresh chopped garlic and curry powder to mine and it's great. Just my opinion. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

haha this post made me laugh so hard.....im sorry brother I feel for ya....seems like we are paying more for less these days...hang in there.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
For what it's worth....those 3 pieces? They weren't meat.....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

What, like some tofu maybe? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

The sad thing is, you're probably correct. Course, Chicken breast never tasted much better than tofu anyway, unless you spice it up with alot of sodium. I was always a leg and thigh man myself. The dark meat has so much more flavor.

The best BBQ chicken is using drum sticks or thighs. Course, always remove the skin because it's nasty and very bad for you. The dark meat still tastes good without the skin. Just apply a light dry rub chile powder (which is what BBQ sauce really is) and then throw it on the grill.

About 5 minutes before you take it off, smother it with some NOH Hawaiian BBQ Sauce. The best BBQ Sauce on this planet, and I have tried them all. They have regular and spicy. I prefer the spicy myself. Just in case you all wanted to know. LMAO!
~$heopleNation

edit on 6-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

What's next Boyardee Beef Ravioli Ravioli? This is horrible

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join