It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just bought a can of Campbells Chunky Soup...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Yeah that reminds me of the one time I got that "restaurant style" salsa from Tostitos and found out that it's just regular salsa with less vegetables in it. It's basically just watered down. It just amazes me the audacity of it. It's like someone was sitting in a boardroom meeting and just went "Hey man I have an Idea! Let's put less good stuff in the salsa. We'll just call it "restaurant style."They'll still buy it!" And the sad thing is, they do still buy these trashy products. I even heard one guy going on about how good the stuff was at one point, which lead me to buy a can and find out that it's just watered down salsa.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Reminds me of a bag of chex mix I ate a few days ago. It had like seven pretzels in it, a few breaksticks, and then the remaining 99% of the bag was those cereal things.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I can see the validity of your point, but why would you want free cans of that crap. Free crap is still crap, my friend

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Haven't bought a tin of soup in a gods age. There's usually something chunky, soupy and meaty going in the slow cooker weekly though. Least I know what's in it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I hear you. Soup has hit an all time low in quality. I eat a lot of soup, I have a bad stomach, and soup digests much easier than a sandwich for lunch. But here of late, soup is not even worth the cost. I cannot imagine paying $5 for a can of chunky soup, I pay like $1.56 a can at Aldi Discount Grocers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Apparently no one here has ever eaten Progresso.

You want soup in a can it's like anything else. You get what you pay for.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by butcherguy

I can see the validity of your point, but why would you want free cans of that crap. Free crap is still crap, my friend
Not so much free, but replacement for the $5 that the OP paid for the can.
But I get your point. If you want good soup, better make it yourself. Even restaurants start with mass-produced soup base when they make soup. You don't want to know what's in that stuff.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There WAS steak in it. There WAS potatoes in it...so you got exactly what you paid for.
Screwed? Yep...but Campbells is in the clear because they delivered what the packaging said..like those darn potatoe chips 1/2 bags...weight and air...but legal to sell.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Once a week make a big batch of homemade soup....problem solved.

I don't eat canned soup anymore...too expensive...and too high in sodium; plus the ingredients are skimpy; which your thread validates.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There was no freaking meat in it!! What is going at the Campbells factory?! Complete rip off food wise, and I swear they're putting less and less good stuff in the soups over the years. Even the "Chunky" soups are anything but.

It's called "stealth" inflation. Perfect example of what Ron Paul is talking about. That's why everything you buy, you get less of. It's also how they fudge the inflation numbers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Its probally a machine pouring a big vat of meat water and potatoes into cans on a conveyer belt. Thats what sucks about big corporations. if it were some guy sitting at a table counting how many pieces of meat he put in there it would be better.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Check out the sodium content. I don't know how old you are now, but a few years of that kind of intake and you get to join in on paying big pharma for you high blood pressure and inflammed joints and stuff. Processed soups are like the initiation nectar to your future of disabilities.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

This is exactly the type of thing I was talking about when I made this thread:

The continuously declining quality of consumer goods

It's the most god damn annoying thing ever. Prices rise but stuff lowers in quality. I cannot begin to express how angry it makes me. And they think no one will even notice this crap? God damn criminals!

edit on 5/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlf15y

There was no freaking meat in it!! What is going at the Campbells factory?! Complete rip off food wise, and I swear they're putting less and less good stuff in the soups over the years. Even the "Chunky" soups are anything but.

It's called "stealth" inflation. Perfect example of what Ron Paul is talking about. That's why everything you buy, you get less of. It's also how they fudge the inflation numbers.
Brilliant point. Excellent point. Outstanding point. Amazing point. Mind-blowing point.

I never even thought of that. You sir a genius. Like the terminology too. "Stealth inflation". I'm going to use that. Did you get that from some where or make it up?
edit on 5/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, no doubt homemade soup is the way to go....I know in this busy world it seems a big chore, but really making soup is really fun, and a great way to use leftovers and clean out the veggie drawer and use that leftover chicken and rice...it freezes well....which is nice after a long day to have something yummy to heat up quickly......

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I bet that can of soup was chock full o' HFCS and soy byproducts though!
edit on 5-8-2012 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Campells did you a favor. That meat is disgusting, and you know it.

Sure, it's your government given right to eat disgusting excuses for meat.

But damn --- I'd be surprised if that broth wasn't leftover medical waste as well.

Seriously, #SNIP!# Campbells.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Here is another one. According to the Ingredients list on the side of the pack, Continental Chinese chicken and corn soup has .... 2.2% sweetcorn and .... well ....... they don't mention any chicken at all.!!!!!!!!!! WTF. No chicken. At least you got a hint of beef!

P

It does have chicken scrapings off the processor belts and floor, which is dipped in bleach and recycled into soup additive as chicken flavor though!
edit on 5-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

You were not paying attention to the fact that your particular choice
of goody, is the most popular on the market.
Even here on the East Coast , the shelves are empty of "Steak and Potato".
You can find all the Clam Chowder as well as Cheddar Potato with Bacon bits
versions you can hold.

There is a conspiracy as to not only why your can was devoid of Chunky Beef
but why it is available in such limited supply.

I'll tell you what, if you grind some fresh black pepper, and add a touch of "Franks"
Hot Sauce, "Steak and Potato" is the best Camp Chow there is.

I can't even find it on the shelf...Maybe you should contact Campbells Corporate Headquarters
and find out what the hell kind if outfit they're running these days,,,,
The information for you to do so is on the side of the can.

Never be afraid to make a difference. Best, Wildmanimal

I will contact them next business week , just so it is a team effort.
Maybe some other interested parties here will consider the same.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Typo/Add Content

edit on 5-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

My new favorite is the Hearty Beef Noodle. When I was much younger, before the advent of Chunky, Campbell's Scotch Broth was the favorite. Can't buy that anymore because it's either not on the shelf, or $3-4 per can. Not sure why mutton would cost so much? Manhattan Clam Chowder is the other hard to find or spendy condensed Campbells soup.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Your fault for trusting these mega corporations. Read the ingredients, they poison the food. People will buy from and trust them blindingly because they fell that they know the company because of all the advertizing. I recommend AMY'S soup.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join