It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just bought a can of Campbells Chunky Soup...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It took me almost half a century, but I finally figured out.. to plan is to be wise.
Food today sucks.. truth be told it always did when it was the processed kind. Never ever get hungry with nothing on hand.. plan. You KNOW youre going to be hungry at some point. Make things and freeze or can it yourself. You dont have to milk the cows or plow the field.. you have PLENTY of time to prepare your food and make sure youre eating correctly. Your body should be the most important thing to you and its health.

I got po'd one day due to the half full bags of chips and pathetic soups and gristly meats.. and decided Id do this. It was hard to make it a habit.. but it became a habit and we not only save money, we eat very well! Soups are about the most easy thing to make truth be told, slow cooker or crock pot it if you havent the time to mind the stove.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

It was late, I was starving, soup sounded good, even if it was canned.

There was seriously like 3 tiny pieces of meat in there. Mostly just potatoes, couple mushrooms.

I saw this on the front page with the boxes of all the headline stories. I saw "There was seriously like 3 tiny pieces..." and thought something like 3 tiny pieces of plastic or glass or some grossed out foreign object and the worst (I don't think I could really say... i'll just say this) small hairs. this site needs a vomiting emote

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

we eat very well! Soups are about the most easy thing to make truth be told, slow cooker or crock pot it if you havent the time to mind the stove.

I'm going back to eating healthy, I pigged out on fast food this summer. though I always blended fruit and veggies smoothies in the morning and sometimes as an alternative to a shake with my fast food. At least i got fresh fruit and veggies every day.

I will say this. You should warn the person that when they first eat crockpot or pan made soup or stews.. the first thing you notice is "Not enough salt" and you try and ad more salt. But salt is what it's suppose to lack. We have become conditioned to eat salt which is nothing more than the main preservatives in part of the canning process.

Our forefathers (before canning) used salts to cure the outside of meats and such but usually cut that part away. foods were flavored with rosemary or basil and such. salt is a food enhanser and small amounts as a meat tenderizer. nothing more. It's why so many people are dying. And salt Im told by my doctor causes the body cells to retain water which stretches them. So even though salt is not a fat, it contributes to obeisity but not allowing the fluids to be removed from your body, naturally.

And once you stop eating processed salty foods (he told me) you then drink lots of water. because before you had fluid in your cells keeping you hydrated. dirty fatty fluids but well hydrated. Once you eat healthy your body might suddenly feel weak from dehydration.

and in a month if you ever go back from home made crock pot soup to a can soup, you will probably spit it out because it will taste like sea water.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Dinty Moore > *

My dogs split a can for dinner every day.

I'm Vegetarian.
edit on 5-8-2012 by BrutalDictator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the scary thing about cambells soup is that you can vomit it all over the floor and it will look indistinguishable from the original product.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

S&F *****

And don't you just love how the McDonald's burgers look on TV but when you buy one it's 1/2 that size.

What you see on the label and on TV and what you get are two different things and in order to cut costs and make more $$$ PROFIT $$$ Everything keeps getting smaller and smaller and suckier in quality.

May your next MacDonald order come with a extra free fries or Coke! or something free fall in your lap.

I know how you feel.

That's why - go to Chef John's Food Wishes (Google it) and learn how to make your own soup.

Soup is one of the easiest and most fun things to make.

u2u me and when I have time, I'll send you a couple recipes...................cheaper, and you know exactly what is in your soup. Easy to make.

BTW: We have a recipe section, when I have time, I'll post a couple good soup recipes.

Chef John foodwishes.blogspot.com...

Now, if you like split ham and pea soup boy this is super easy and delicious.

Chicken soup.................ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh with wild rice, yum.

Now you always start out with the holy trinity of soup - carrots, celery and onions - saute them lightly in unsalted real butter (Land O Lakes)

put it in a crock pot (big one) add a big box of low sodium chicken broth and chicken and wild rice or potatoes cut up into small cubes.

After a few hours you will have super duper chunky as you want soup...........hell add some peas, cheese, whatever left overs you have - and YOU are in charge of how chunky your soup is.

Get a crock pot (big one) and get crocking!

My chicken soup was the last thing my beloved Mother In Law requested before she died of breast cancer - the last real meal she had before she could only eat a little cantaloupe or water melon.

She said my soup was the best.

Don't forget to add a little pepper, garlic powder, basil, a bay leaf.

You make a big batch and freeze it in tupperware containers according to the size you need. You will have soup for a week......................GOOD SOUP YOU KNOW WHAT'S IN IT.

Again, check out Check out Foodwishes.com - Chef John makes really good soups.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Call the company and complain. You're already out $5, might as well get a free can or a check for your money back. The customer support rep probably hates the company more than you do. Be friendly, and they will help you out.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

There was seriously like 3 tiny pieces of meat in there. Mostly just potatoes, couple mushrooms.

It was almost 5$ for the can. (Hawaii, everything here is expensive.)

There was no freaking meat in it!! What is going at the Campbells factory?! Complete rip off food wise, and I swear they're putting less and less good stuff in the soups over the years. Even the "Chunky" soups are anything but.

This is getting ridiculous.

What do you expect from canned dog food?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Write the company and tell them this. Be nice, but informative in your writings. Include a photo of the can, even if there's nothing in it. You'll get a very nice replacement in the mail. You'll get even more if there's what you say in the can, which is no meat.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It was almost 5$ for the can. (Hawaii, everything here is expensive.)

There was no freaking meat in it!! What is going at the Campbells factory?! Complete rip off food wise, and I swear they're putting less and less good stuff in the soups over the years. Even the "Chunky" soups are anything but.

This is getting ridiculous.

Well u wanted Lean meat and you got it!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Of all the rants I have seen on ATS, this is by far the best! I really was not expecting to read this, really took me by surprise.
It reminds of some of the pies I have bought in the past, 'made with 100% pure chicken' but likewise, there are a few crums of chicken 'stuff' in them.

Never trust the labels.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You think its bad now wait till this drought takes full effect. Meat went down a bit when they had to start selling cattle on mass, but now it and all the veges are headed strait through the roof. I saw 90% lean ground beef the other day going for $5.29 a pound.

We have started learning to can and trying to use the dehydrator as much as possible. buying whats on sale and storing it up as much as we can.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stew4media

There already is one:

Or were you being sarcastic?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Count your self lucky what they try to pull off as meat these days
is anything but meat.... your better off with ramen noodles as long as your allowed
2 weeks worth of salt intake in one serving.... stick with PB&J on ritz crackers at least it's tasty!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I never knew they used real meat in those soups LOL.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It is not just limited to food items but all other everyday items such as razor blades, personal hygiene etc:

Some of the shampoos at my local CVS can go up to $10.50 forcing me to go to the dollar store:

This is an image from the local CVS Shampoo Aisle. There is something definitely wrong with this picture:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BrutalDictator

My husband always said it tasted like dogfood. Then I saw a guy on t.v. eat dog food and say "it tastes like chunky soup.".. haha

I finally tried a can and I was disappointed. But then, I've never liked dog food.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
For beauty products, go to a "Sally Beauty Supply" or something like it. Buy that stuff by the gallon and water it down, it's all the same, you're just paying extra for the smaller packaging in the drugstores and the 'nice smell' or some such three second-long luxury ego trip.

For the coming food problems, look into the growing aquaponics movement. Basically, you have a large fish tank outside, pump the dirty fish water thru racks with plants growing in them (bare root, no dirt) and then the plants utilize the fish waste and the water returned to the fish. It uses a tiny fraction of the water of regular farming and can be scaled from a tiny patio up to a large commercial business making money, and it's all organic. You can either harvest the fish for meat, or use gold fish or koi and if you want, sell them as a side business. Koi and goldfish are easy to breed, and with this kind of gardening, there's almost no problems with pests or weeds.

There's a huge amount of info on Youtube about aquaponics and groups coming up all over the place. You can do this anywhere, the desert, a parking lot, your driveway or back yard. Don't need expensive farm land.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Doncha just hate that..

I have similar exeriences when I buy bags of mixed nuts...

There's always around only 5 - 6 cashews in the whole bag, but the pic on the package clearly shows an even distribution of nuts..

It's a crime I tell you.!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
What you didn't realize is that in that can, you received your three day supply of salt and other chemicals.

If you aren't a cook, that is you can burn water, then either try the dry soups found in groceries, or get to one of those country stores where they sell bulk foods. They often carry about 15 different soups to which you add water and heat. These are generally very good, but nothing quite like home-made.

I've no idea why Campbells or other soup companies are still in business, their soups are trash.

Well maybe cream of mushroom or onion soup, because it is sometimes used in recipes, keeps them in business ???: lol:files.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join