It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Joins Obama- Bans American Flag Lapel Pins!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, I fail to understand this. I don't wear a lapel pin, but I'm still proud of my country. Why would a lack of a lapel flag pin make you unpatriotic?

Back when the OP's source article was written (2002) it was fair game to question anyone's patriotism for appearing in public without the minimal requisite number of lapel pins, or flags arranged behind their podium. There was a lot of "OMG, did you see that guy, he had one less flag than that guy, he must hate 'Murika..."

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Why would a lack of a lapel flag pin make you unpatriotic?

Because people with small brains need symbols to do their thinking for them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Of the 3 examples I gave ....the only one you choose to dispute is a picture that may have been photo shopped?

How about actual video of him standing during the pledge of allegence, with his hands at his side while everyone else has thier hands on thier hearts? Why no bible at his "second" oath? How could anyone as smart as Obama just outright ignore the obvious facts that at the VERY least the 9-11 report was "incomplete"

I just feel like I'm in the "twilight Zone" anymore....I feel like I have lived most of my life in some kind of mass illusion....and in all honesty there are days I do miss being a "swallow" spoiled liberal that grew up with more then many, in a the beautiful state of CA......I had a happy childhood, and I want my daughter and all our kids to to live in a world free of war, terror, and debt.....

The last few years I have "changed", and in all good faith I am not willing to turn a blinds eye to what I have come to see as an outright attack on humanity.....those friggin pins "push" my buttons on many levels...but not the "Heart" of the matter at all....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lapel flag pins remind me of the old Soviet Union elite and the Nazis. To me it conveys total unquestionable belief in the political system, and we all know here on ATS, not everyone accepts what our system dishes out.

I would say it's a good thing that reporters don't wear flag pins, even though what they say can sometimes be bias and controlled by the government.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

No other western countries have people flagging their national flag all the time to show "patriotism" either.
I don't see what the fuss is about. You can show patriotism in other ways by doing something good for your country.
I really don't get why you Americans get so worked up over such a small issue...

And ABC in this case even have a point....
edit on 5-8-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

This is nothing. In Sweden it´s racist to sing the national anthem or wear the swedish flag in public, Not even schoolchildren are allowed to sing it in school anymore. It is not only considered racist, but illegal and will land you a heavy fine or, if unlucky, can even land you in jail. Why? Multiculturalism is so widespread here, the swedish identity is all but wiped out. (having a flagpole on the lawn is still legal, but scoffed at)

Wha Wha Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. That is nuts, plain and simple.... guano loco. Wow. Just Wow.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
being discouraged to wear an american flag when you work for "American Broadcasting Company" is just disgusting. What happened to America anyway. We should call this country "The Peoples Republic of Soviet Amerika" instead. This company is about as un american as our stupid president.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

No other western countries have people flagging their national flag all the time to show "patriotism" either.
I don't see what the fuss is about. You can show patriotism in other ways by doing something good for your country.
I really don't get why you Americans get so worked up over such a small issue...

And ABC in this case even have a point....
edit on 5-8-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

everyone here is allowed to show their patriotism anyway they want to as long as it is not committing a crime, I don't care how they do it, it is their right. obviously you don't have a clue about what patriotism means really or you wouldn't make comments like this.

what ever other countries do to display their patriotism is their decision. ours is to wear our flag if we are proud. we are getting worked up over it because our country is eroding into the pot of globalism, and we are discouraged more and more to hang our heads in shame if we are americans.
edit on 5/8/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ABC is nothing but an entertainment company. ABC "News", imo, is laughable.

It's owned by the Walt Disney Company, for heaven's sake, who releases movies for global consumption. They certainly don't want anything to conflict with that GLOBAL AGENDA, even something as small as a patriotic American flag worn by their "news (cough~cough) reporters".

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Lapel flag pins remind me of the old Soviet Union elite and the Nazis. To me it conveys total unquestionable belief in the political system, and we all know here on ATS, not everyone accepts what our system dishes out.

I would say it's a good thing that reporters don't wear flag pins, even though what they say can sometimes be bias and controlled by the government.

Funny.....

That's how I view Ties, and business attire.......

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Closed - pending staff review.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join